Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Mafia XXX Discussion Thread

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had a great time being mafia for a change. I can't believe we ultimately won the way the end of that game was going (ps: if it weren't for that climax we lost so don't feel like you guys did poorly at all).

It was a pleasure to steal the title of ultimate lucky student though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

(Danganronpa 2 Spoilers)I would be willing to believe that Nagito actually wished for this outcome deep down and his luck made it happen =P

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

GG, guys! Good job, mafia!

I'm taking a perverse joy in watching Bleys agonize over my reasoning. What can I say? Everything you did the whole time felt suspicious. I wanted to vote on you day one, but I knew I couldn't get a bandwagon going with no reasoning, and I didn't want to get killed off early. I figured you guys would be fingering me for cop early on. So I waited until I knew we could get you lynched. My whole Leon debate with you was just to really make you more of a target the next day. You claiming cop was a perfect turn of events for me. Thanks!

Too bad FFNut was really confident Bleys was innocent. It really did screw us all.

EDIT: I was very close to investigating Celeste (Laddy) and Sonia (Formy) initially. I erased Sonia and put Kyoko (Kleiner Killer) because she kept mentioning me. Initially I found Sonia more suspicious. If I hadn't been so convinced Neko was mafia, I'd have been targeting her.

Seems I'm about as accurate as most fortune tellers seem to be!
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 05-01-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Great game guys, I had so much fun!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I'm taking a perverse joy in watching Bleys agonize over my reasoning.
    Your reasoning? There was one player who made a lick of sense to me up until the moment I copclaimed, and that was Leon. You (the plural you this time) didn't kill him, but only because you knew Fynn was going to do it for you. Like I said in the scum QT, none of that frustration was fake. I would have self-destructed as town, too.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

WOMP WOMP WOMP.

What a fun game! And yeah I totally knew Slothy wasn't town when he did the opposite of what he said he was going to do (troll bleys, sorry bleys it was gonna be fun. Everyone's crazy logic seemed to do it though ha) I was like "Yeah that seems fun! Let's do it!" and then he didn't and it was just me doing it. So then it was obvious to him who I was. So it was Slothy and Bleys as mafia in my mind after day one. THEN they wacked me before I could even work at that. Good call on that.

THIS IS WHY FRIENDS SHOULDN'T PLAY.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Friends don't let friends play mafia.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well played Town! Seriously without the Climax, Town would have won from simple process of elimination. I mentioned it several times that Town had effectively all confirmed each other. Without the Climax gamble, they would've won, so this was a really tight race.

Just to confirm that yes, I was Sonia, the Ultimate Despair Roleblocker. My main strategy was to just go with the flow and play how I would normally play, which worked I think, for the most part. I never really came under much heat. I let my Despair allies be more vocal and more experimental.

I really enjoyed the game. The special rules helped balance the game after the three student massacre at the end of Day Two.

Good game! Sorry I couldn't participate a bit more actively. I was Sakura, by the way.
    Last edited by Mr. Carnelian; 05-01-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Throughout the game at home Mr. Carny was like "I think you're Mafia" and then I had to put on this sad puppy look and feign hurt at him accusing me so.

To be fair, he was saying this since the first Day so part of it was probably in jest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My third game in a row of deliberately not making much of an impression ended in success. Yes! This game was super fun if very stressful and maddening!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Good game! Sorry I couldn't participate a bit more actively. I was Sakura, by the way.
    tbh if I hadn't copread you so hard D3 we probably would have won then and there because good luck making a case on me after I'd abandoned reason in favour of going for cheap laughs.

I count drawing the NK in Scruff's game as a victory, and you should feel the same about making me copread you.