Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXX Game Thread - DESPAIR!!! At Hope's Peak Academy!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

And you're going to explain Yasuhiro's quote in 3, 2, 1...?

Ignore that last post, hit post quick reply instead of go advanced, which is what I need to do if I want to use spaces in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yasuhiro View Post
    All I'm sayin' is that you stay quiet if you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you. If you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you, it's probably not for good reasons. Leon hasn't done anything besides try to lynch people with little to no explanation. That's not scumhunting, that's trying to make chaos.
    Exactly -- you keep quiet if you don't want someone to have a read on you. You don't barrel into a thread filled with nothing but roleplay and goofing off and ensure you're going to stand out in peoples' minds by swimming against the current and trying to find scum.

There's clear town motivation in Leon's actions, and no scum motivation at all--what scum would think it would be a great idea to get all eyes on them immediately? That's not a good way to fly under the radar.

Honestly, I don't find that argument terribly convincing. People act in all sorts of ways whether they're town or mafia. There's no set "mafia" way of posting.

Honestly, a lot of this can be read two ways.

A) "Leon is clearly Town. No Mafia would open themselves up to scrutiny so early!"

B) "Leon is clearly Mafia. No Town would be so quiet throughout the day and not back up his votes!"

Ultimately, it depends on which you weigh more, whether you find Leon's sheer inactivity to be suspicious, or his early vote. I still cannot overlook his the void that his is posting history. Though I cannot deny that his early vote did shake things up.

Someone else rather high on my list of suspicion is Ibuki. She has not done much of note all game. I am not convinced she is doing all she can to help Town. I want to hear her thoughts on the state of the trial, suspicious characters, things of that nature.

It seems my vote is going toward either Ibuki, Teruteru, or Leon. Ibuki and Teruteru for being completely silent and only just recently popping in without contributing anything useful, and Leon for the obvious reasons and the fact that he's still silent with all of this suspicion brewing around him. Again, I will decide around halftime.

Of course, Leon did vote for Ibuki, so unless it was a deliberate bluff, logic would indicate that Leon's guilt would signal Ibuki's innocence, and in turn, her guilt his innocence. We should keep that in mind.

Not convinced by that last paragraph. Mafia vote for each other all the time. Leon voting for Ibuki doesn't necessarily mean that either of them aren't mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sakura View Post
    Honestly, I don't find that argument terribly convincing. People act in all sorts of ways whether they're town or mafia. There's no set "mafia" way of posting.
    OK. I've explained how Leon's actions can be town-motivated.

ELI5, how can anything he's done, anything at all, have any scum motivation in it whatsoever? And don't say lurking, any scum benefit from lurking was demolished when he swam against the current with that vote.

Mafia often try to be unpredictable to try and throw off suspicion.

The numbers 3 & 4 are unstable when it comes to separating Town and Mafia. If everyone gives this a little thought it's clear Yasuhiro is talking out of their rear end.

##Vote: Yasuhiro

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Let's not forget that Godfather will pop up as Vanilla Townie upon death. Just something to keep in mind as people get lynched or killed by Ultimate Despair!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ibuki View Post
    The numbers 3 & 4 are unstable when it comes to separating Town and Mafia.
    Forgive me, but I cannot make hands or feet of this statement.

... wait, heads or fishtails. That's the foreign slang I was aiming towards. Phew, good thing I caught that one!

Oooh, with fishtails I could make a lovely stew! Assuming that that damn bear will let us eat now.

Vell vell vell, vhat have ve here?

Ibuki's vote for Yasuhiro is very strange indeed. Are you simply looking to avoid Monobear's punishment?

First things first, I'm glad a lot of you are coming out of the voodvork to generate discussion. I am vell and truly elated by your villingness to adapt to this little game. Perhaps you lot are not as slov as I thought. Ohoho~! I am indeed a rhymer!

As for Yasuhiro, as aggressive and strong-arming as he may be perceived, Byakuya is at the very least villing to generate discussion. That's hardly indicative of anything here or there.

Also my vote vill stay on Teruteru for the time being since he is still bothersome in his inactivity.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sakura View Post
    Mafia often try to be unpredictable to try and throw off suspicion.

brb going mad