Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jade View Post
    ... Interesting. So in all likelihood, it was some other means of roles canceling each other out, which makes this whole thing far more complicated.

Luckily for all of you, I like complicated things.
    Well, all we've really ruled out here is that two inept killers didn't knock themselves out trying to sneak through the same window last night. And without Karol here I don't think we have two people incompetent enough to manage that anyway, so it was never a serious consideration.

This skit reveals a bit to us. The cancelling thing I'm curious about though. If two roles cancelled each other out, I wonder what those two roles are.

Colors green is town, red is mafia, yellow is passive, purple is third party.

Bodyguard - Will protect someone else from night kills at the expense of their own life. Cannot be night killed if targeted directly.
    Lyncher - Will be assigned a player they need to convince other players to lynch. If they succeed they win no matter which faction wins, but if their target is night killed or lynched without them also voting to lynch that person, they become a vanilla townie.
    Roleblocker - Blocks a person's ability and/or role at night.
    Jailkeeper - Prevents a person from being night killed but also prevents them from using their role or ability.
    Survivor - Must survive until the end of the game to win. They win with either faction.
    Watcher - They will be informed of the name of the player(s) of anyone who targets their chosen player during the night.
    Tracker - They will be told the name of the player that their chosen player targets during the night.
    Doctor - They will protect another player from a night kill.
    Cop - This player can select another player at night and will be told whether they are town, mafia, or other.
    Supersaint - If this player is killed, they will also kill the player whom cast the last vote on them.
    Miller - This player is a townie who will investigate as Mafia to the cop.
    Ascetic - This player is immune to all night actions EXCEPT for night kills.
    Bulletproof - This player cannot be night killed.
    Enabler - If this player is killed, another player will lose an ability or role.
    Godfather - This player is mafia that will investigate as Town to the cop.
    Roleblocker - This player can prevent their target from performing their role/ability at night.

Okay so some of these roles could be mafia or town. We need to consider that. Godfather is the only confirmed mafia role. Roleblocker is also on there twice? Doctor would be confirmed town but Jailkeeper could possibly be a mafia role? The wording says "prevents night killed" though i'm assuming town. I just marked it both just in case cause i could possibly see that happening? I guess?

If we didn't have a kill go through and there's either a doc or a jailkeeper than that almost confirms to me that someone stopped the night kill. Unless there's so other variant i'm not thinking of which with a role heavy game like this, that could be it.

hmm i'll have to think about this more

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Raven View Post
    It is the first thing that came to my head when I read the skit. Just because Mafia can communicate doesn't mean they may not mess up. It can happen people get busy IRL and then feel pushed and just act. Could be the scenario here too.
    That would just be entirely too convenient for town. The Mafia doesn't talk to each other so they mess up and do the same thing? What a strange idea to think of. I mean the idea of a roleblocker blocking a mafia or jailkeeper keeping a mafia from doing anything or a doctor getting a protection off. Like I get all those things theories. But THAT was the first thing that came to mind? Was that the mafia are fighting each other? Unless we're dealing with duel mafias, mafia infighting on night one seems like a reach. So this is a strange thing you came to...

I am just trying to get it all out there. The more we can scratch off the list of what happened the closer we get to singling in on what happened and it may lead us to a mafia. Information is the only weapon us Town have to really put the fight to them.

Interesting. Let's see how mine goes. ##Skit: Activate

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here is your skit Mikleo!

I may have a bit more info I can share with you guys. It seems that if we lynch our enabler...

...We might lose our team's bulletproof ability.

Wow, that's a shot in the dark for mafia. Seems like we're making it pretty tough on them, guys!

I wouldn't celebrate too early though. Turns out that there's a bit of a failsafe in place and if mafia fail their nightkill 3 times in a row....

One of us might just turn traitor, ahahaha!

Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 05-14-2017 at 01:24 AM.

I suppose it's only fair for me to inform you all that I cannot be too active during this day phase as I have certain errands I must take care of. So let me just get some things out of the way:

• The skit revelations have shown us that this is no regular game; anything can happen so we should be extra careful
    • At the same time, the rules revealed kind of necessitate that we work fast; we got lucky this time, but if someone such as the Enabler die, we become pretty crippled. We should act while we're at full strength.
    • ##vote: Velvet
    • Not to be petty, but to the very end of the day she's completely refused to answer my question and basically only pointed the finger at me after I asked. I don't buy the innocent she's putting up today. She hasn't contributed at all despite trying to look like she did. Unless she can redeem herself today, I remain fairly sceptical of any good will on her part

Wow, these skits are awesome. So scum definitely tried to kill someone but was thwarted, there's only either a Jailkeeper or a Doc in the game and two roles cancelled each other out last night. Plus, we have an Enabler and a Bulletproof, but the Enabler is enabling the Bulletproof so the latter turns vanilla if the Enabler is killed. And also Mafia apparently get a new team member if they fail their night kills three times in a row. Maybe they already knew of that rule and had their own kill fail on purpose? That would be quite the sneaky play.

Anise, how come you put Roleblocker as a Town only role in your list? Why wouldn't it be a potential Mafia side role?

Blog Entries

NOT ON MY WATCH!

If mafia is caught trying to cheat the system, they won't get their ally if they need it!

Kohaku don't put up with none of that!

Unless someone already stated it and I missed it, everyone is assuming the two people negating each other's abilities had something to do with the night kill being prevented.

It could be a scenario where a Roleblocker targeted the Jailkeeper while the Jailkeeper tried to target that same Roleblocker. They'd effectively cancel each other out.

Then in a completely unrelated situation, mafia had the bad luck of targeting the Bulletproof player, or the Bodyguard, and it didn't go through because of that.

I'm not saying that's absolutely what happened, but it is a possible scenario. With all these roles, it's like I said before,

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pascal View Post

On top of the good guys having the number advantage, these roles make the odds of mafia hitting a target even harder.

Bodyguard - Will protect someone else from night kills at the expense of their own life. Cannot be night killed if targeted directly.
    Doctor - They will protect another player from a night kill.
    Supersaint - If this player is killed, they will also kill the player whom cast the last vote on them.
    Bulletproof - This player cannot be night killed.

Yes, they may not all be in play, but since we all know that none of us are vanilla townies we can assume a lot of these are probably active. They all have the ability to stop mafia and/or mess up who they're trying to target.
    So since it obviously doesn't make sense for either Bodyguard or Bulletproof to be mafia since they're both abilities that negate night kills, and mafia doesn't need to worry about being night killed, then the scenario I mentioned is actually a strong possibility.

Now the problem is we're basically starting back at day one all over again. It's great we all made it, but we're no closer to figuring out who mafia is. The first time I voted no lynch, but we can't just keep voting no lynch. Especially if mafia can get an extra person out of it. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lloyd View Post

Anise, how come you put Roleblocker as a Town only role in your list? Why wouldn't it be a potential Mafia side role?
    I didn't actually! Roleblocker is on the list twice for some reason. So on the top I marked that one red and on the bottom I marked that one green.

I don't know if that was an accident to list both or that means there are two roleblockers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Anise View Post
    I don't know if that was an accident to list both or that means there are two roleblockers!
    Maybe I did it on purpose, maybe it was to throw you guys off, or maybe I'm just incompetent!

I guess we'll never know~

Ohh now I see it. My bad.

Here's my summary from Day 1:

Anise
    - Seems to defend Eizen against Velvet’s vote
    - Voted No Lynch

Colette
    - Says that Lloyd is “already in trouble”
    - Voted Anise -> Unvoted

Eizen
    - Questions why Velvet voted Lloyd
    - Acts somewhat defensive in response to Velvet’s questioning
    - Finds it interesting that Velvet singled out Lloyd in particular
    - Advocates for a lynch as opposed to no lynch
    - Suggests that mafia can be indistinguishable from town, so they can be scumhunting as well

Elize
    - Suggests using skits after Night Phases
    - Also suggests there are two roleblockers or two doctors
    - Speculates that there are 3-4 mafia
    - Asks Velvet about the Skits
    - Voted Rita -> Unvoted -> Voted Jade

Jade
    - Voted for Rita -> Unvoted -> Voted No Lynch
    - His vote was the 4th placed on her

Lloyd
    - Voted Rowen -> Unvoted
    - Put a significant amount of pressure on Rowen, but ultimately did not vote for him

Mikleo
    - Voted No Lynch

Pascal
    - Voted Rita -> Unvoted -> Voted No Lynch
    - Third vote on Rita, which appeared to be a bandwagon vote. Reason given was because she was “quiet”
    - Activates her Skit

Raven
    - Voted for Rowan
    - Assumed Rowan was jumping on the opportunity to vote Rita instead of hunting scum himself.
    - Townreads: Lloyd, Velvet, Eizen, Elize
    - Scumreads: Rowan, Jade, Colette, Pascal
    - Unknown: Anise, Rita, Mikleo

Rita
    - Votes No Lynch
    - Does not want town to roleclaim, but suggests it is the best way to fish out scum

Rowen
    - Dismisses Velvet’s suggestion of an Eizen-Lloyd scumteam
    - Votes for Rita -> Unvotes -> Voted No Lynch -> Unvoted
    - Says that he is not mafia

Velvet
    - Voted Lloyd -> Eizen
    - Questions why Eizen would think she voted Lloyd out of necessity, asks why she should have a reason to vote Lloyd

Skits:
    - Some players hold an active and a passive role

Early townreads so far:
    Eizen, Elize, Raven, Rowen?

Eizen - Seems willing to ask questions and scumhunt even if they may be misguided.
    Elize - Putting in a lot of effort with regards to talking to multiple players and analyzing the role list.
    Raven - While I'm confused at how he concludes that there were two killing roles who targeted each other (which could end up being a slip that he is one of them), and he seemed to give up his role at the slightest bit of pressure, I have him as slightly townie.
    Rowen - Not as sure about him as the others, but I'm getting a definite townvibe from him.

My biggest scumread is Mikleo. He's laying far too low in this game, and managed to escape any pressure in Day 1. Rita nearly got lynched for not posting, when he has been on absolute radio silence.

##Unvote: Raven
    ##Vote: Mikleo

This just keeps getting more and more complex.

I'm not ready to cast a vote yet, but currently, I'm rather suspicious of Raven and Collette. The former has posted quite a bit without really saying much of substance, and Collette has barely posted at all. Both could be completely innocuous, of course, but both could also be potential suspects. And I may end up agreeing with Velvet about Mikleo's suspicious nature, but I need to chart out how all of this new information could possibly fit into our preconceptions before I make any rash judgements.