Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

Funny you are suspicious of me Jade as you are top on my list. However the second skit did give us even more information. Once I am off work I will study it up on everything again and post new thoughts.

[##vote: Raven]

Right now Raven is by far most suspicious to me. Not only have they not really said anything substantial all game, their conclusions are so out there that I can scarcely believe they get to them at all, let alone first. Velvet is on my radar as well for saying a lot without really saying anything. Just some comments on getting this or that vibe from people without any real detail as to why and recapping general events with zero context and no real analysis on their part. Not enough to convince me at this early stage but I'm keeping my eye on them.

And sorry again about being so busy killing monsters for some extra gold everyone. I may not be able to be as active as some others, but a persons gotta eat if they're going to hunt for mafia. And I do like hunting for mafia.

##Vote: Colette

She just went to throw two people under the bus for not giving any information, yet she has given nothing.

Hey guys sorry monster hunting.

Well I am scum hunting and you just pulled a scum ploy. Gave no information just got air to throw a vote, then disappeared. If she had read the whole thread she would have seen me try to open talks and I have been open with everything so far. She has kept thing hidden.

Even reading the whole thread it's very easy to see how your posts are a bit random. I don't think it's scummy to find you suspicious. To be quiet honest, if someone didn't find your behavior strange, i'd be a little worried.

I do agree that Colette has been laying low a bit without saying much at all. So it is strange she just popped in with a vote and popped out. Mikleo also popped in to activate their skit but that was it. No reaction to their skit.

Also our dual personality Elize has been quiet. I'd like some of these more absent people to chime in a bit before I start point a finger right at anyone.

We're almost halfway through the "day" (about 24 hrs now). The fact that so many have been quiet is weird.

Voting, explaining my reasoning, then waiting for others to respond because I've said my piece is "popping out" now? You people are very strange.

As for not being able to pop in as much as I'd like, some of us have things like jobs and other responsibilities and can have trouble finding the time to get caught up on everything before commenting. And it would be silly to not get caught up before commenting. Silly people.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

30 minutes until halftime! I'll start it now since I'll be eating dinner. Majority lunches can now happen and I will post a voting update later on tonight.

Better get lynching guys, unless you plan to just let mafia pick you guys off at night

I was going to go back and pull all your posts colette and be all "well you only made x" amount of posts but you seem to have made more than I realized! good job on flying under my radar. You've been fairly active this past 24 hrs and I take back my "you popping in" comment. You've been here mostly.

You know, something occurred to me while watching these skits; they really do have very valuable information, and they only get more valuable as the game goes on and more events have taken place that they can put into context. These should swing the odds in the favor of town as it gives them more clues to find the minority group - namely the Mafia.

With this reasoning, we can conclude that every skit that plays is likely to be detrimental to the Mafia; the later in the game it is played, the greater the detriment. So mafia are likely to be reluctant to activate their skit, and simultaneously anyone who doesn't spend their's before the night phase is more likely target.

In short, I'm considering using my skit, but I want to think about it for a while.
    Last edited by [M] Mike - Funny Dad; 05-11-2017 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Even a genius makes spelling mistakes

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Apologies for my silence. I've been pondering the best strategy to take in light of recent developments.

I currently believe that Velvet might be mafia. Having fought in mafia campaigns many times, sometimes as a mafia myself, I recognise a strategy often deployed by mafia members to allay suspicion: the itemised list. This might seem a flimsy reason for suspicion, but it is based on experience. The itemised list which appears to weigh the different participants objectively, whilst in fact leading the reader to suspect particular individuals, is a perfect tool for a mafia member to spread suspicion against multiple characters without being seen to directly target them.

Of course, I would be quite happy to be mistaken. For now, it is merely a hunch. Nothing can be certain at this early stage of the campaign.

[##Vote: Velvet]

My thinking was actually the opposite Rita. I agree that the skits will probably be detrimental to mafia, and more detrimental the later in the game they happen. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but if mafia were to assume the same thing I'd actually expect them to use them early. Perhaps not day one or two early because of how little information we'd otherwise have but soonish? I'm not saying your wrong or anything. They may choose to hold most of theirs back to avoid giving much away but use one or two to avoid all of them looking suspicious. I can see the merit in your reasoning as well as mine though. I'm not sure there's a right way to view things in that regard and it just depends on which strategy mafia goes for.

I agree Rowen, that's part of what made me suspicious of Velvet. I've seen that move pulled by mafia before. I've even been fooled by it before. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on something or other.

I don't consider it completely damning on it's own, but it sent up the red flags in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Colette View Post
    [##vote: Raven]

Right now Raven is by far most suspicious to me. Not only have they not really said anything substantial all game, their conclusions are so out there that I can scarcely believe they get to them at all, let alone first. Velvet is on my radar as well for saying a lot without really saying anything. Just some comments on getting this or that vibe from people without any real detail as to why and recapping general events with zero context and no real analysis on their part. Not enough to convince me at this early stage but I'm keeping my eye on them.

And sorry again about being so busy killing monsters for some extra gold everyone. I may not be able to be as active as some others, but a persons gotta eat if they're going to hunt for mafia. And I do like hunting for mafia.
    Before you criticize someone, make sure you aren't doing the very things you're criticizing them for.

You criticize Raven for not saying anything substantial, but your Day 1 "performance" was nonexistent. You criticize me for "not analyzing" but you haven't analyzed anything all game. You criticize me for "recapping general events" when you haven't done anything near as productive or pro-town all game.

Not only is what you're saying not true (coming up with townreads of players based off of the summary I created IS analysis), but you're also a complete hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Anise View Post
    Even reading the whole thread it's very easy to see how your posts are a bit random. I don't think it's scummy to find you suspicious. To be quiet honest, if someone didn't find your behavior strange, i'd be a little worried.

I do agree that Colette has been laying low a bit without saying much at all. So it is strange she just popped in with a vote and popped out. Mikleo also popped in to activate their skit but that was it. No reaction to their skit.
    The only thing that immediately struck me as odd is Raven's conclusion to the events that transpired last night.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rowen View Post
    I currently believe that Velvet might be mafia. Having fought in mafia campaigns many times, sometimes as a mafia myself, I recognise a strategy often deployed by mafia members to allay suspicion: the itemised list. This might seem a flimsy reason for suspicion, but it is based on experience. The itemised list which appears to weigh the different participants objectively, whilst in fact leading the reader to suspect particular individuals, is a perfect tool for a mafia member to spread suspicion against multiple characters without being seen to directly target them.

Of course, I would be quite happy to be mistaken. For now, it is merely a hunch. Nothing can be certain at this early stage of the campaign.

[##Vote: Velvet]
    Creating a summary of events, which benefits all players, as well as forming my own independent reads from said list, is scummy.

Okay then.

Quite a few players still have yet to post anything in Day 2 so far. Maybe the mafia gave up when their kill didn't go through.

Velvet did just sum up my personal thoughts perfectly. Really I am trying to think of ways that scum may act and share them. So far all I see from Colette is a point of the finger with no real work. So when Elize shared what roles may be action and which may be passive was that a scum move? Or how about when Anize guessed which role was mafia, which could be both, and which may be Town? If you wish to point a finger at lists, you can't omit half of the lists made. It shows you really only plan on trying to get a lynch and don't care for the town.

The argument that people who make a list are scum, is kinda of a weak argument and a ploy I have seen mafia use.