For some reason, these things seem pretty popular right now with a lot of people I know. Everything from Loot Crate to Owl Crate to subscriptions involving getting new perfumes or candles every month. I'm just curious if anyone here gets or has gotten any kind of subscription, what your thoughts are, and if you've gotten anything cool.

I've been doing some extensive research on one called video games monthly where you get retro games all the way up to ps2 every month and have considered it. I understand there's every chance I'd be over paying for games, but you can list what console and games you own, as well as make a wish list so they can cater the games you get more based on interests and they don't send you doubles of anything you already own. I think it could be a fun way to play games I'd never probably consider trying while also getting to open a surprise every month. My fiancé wants us to try it since she's gotten jealous of our dog getting cool stuff through Bark Box every month.