Thread: Disney Questionnaire thread

Default Disney Questionnaire thread

Just doing this for fun !

Question 1 #- What's your favourite Disney Movie and why?

Question 2 #- What is your least favourite Disney Movie and why?

Question 3 #- Did you grow up watching the old Mickey Mouse cartoons? ( eg Lonesome Ghosts ) If yes, do you still watch them today? Do you still think that they are still okay to watch today, due to times changing on values? ( eg Plane Crazy has Mickey Mouse force a kiss on Minnie, or he will crash the plane, and there's a cartoon where Donald Duck's young nephews buy cigs for his birthday ) Do you think these cartoons are okay for children today to watch?

Question 4 #- What do you think made the Disney Renaissance of the 90's work so strongly? Was it luck? The team at the time? Things like Jeffery Katzenberg's leadership? Howard Ashman's and Alan Menken's musical talents?

Question 5 #- What's your favourite Disney Princess and why?

Question 6 #- Do you think that the Disney Princesses are Bad Role Models? What Disney Princess do you think is the worst role model and why?

Question 7 # Some people think that the Disney Renaissance actually ended with The Lion King. Do you agree? Disagree ? Why ?

Question 8 # What do you think of the Disney Dark Age Movies? (The Aristocats, Robin Hood, The Rescuers, Dark Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company ) Have you even seen these films ???

Question 9 # Apart from Kingdom Hearts- what's your favourite Disney Video Game? Have you played any?

Question 10 # What's your opinion on the new Disney Live Action Remakes? Yaaaay or go away? You looking forward towards The Lion King and Aladdin? Did you go see Beauty and the Beast? Did you like it?

Thankyou !
    Last edited by maybee; 04-28-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Pirates of the Carribean, Star Wars VII and Kim Possible - So the Drama; classics: Lion King & Aladdin

The really old ones, actually. Not that they are bad or anything. Just not mine.

Question 3 #- Did you grow up watching the old Mickey Mouse cartoons? ( eg Lonesome Ghosts ) If yes, do you still watch them today? Do you still think that they are still okay to watch today, due to times changing on values? ( eg Plane Crazy has Mickey Mouse force a kiss on Minnie, or he will crash the plane, and there's a cartoon where Donald Duck's young nephews buy cigs for his birthday ) Do you think these cartoons are okay for children today to watch?

I did watch old cartoons, probably not the absolute original ones and if, then very rarely. I also did not watch newer ones all the time.

Question 4 #- What do you think made the Disney Renaissance of the 90's work so strongly? Was it luck? The team at the time? Things like Jeffery Katzenberg's leadership? Howard Ashman's and Alan Menken's musical talents?

It was the last push before everything went absolutely digital?

Jasmin. Just because of how she is. Interestingly enough the first movie makes her multi-facetted already. You might think "oh, a spoiled princess who does not even pay for an apple" and yet she is not arrogant enough to decide being together with Aladdin after she knows the truth. And that is not even my reason as my reason is more "general".

Question 6 #- Do you think that the Disney Princesses are Bad Role Models? What Disney Princess do you think is the worst role model and why?

Most of them are Dreamers with flaws. I guess that is not a bad role model. It is realistic.

Question 7 # Some people think that the Disney Renaissance actually ended with The Lion King. Do you agree? Disagree ? Why ?

No as even nowadays Disney brings out solid things that change lives. Kim Possible for example was in the first place a TV show and I consider it better than every movie Disney has ever made. By far, far, far, ..., far.

Question 8 # What do you think of the Disney Dark Age Movies? (The Aristocats, Robin Hood, The Rescuers, Dark Cauldron, Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company ) Have you even seen these films ???

Just like the others, I like some more, I like some less. Oliver was one of my more watched ones back in the day and I loved Aristocats as well.

Question 9 # Apart from Kingdom Hearts- what's your favourite Disney Video Game? Have you played any?

Uh, Aladdin for SNES?

Question 10 # What's your opinion on the new Disney Live Action Remakes? Yaaaay or go away? You looking forward towards The Lion King and Aladdin? Did you go see Beauty and the Beast? Did you like it?

I have yet to watch them. We will see.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Beauty and the Beast, I simply feel it has the best story, cast, and musical collection. Not to mention that the original fairy tale was always one of my favorites.

Probably Dumbo, sappy story, the two main characters feel like a redo of Pinocchio and Jimminy Cricket, and the plot was silly. I think the weird drunk dream sequence is probably the only memorable element of the film.

Yes I did watch them, and I still enjoy them. I also have no issue with kids watching them today despite social value changes because I feel it's important for people to know that values do in fact change and we should hold onto our history.

Probably a combination of factors really, the team at the time was good and trying to work off all of their misses from the 80s, new management pushed for better technology and trying to push the medium forward, and they found a good format. Course I feel luck also helped as they were the right films at the right time.

Either Belle, Jasmine, or Mulan because I feel they are all well rounded characters, good role models, and they all come from great films.

No, while I'm sure some people dislike the social value dissonance caused by a few of them, I often feel people focus too much on what is lacking and don;t bother to notice what they have as well. Cinderella is diligent and hard working, Snow White is kind and innocent, and Aurora is imaginative and pretty headstrong despite her story. There are different types of people with different strengths, weaknesses, and needs. Trying to make a value statement that "this is a more ideal way to be" is really no different than the clumsy and often sexist roles they are trying to move people away from. You're still ultimately forcing an ideal "way to be" on a person while also devaluing another mode of living.

No, while it was certainly the most commercially successful business wise, I feel several later films still held up. I feel Treasure Planet was the true end of the Disney Renaissance, because I feel it helped kill the interest in hand drawn animated films at the time.

I honestly like most of them, while the Black Cauldron is an iffy movie, I actually rank The Great Mouse Detective and Oliver and Company as soem of my favorite Disney films. Course it helps I grew up on them.

Any of Capcom's Disney Afternoon games, which conveniently just got released as a game pack for several consoles this week.

I honestly find them redundant, they are not bad, well except for Maleficent if you want to count that as Sleeping Beauty's remake, but that film is atrocious for being a Mary-Sue fanfic than an actual retelling of the fairy tale. I have not seen Beauty and Beast because it's my favorite film, and I doubt it could live up to my expectations. With all that said, I'm not against them being made because they do help introduce the stories to a new generation, but I honestly prefer animation over live-action stuff when it comes to these types of films.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I always loved the movie The Swiss Family Robinson. As a kid I would watch that and wish to live on an island with them.

There are a lot of bad Made for tween movies they have done and I think probably one of those will fit in this space.

every Saturday morning! Would wake up and watch them. I still enjoy them when they are on. I put them on YouTube for my niece and nephew all the time, they are funny. Makes them laugh.

The question really struck the answer. They had great stories, great original music, and they told a great story for kids while sneaking in some humour for adults too.

No clue. I was a Peter Pan/Aladdin guy.

Not at all. Most show that with a little bit of hard work and effort you can achieve your goals. It also shows that you don't have to be perfect and you will make mistakes along the way.

It was the top of the hill, but they had a few hits on the way back down. They are starting to climb up again now though n

I have seen seen them all thousands of times. The Rescuers is one of my favourite movies they have done. Robin Hood is near the top of the list too.

Duck Tales on the NES. It was a great side scroller with Scrooge McDuck on a pogo stick. Great fun!

Question 10 # What's your opinion on the new Disney Live Action Remakes? Yaaaay or go away? You looking forward towards The Lion King and Aladdin? Did you go see Beauty and the Beast? Did you like

I think it's great. There is definitely a market for it so I say make it. I never went to beauty and the beast but that was more RL stuff keeping me to busy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The Emperor's New Groove. It's my fave film of all time. It makes me laugh even after watching it about 20 times.

Nothing comes to mind.

Question 3 #- Did you grow up watching the old Mickey Mouse cartoons? ( eg Lonesome Ghosts ) If yes, do you still watch them today?
    I did not.
    Do you still think that they are still okay to watch today, due to times changing on values? ( eg Plane Crazy has Mickey Mouse force a kiss on Minnie, or he will crash the plane, and there's a cartoon where Donald Duck's young nephews buy cigs for his birthday ) Do you think these cartoons are okay for children today to watch?
    I mean I wouldn't show them off to kids I guess, but chances are they wouldn't want to watch the old stuff anyway.

I have no idea. Good movies? xD

Probably Princess Jasmine. She seems pretty cool and is able to hold her own.

Not really. I don't know, uh... maybe Sleeping Beauty. I mean people shouldn't aim to sleep their life away. >=P

I don't have an opinion on this matter.

They're alright. Well, the ones I've seen are.

Aladdin, probably. I've played The Lion King, too. And a few Duck Tales games when I was a kid, I think.

No strong opinion. I'll probably not see them, but you never know.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aladdin. It's a fun movie with a lot of great songs and magic and cool animal buddies and the Genie is one of my favorite characters.

Air Bud 2: Golden Receiver. No reason at all and I haven't even seen it. Just wanted to say the name.

Whoa, this is a multi-faceted question! I don't recall watching those super old Disney cartoons other than the original Princess trilogy. Some of that stuff does not sound OK at all! There's better stuff to watch, including more modern versions of the Disney characters so no reason to watch that stuff. Animation was kind of weird back then. Different era.

I'm sure it was a combination of all of those. I think the 90s were a magical era for kids to grow up in because media in general was really starting to focus on them. Games, TV, movies, books, I think there was a large shift in focus of all of those onto kids in the 1990s. Marketers probably saw a somewhat stabilizing world coming out of the Cold War meaning kids were starting to grow up in a world not dominated by war and fear and instead dominated by entertainment, and parents had the time and money to invest in these things for their children. A really great time to be a kid!

I may be biased by recent memory, but Moana sure seems like the total package. She's smart and talented but also flawed in that she may be getting in over her head, but she overcomes that and grows tremendously in the film. She also has something to prove to her parents but it's not the traditional daddy issues that has become a trope. She's also not a tomboy or a fluffy princess but a realistic in between. She also has magical water powers and great songs!

Oh, definitely Snow White is the worst. Literally the only thing that sets her apart are her looks. She basically cleans floors, gets lost, and foolishly accepts gifts from strangers. But it's ok, she's beautiful. Terrible role model! In general I think the more recent princesses are better role models like Mulan, Moana, Anna. Rapunzel too I guess. They are brave and independent while still being feminine.

I don't really care. These labels as to when something starts and ends are kid of silly. Lion King was just a peak because it was fantastic. But Pocahontas and Mulan came out after and they were both very good.

I saw some of them. They're OK. Kind of odd that these all star animals...

The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse for SNES. Just great platforming during the peak of 2D platformers.

I'm not really interested though I'll probably be forced to watch them with my kids at some point.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Aladdin, but I'm not sure why. I liked the music, the animation, the villain... but these also go for others like The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Hercules as well. Maybe it's Genie that puts it above the rest or the fact that I got into 1000 and 1 Nights because of it.

Probably Bambi. All other Disney movies that I can think of have something that stands out about it. Where as I can't remember much of anything about Bambi besides the mother dying. Pocahontas wasn't very thrilling either.

Question 3 #- Did you grow up watching the old Mickey Mouse cartoons?

Given the description of them, apparently not. I saw ones like Mickey and the Beanstalk, Christmas Carol, andThru the Mirror (old, but not controversial for today).

Question 4 #- What do you think made the Disney Renaissance of the 90's work so strongly?

A new generation discovering Disney and causing a surge of interest? I have no idea. The movies seemed catchier than the ones I saw when I was little, but maybe I was just older and could comprehend them better. I can say the same thing happened to me again when I got older and I appreciated the music better.

Is Mulan one? Mulan if she is because she's a competent warrior. Belle if she isn't because she's the only sense in a town full of crazy and cursed..

Question 6 #- Do you think that the Disney Princesses are Bad Role Models?

If I wanted to be nit-picky about it then yes, some of them would be. Snow and Aurora's whole character is needing to be rescued and Ariel is a brat that put her entire world in jeopardy because she couldn't have her way. Others like Jasmine, Mulan, and Belle (Stockholm syndrome jokes aside) are stronger characters more suited to look up to.

Disagree. I loved Mulan and Hercules and Emperor's New Groove wasn't bad either. Many people love Hunchback and Atlantis, two I have yet to see. And while you may or may not consider Pixar as true Disney they really took off with Toy Story.

Question 8 # What do you think of the Disney Dark Age Movies?

That was a dark age? Of the movies listed I only saw Robin Hood and The Great Mouse Detective, but they were great movies. I see good things said about Dark Cauldron. I only saw parts of the first Rescuers and it seemed alright, too.

Darkwing Duck (GB), The Lion King, Aladdin (Genesis, SNES, AND Game Gear) are my favorites. DuckTales, Epic Mickey (kind of), and Jungle Book were also fun.

Question 10 # What's your opinion on the new Disney Live Action Remakes?

Neutral. I have The Jungle Book in my instant queue to watch sometime and I'll certainly check out Beauty and the Beast since it was one of my favorites. Of course I'll want to see Aladdin, but not much besides Star Wars can get me in a theater these days. That'll wait.

*The typos can live today. I'm too hot and lazy to proof read this whole thing right now.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Just doing this for fun !

Straight-up Disney, it'd have to be Alice in Wonderland. Pixar Disney, Up. Marvel, Captain America: Winter Soldier, & Lucasfilms, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Yes. If I had the chance, I guess I'd still watch them. I'd be ok w/ kids seeing them.

I think it was the fact that they made great movies.

Brave, because she's great. BTW, I know her name isn't Brave, but I'm sticking w/ it.

I know she isn't technically a Disney Princess, but I'm very sure Alice dropped Acid.

That's a ridiculous idea. They're still killing it today & haven't stopped.

Robin Hood is one of my favorites.

The NES Capcom games are my favorites, in particular Ducktales.

Thankyou !