Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXX Game Thread - DESPAIR!!! At Hope's Peak Academy!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Gundham View Post
    We must consider the possibility as well that Nagito can self protect at least once this game and we just haven't been told. I'd think mafia would need to be insane to not try and kill the doc if they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chiaki View Post
    That is a good point, Nagito would you mind telling us if you can self-protect and/or who you chose to protect last night?
    Oh, did I perhaps forget to mention that? I can indeed protect myself at night, lucky me!

But Gundham, why would you bring that up at all, not to mention trace the Despair team's train of thought doing so? I wouldn't call it natural to just *assume* that I can self-protect especially since I wasn't exactly upfront about that little fact. Sorry about that! But then... I can think of someone on whose mind the possibility of me protecting myself would certainly be. That is the faction that who would know exactly what happened that night. The Despair themselves. Enemies of Hope.

[##Vote: Gundham]

Also, since someone brought up the concern; I did think of the possibility of Chiaki being a Despair, but that's why I had her confirm that she knew my ability. If the Despair actually knew of my role from Night 1, it's hard to imagine myself going unblocked for the whole three days after that. Or maybe I'm just that useless that they don't see me as a threat even with a tiny bit of talent to call my own. Haha, I guess that's also possible!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nagito View Post
    We must consider the possibility as well that Nagito can self protect at least once this game and we just haven't been told. I'd think mafia would need to be insane to not try and kill the doc if they could.
    That is a good point, Nagito would you mind telling us if you can self-protect and/or who you chose to protect last night?
    Oh, did I perhaps forget to mention that? I can indeed protect myself at night, lucky me!

But Gundham, why would you bring that up at all, not to mention trace the Despair team's train of thought doing so? I wouldn't call it natural to just *assume* that I can self-protect especially since I wasn't exactly upfront about that little fact. Sorry about that! But then... I can think of someone on whose mind the possibility of me protecting myself would certainly be. That is the faction that who would know exactly what happened that night. The Despair themselves. Enemies of Hope.

Or I am one to consider all possibilities and also have only played two games before this, with the last one being a game where the doctor could protect themselves once. Of course I'm going to draw on the recent life of my last incarnation to come up with scenarios.

Also, getting into the head of mafia is kind of the entire point of the game isn't it? Wait, is this really a bowling alley? Why did no one tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Byakuya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sonia View Post
    Of the remaining people Byakuya and Chiaki, where are your suspicions?
    Lynch Chiaki, lynch Sakura, and lynch you. Game over town wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nekomaru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Byakuya View Post
    Of the remaining people Byakuya and Chiaki, where are your suspicions?
    Lynch Chiaki, lynch Sakura, and lynch you. Game over town wins.
    going back over the day I agree. Either Chiaki doesn't understand how Cop works, or is a mafia who outed the other two mafia trying to lynch you the real Cop.

##Vote: Chiaki

Tomorrow Lynch Sakura, then Sonia the last day and it is a town win.
    Heh, I know, like, lots of people underestimate me 'cause they think I'm a little slow n stuff. I just like to take things in and, like, meditate on 'em for a while. That's all. My memory's actually pretty good, man.

So I got two possible thoughts goin' on right now. Both of 'em mean you're a done dude in my eyes. So either way, [##Vote: Nekomaru] Those arguments were weak sauce, man. I've seen amateur fortune-tellers lie better 'n that. That quote seals your fate to me, bro.

Either you're the last bad guy, and we're home free, or we got one bad guy after you.

I'm thinkin' there's probably two left. Someone already said how it's crazy not to kill the Doc. Plus we're basically certain one of the mafia left can also role block.

Chiaki said she got blocked again, and I don't have a reason to not believe her. Then the amazin' doc says he can protect himself at least once. Chiaki says she's certain the Doc is a good guy according to her read.

So looks like mafia tried to kill doc, got a total shut down, but did block cop's read.

The confusing thing is Sonia. Before today, she was, like, pretty unassuming. She was just chill. So I woulda thought maybe Nekomaru and Gundham's arguin' was like, faked. Y'know to get us thinkin' that only one of 'em was mafia.

But now Sonia's tryin' to question whether or not the cop is bad. Chiaki's been like a good dude this whole time, too. So it's just weirdin' me out.

I know who I'm votin' for now, but if there's more scum left, I'm like, blank man.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Stating the possibility of a self-protection is not the same as stating certainty and/or assuming that is the case.

As for my behaviour yesterday, it was not becoming of a royal princess, I apologise. The stress of learning formal dining etiquette was overwhelming, so much so I felt like I wanted to stab someone with my pastry fork!

As for the Doctor going unblocked, we must remember that we had our own Roleblocker. A roleblocker can stop another roleblocker from carrying out their blocks, so it is entirely possible that the Ultimate Despair's roleblocker kept getting blocked by our roleblocker.

OOC:In actuality I was just having a rough day, and that tends to come out as snark. So yeah, apologies if I perturbed anyone. You'll get fresh princess talk from here on out!

As for why I suspect Chiaki? Well, I must admit the nature of the trial is to suspect everyone. And I always distrust someone who has carried on through to Day Five without barely a whiff of suspicion thrown on them. The same must be said for Sakura.

As much as we dislike it, students are not perfect. We make mistakes. That is a part of theory-making and Despair-hunting. But Chiaki and Sakura have been playing just too perfect a trial for me to simply not notice.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Speaking of, I really would like to hear from Sakura. We have less of a time limit this time and we need two votes to count as one, so every vote matters

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, since there's an odd number of you guys, one person's vote will end up meaning nothing, puhuhuhu!

So it's like an American election? Got it.

I must say, Chiaki, Yasuhiro... Gundham and Sonia seem to be quite in sync, don't they? Sure, Nekomaru's arguments are flimsy, but the way he argues with both of them makes me think he's not on the same team as either of them. Conversely, Sonia and Gundham have hardly argued about anything in a particularly natural fashion, or have they?

Also, for someone who seems to want to take all possibilities into consideration, Sonia, you sure seemed quick to assume the first lack of a kill was also done by Doctor protection, even though we already know there was a Town Roleblocker in play that could've very well been the cause as well. Of course I can also imagine one reason as to why you might already *know* the kill was not prevented by roleblock...

And just to answer your concern, Yasuhiro has testified to being blocked on Nights 2 and 3 and he's as close to truly confirmed Town as you're gonna get. Your scenario of the Mafia roleblocker being blocked by the Town roleblocker would require him to be the Mafia roleblocker, would it not?

Also, for someone who seems to want to take all possibilities into consideration, Sonia, you sure seemed quick to assume the first lack of a kill was also done by Doctor protection, even though we already know there was a Town Roleblocker in play that could've very well been the cause as well. Of course I can also imagine one reason as to why you might already *know* the kill was not prevented by roleblock...
    Remind me where I stated that the first lack of a kill was due to a Doctor protection? If I did say that, it was probably before we learned that a roleblocker existed. I must admit I've never encountered one before in any of the other games I have played. What can I say? People assume things all the time.

If you do flip student, then obviously Gundham becomes a major suspect in my opinion, though I am still not totally convinced by Chiaki's roleclaim as a student Cop. Lying is always easiest when most of it is true.
    Also, is Sakura going to comment on anything today? I would like her input on Nekomaru and Gundham. I think Nekomaru is reaching though. You should never lead with your weakest argument.

I have had suspicions for awhile but I have never put it down on paper. This will change now:

[##Vote: Nekomaru]

Here's hoping.
    And in response to the assertions with Gundham, while I may not have directly argued with him, he is still absolutely on my radar, so I do not see where you are driving at with that one.