Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXX Game Thread - DESPAIR!!! At Hope's Peak Academy!

Here's a list of roles which mmmmmmmay or may not be in play! Who knows! I'm also not telling how many there are of each or which one is aligned with which side - I want you smart little prodigies you to figure it out on your own!

- Godfather - will always come up as Vanilla Hope's Peak Academy Student when killed
    - Goon - can kill at Nighttime
    - Roleblocker - can block another player's night action
    - Tracker - can determine who the player is targeting with their action, as well as who is targetting them. No specifics regarding what action is being performed, however
    - Vengeful Spirit - upon being lynched, they place a Grudge on one of the people who voted for them, ensuring that they will wake up dead in the morning!
    - Doctor - protects a player from being killed by Ultimate Despair
    - Cop - can determine a player's alignment and ability
    Here's the possible roles in play. They may not be there but this is what COULD be there.

It's still the game of Mafia. The same logic applies no matter where the game is being played, and "mountainous" is a Mafia term, it is not specific to any site any more than MyLo or LyLo.

I'm not trying to intimidate anyone with terminology, which is why I use spoilers when I need a term that I haven't seen here before, but if I can't discuss the game for fear of using a word that maybe someone hasn't used before, I can't exactly play Mafia.

I've never heard it used before and I've played this game for nearly a decade.... soo.....

Maybe instead of using whatever vernacular you've picked up somewhere, just explain it? Instead of saying "mountainous set up" and spoilering it, just say in a game with no power roles.

The meta commentary is unnecessary and distracting.

If you can't play the game without throwing out random terms instead of actually explaining yourself than yeah, this game wont go well for you.

[##Vote: Ibuki]

Might as well get this started.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HALFTIME

Well well well! Looks like things are finally heating up! Still, you guys'd better pick up the pace, or you'll be needing to bear with a very cranky... uh, bear, I guess!

To some up the firstborn 24 hours of our class trial!

• Teruteru Hanamura is the only one not to say hello yet and may be eliminated if he posts nothing within the upcoming 24 hours
    • You have 24 hours left to discuss
    • The only vote so far has been cast by Leon - he voted for Ibuki!

Votes so far:

Ibuki - 1 (Leon)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Oh dear, Ibuki did indeed post and I glanced right over it. I'm sorry Ibuki!

Like Ibuki, 3 other players all have one post so far: Yasuhiro, Nekomaru and Nagito.

We'll see if this trend continues.

Hey everyone! I hope you are hungry because I am making some delicious sausage for y'all!

Sorry about being late, things got heated in the kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leon View Post
    Like Ibuki, 3 other players all have one post so far: Yasuhiro, Nekomaru and Nagito.

I HAVE JUST BEEN REAL LIFE BUSY AND just CAUGHT UP on the THREAD! However there really hasn't been any tells I can see from anyone.

I will say I don't like the No Lynch option to me it feels like we are giving the mafia a free kill. That being said I don't see a clear vote from my end yet. I think everyone is playing rather cautiously.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nekomaru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leon View Post

I HAVE JUST BEEN REAL LIFE BUSY AND just CAUGHT UP on the THREAD! However there really hasn't been any tells I can see from anyone.
    Well thanks for clearing that up. I have precisely zero suspicion of you which I'm sure Byakuya would 100% agree that this is the case and you're 100% above board. I mean you're not the sort who would see suspicion in a whole lot of nothing would you? Or am I not meta enough for you?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Now that everyone is present and accounted for, what's the next step?

I, for one, am taking Mahiru's stance. I can't justify lynching anyone on the very first day, and never have in previous versions of this game. The risks for shooting ourselves in the foot simply outweigh the potential odds of eliminating a killer. I may retract or change it if something convinces me to within the remaining time, but until then:

[##Vote: No Lynch]

Vouldn't it make sense to target someone inactive instead of No Lynching since they vould die regardless?

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmph. Looks like everyone's accounted for. How... tragic.