Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXX Game Thread - DESPAIR!!! At Hope's Peak Academy!

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

END OF CLASS TRIAL

Well now! What an unexpected twist of fate! It looks like we just had our first majority lockdown in the game! Let's take a look at the votes!

Byakuya - 6 (Sakura, Chiaki, Byakuya, Gundham, Yasuhiro, Celeste)

Chiaki - 1 (Nekomaru)

No vote: Nagito, Kyoko, Sonia

This means that the victim of today's trial is Byakua Togami. Our affluent progeny was a Vanilla Hope's Peak Academy Student played by Citizen Bleys. Shocker, I know.

So you guys are in for a rough ride. But have no fear! One of you guys who voted for Byakuya is getting a prize and will get to do something special tonight on top of being totally immune to killing!

NIGHTTIME

Quick reminder that talking in the game thread is forbidden at nighttime. You have 24 hours to PM me your night action if you have one. Or less. Depends on if I get bored.

Blog Entries

Yeah, no more waiting around. It's time to get this show on the road!

Ding ding ding! A body has been discovered! Who could it be! Why, it's...

Kyoko Kirigiri, the Ultimate Detective! Poor Kyoko did nothing wrong. In fact, she was a Hope's Peak-aligned Roleblocker! Yowch! They're gonna feel that one in the morning, aren't they! She was played by the amazing KleinerKiller. You did well, bud! Better luck next time!

Puhuhuhuhuhu! GYAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You guys are gonna have a bad time...

CLASS TRIAL #4

You have 48 hours to discuss the game freely and lynch someone. Last trial's special rule was a breather. This time, we're kicking things up a notch. You guys are gonna be super dead unless you really work together. Now, pay attention since this rule can be a doozy!

SPECIAL DAILY RULE

You must lynch someone with a unanimous vote!

• of course, not completely unanimous - I don't expect the person being voted out to be super stoked to vote for themselves. Plus, they're gonna be dead anyway! Who cares about their vote!
    • anyone who votes no lynch or for someone other than the majority vote by the end of the day will die
    • naturally, the majority lockdown rule does not apply this time around. HOWEVER! If a unanimous (minus one) lynch is reached before the class trial ends, that's when we have our lockdown.

So, to sum up, you guys have 48 hours to reach a total agreement. Anyone who disagrees will die. This means the game could potentially end during this class trial if enough people go against the status quo. That goes for both Hope's Peak and Ultimate Despair.

Okay now, have fuuu~n!

[##Vote: Nekomaru]

You were pretty gung ho on that Leon lynch and suddenly flip flopped on Byakuya when he was in real danger of being eliminated. Maybe I'm wrong but you're looking pretty scummy to me right now.

I admit my instincts this game have been off. However I am a Vanilla town. In a quiet game all I have is people talking, and if I see something off to me I go with it. Just show that someone who was scum was after me day one. If that's not enough alone to show my innocence I guess I will wish Town good luck in the future of the game.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I fall asleep for a few hours and all of this stuff happens. I should have known, going to sleep is one of the main triggers for story advancement in RPGs.

While Nekomaru's staunch defending of Byakuya was suspicious, we still can't be sure that his instincts were off, like he said. I tried to investigate him last night but my role was blocked, thank you for that.

this game is all sorts of crazy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Celeste View Post
    Puhuhuhuhuhu!

First things first. Byakuya, man, good riddance to bad trash. Can't say I'm at all surprised to see you turn up like a "regular student" now that you're gone. Odds of bein' the god father have to be somethin' like 90%.

Kyoko, rest in piece. You weren't sure about me, and like, I wasn't really sure about you. Looks like we lost a good person though.

Oh man, I've got some super important information peeps. Strap in, it's gonna be a long one.

So check it out, a sadistic little bear informs me on the previous night cycle that I got, like, totally role-blocked by someone. Wasn't sure if I could disclose that info or if it'd be breakin' the rules, right? No reason to get offed for doin' somethin' stupid. But I did know that Byakuya is a bad dude, so I went ahead and voted.

Turns out I'm not the only one not feelin' that dude anymore, and he's a gonner before that bear gets back to me on whether or not I can admit someone tried to role-block me. We're locked in another night cycle, right?

So, like, a new day and sure enough, bye bye Byakuya the "Vanilla Student". However, Ying-Yang bear has some more info waitin' for me for my night cycle. Looks like someone role-blocked me again. Not a problem this time. Remember how any Vanilla Student who voted for the person who wound up gettin' lynched would be in the running to get a special, one time ability? Direct from the bear's mouth, peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by heinous bear dude
    SPECIAL DAILY RULE

Get a special one-time night power that will give you the upper hand in a dire situation!

In order to be eligible for the prize, you must:

• be one of the people who voted for the person lynched - so let's say Yasuhiro gets lynched today because five people voted for him. One of those five people has a chance to get the prize!
    • be a Hope's Peak Academy-Aligned Student (sorry, Ultimate Despair, you cannot take part in the lottery)
    • in the event that the person lynched has been voted on only by Ultimate Despair, then only the voters for the second closest to lynch candidate are eligible
    • naturally, the winner will not be announced in the thread - they will only be informed privately!

But what is this prize, Monokuma? Puhuhuhu, well, if you really want to know...

• You will be completely immune to Ultimate Despair's attacks that night
    • You will receive a special one-time night action that you have to use on the next night. If you have a night action already, you can and should use both. What the action does specifically will be made known to you and you only!
    Must be my good karma payin' off. More like abilities. Check it.

Told me I'd get to investigate two peeps I thought were shady in one night. The bear says if either of them are scum, the results would come back that at least one is definitely scum. So it's a 50/50 shot on which one is which. Or it could be both!

My special action could not be blocked! (Niiiice. I knew whoever blocked me would keep on blockin' me, so let 'em waste it. They can't block this part.)

So I start thinkin'. I'm puttin' my faith in Chiaki bein' the cop, right? And that seemed to be workin' out 'cause Byakuya was definitely lookin' like scum after his lynch results. So according to her, I can prob say Sakura and Nagito are cool. Chiaki likes 'em, she's a cop, I like 'em. Don't need a crystal ball for that read.

I also know Chiaki's suspish of Nekomaru. So was I. Still, I don't wanna waste a read on someone who's prob already gettin' scoped out. Thought someone might block her read on Nekomaru, but ya gotta roll the dice sometimes.

So, instead I investigate Kyoko and Celeste. Kyoko doesn't seem to like me, and I know I'm clean. Celeste just seems off to me. The bear confirms there's definitely scum in the read. All right, so I know it's one of the two, and I get ready to come in to the thread and let you know.

Until I read that Kyoko is gone. Sorry we didn't get a good read on each other, sister. Looks like you were one of the good guys. Still feel bad about that.

But that eliminates any variables, dudes. According to my read, and according to that evil bear, Celeste is confirmed scum.

[## Vote: Celeste]

Well that's pretty damning. I guess unless there's a counter claim we know who we're lynching today.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I agree. Also there seems to be the matter that Yasuhiro was blocked and I was blocked, which means we have more than one person who can block. Or at least we did before Kyoko died.

I'll go for it. We need to present a united front after all so if no information arises to dispute Yasuhiro's claim, I'll vote Celeste. If anyone DOES have anything to dispute his claim, now is the time.

[##Vote: Celeste]

I might ass well change my vote for now as well.

[##unvote]
    [##Vote: Celeste]

I have had no luck on my own. I will vote with you guys this time and see what we can find out with it.

##Vote: Celeste

Welp I'm way screwed lol

So you are all out of hope, are you Celeste? How shameful for the Ultimate Gambler. But then, you would know better than anyone when you've already lost, wouldn't you?

Either way, Byakuya was certainly the Godfather and his screaming battle with Yasuhiro was too convincing for me to be able to believe they are both Mafia, so I'm all for putting our faith in this investigation. However, there is a matter you shouldn't forget and should still be discussed, so I won't put down my vote just yet.

*Why did Byakuya do what he did?*

For someone called the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, surely he was thinking of some sort of gain for this monumental risk he undertook for no apparent reason. Surely he calculated far ahead to realize we would probably end up in the situation we are in now. And yet, still, he did what he did. Why?

Show me what answer the Ultimates come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nagito View Post
    However, there is a matter you shouldn't forget and should still be discussed, so I won't put down my vote just yet.

*Why did Byakuya do what he did?*

For someone called the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, surely he was thinking of some sort of gain for this monumental risk he undertook for no apparent reason. Surely he calculated far ahead to realize we would probably end up in the situation we are in now. And yet, still, he did what he did. Why?

Show me what answer the Ultimates come up with.
    It's a fair question, bro. All I can see is maybe this. Like, he knew it was a gamble, but he was hoping by claiming cop he could get the real cop to oust themselves and let the other mafia get a bead on 'em. No way it's a coincidence that Chiaki's cop role got blocked the same night after she came out as a cop. If people believed him, then they could night kill Chiaki, Sakura, or Sonia like Byakuya wanted. If no one buys it, then he's a goner, but the other mafia now know who they can block and can add a kill. So, since no one bought his story, they blocked Chiaki's move and killed off Kyoko. It's a number's game, man. Sacrifice one mafia to neutralize two students.

Plus there's this.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Monokuma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Celeste View Post
    Puhuhuhuhuhu!
    That bear is crazy, man. He loves makin' chaos, and there's no way Byakuya could've calculated that the bear would do somethin' like give out a special one time power. Dude probably thought it was a safe bet at first. Even if he lost, mafia is still lookin' strong. But not after I got lucky with that special ability, and by then it was too late.

The way I see it, like, we probably still have two scum left. One that can role block and probably just a goon dude. We're catchin' a break here for sure man, but I need you to have faith in me like I'm havin' faith in you, Sakura and Chiaki. She says you're good, and after her and Byakuya's cop situation it seems like she's bein' honest. So I'll leave you guys alone. Scouts honor n stuff, bro.

I know Celeste is bad news, so she's a goner in my book. After that I've only got eyes for Nekomaru, man. Unless he can really prove himself clean. That's how I'm playin' this one.