Thread: Fishing/Angler

Blog Entries

Default Fishing/Angler

There are 100 types of fish. Gotta catch them all!

Going through the fishing natural quests are just the beginning. The main thing you want to beware of is the super fish out there. Pink Tailed Gar is the hardest in my opinion. However the saxham reservoir is pretty difficult as well. There is over 15 fish and each one takes a while to get. Be sure to have the best gear in the game by doing the fishing quest for tranquilityrod and battle arena for a reel.

Be sure to save if a fish you are trying to catch only come out in the day. How did you like fishing in this game? Have you caught all 100?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's an okay little distraction and there's certainly some nuance to it. But it's just something I did if I went past a fishing spot and thought "Oh sure, why not?" rather than something I set out to do.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I go out of my way to fish ha. And then waste too much time doing so. I haven't progressed too far in this game because of all the side quests and mini games

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not huge on it. I mostly use it to pass time when I'm waiting for a night hunt, or when I don't have enough time to complete a quest before it's time to camp.

I don't like time skipping, seems like I could be doing something more productive, so I improve the Fishing/Angler skill and get some food for cooking, I think?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I'm not huge on it. I mostly use it to pass time when I'm waiting for a night hunt, or when I don't have enough time to complete a quest before it's time to camp.

I don't like time skipping, seems like I could be doing something more productive, so I improve the Fishing/Angler skill and get some food for cooking, I think?
    Yeah there is a few recipes that can only be learned from fishing. I am currently at 88 fish caught. I still got a ways to go to catching all 100.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.