Thread: More JRPG Help!

Default More JRPG Help!

Well, I have another question for all you guys! Actually my sister is looking for a good solid JRPG (preferably not too expensive), for either the PS2 or the 360. Any suggestions would be very appreciated! Also thanks for all the good PSP RPG suggestions you guys gave me a bit ago too.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For all the heat it gets, FFX is actually very fun. X-2 as well. FFXII is also good and many people love that game and rank it near the top. It is a little different than your standard JRPGs from that period though so I could see some people turned off by it.

Persona 4 is also very good! I just played it myself.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, Digital Devil Saga - probably the most FF-like SMT to date. If you like it and you're up for something less standard, try Nocturne and the Raidou Kuzunoha games

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll second Persona 3 and 4 as really good RPGs for the PS2. FF and Kingdom Hearts are also usually pretty solid even if I can't agree about quality on a few of them. I will add Suikoden III and V as great character driven JRPGs of the time frame. Dragon Quest VIII is a slo a solid investment unless you feel she would prefer playing the enhanced 3DS version.

For the 360, I would say t check out Mistwalker's Blue Dragon (FFV Meets Dragon Ball) and Lost Odyssey, as they are usually highly recommended though I have not had the good fortune to play either, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndis Highwind View Post
    Well, I have another question for all you guys! Actually my sister is looking for a good solid JRPG (preferably not too expensive), for either the PS2 or the 360. Any suggestions would be very appreciated! Also thanks for all the good PSP RPG suggestions you guys gave me a bit ago too.
    Available on PS3 and XBox 360.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Dragon Quest VIII is good.

I have to agree with Persona 3: FES and Persona 4.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.