Thread: How often do you play your favorite games?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nom nom nom How often do you play your favorite games?

Are favorite games something you pull out monthly to help you unwind and experience their awesomeness over an over, or do you save these awesome games for a rainy day when you may need a pick me up or you're between new releases and don't have an absurdly large backlog due to Steam sales you forgot about?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Usually every few years

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It all depends, really, I mostly try to play new games since I aalso have a big backlog, but sometimes I get the mood to replay an old game. It's never anything regular though.

Other than "ongoing play" games like Dota, I rarely replay games anymore. Too many still waiting to be played. It takes a real all-time masterpiece for me to replay, and even then only if I've just gone through once, basically.

My top two favourite games are FFVII and TimeSplitters 2.

FFVII I go back to every few years, since it's one of those games you appreciate more after a break from it. TS2 I play at least once a month with my buddies, we're all fans and have created loads of excellent maps and set ups that help keep the game fresh even after playing it for 15 odd years.

Occassionally. Last year I played through Twilight Princess three times which I guess is just occassionally for my scales seeing how often I have played through Beyond Two Souls, Life is Strange and The Last of Us in a short time which where around 10 times or even more.

When I first played Fire Emblem 7, that was all I played for almost two years. I sadly haven't beaten it in almost six years. I go back to FF IV once in awhile, but lately I've had so many games to play, I don't really get around to playing my favorites often.

Not nearly enough. I have the weird compulsion that I don't deserve to enjoy old games I've already beaten when I've spent money on things I've barely touched. I need to get over that and just dive into enjoyment wherever it is. But I feel guilty >.< I miss Xenogears, Final Fantasy VII, Shining Force, Saints Row, and many other great games I won't allow myself enough time with

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Fairly often. Sometimes I will play old favorites to help put myself in a better mood or remind myself of a simpler time in my life. Other times the mood simply strikes me.