Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

Well, unless someone is going to counter-claim Colette, her admission fits in with what I was thinking already. I didn't see her and Eizen as scummy or Velvet and Raven as scummy. Just some townies arguing with each other while mafia lays low.

It also fits in with my theory that the two roles that blocked each other were unrelated to the mafia's blocked night kill.

Colette says she targeted Lloyd and was blocked. So we can assume he's the (only) Roleblocker according to the information in the skit.

There's a chance LLoyd is a good aligned role-blocker, but I don't think so. I'm sticking with my Lloyd vote. This only serves to deepen my suspicion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jade View Post
    Even though there has been a slight boost in activity since last I checked in, it's still abnormally quiet for the second half of the second day. It makes one ponder the possibilities. Who has their own schemes up their sleeve that they aren't sharing with the rest of us? How many of you could potentially be Mafia, and simply chattering amongst yourselves in the shadows? Hm.

With the ever-increasing complications our skits are revealing, it's difficult to say for certain whom I most want in the noose. I am still suspicious of Raven and Colette, but I'll let those lines of questioning drop for the time being since they're based more on my (almost always correct) gut instinct than solid leads. Colette seems more willing to engage now, and Raven, I admit, is more than likely just an enthusiastic fool. I have perhaps a few more queries tumbling around, but until someone dies or something else profoundly important happens, we're stuck with just that: baseless queries unsupported by concrete evidence and unfit for experimentation at present. In other words, the enemy of the scientific mind. I would almost be tempted to use my skit right now, but I feel we ought not to blow them all away right out of the gate.

So that leaves the question of... Mikleo. A few of you have pointed fingers at him thus far, and I can't say I disagree with your reasoning, much as I would love to file it away as bandwagon voting by a small crowd of paranoid animals. His pattern of popping into discussions without saying anything of use is setting off some alarms, but really, I simply lack other targets. It's frustrating to be two days into this charade and have only the faintest ideas of who could be guilty. So in the interest of pursuing my only real lead and getting this moving along to a potentially more interesting progress point:

##Vote: Mikleo

Feel free to make yourself known and try to convince me to spare you, young man. Otherwise, I'll be smiling in the crowd as you're dragged up to the noose.
    This post 100% makes me feel uneasy.

If you lack "other targets" then go find some. If you only have the faintest idea of who could be guilty, try to make your picture clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Colette View Post
    - The most Raven has done for much of the game is make claims and outlandish assumptions which are so far removed from what is actually possible and likely that he's contributed little of substance. Anyone can see that. Throwing out theories which make no sense and aren't even possible, let alone likely, isn't helpful.
    1. How do you know some of his theories aren't possible?

2. The "little of substance" he's contributed is far more than you have.

- I wasn't non-existant day one. I participated and shared my thoughts as much as several other people did. Sorry if it wasn't enough participation for you since some of us work for a living but considering we had nothing to go on day one analysis was limited from everyone so claiming I contributed less than anyone else when no one had anything real to grab hold of is a flat out lie.
    Yes, you were non-existent on Day 1.

The only thing noteworthy of your D1 performance was a vote for Anise, which was withdrawn and not applied to anyone else in the game.

This strikes me as overly defensive.

- I've actually analyzed more than you have. I've come out and said my reads on Raven and on you outright and I tied it to the actual behaviour that makes me suspicious of you both. I'm actually scum hunting and backing up my opinions directly. You presented a list of some actions for everyone, then proceeded to mostly say you think four people are town without ever actually tying your analysis to anything they did or that you recapped directly with the possible exception of Elize, but even scum would have a hard time downplaying their analysis of the role list. If all your going on is gut feelings then fill your boots friend but you never actually justified your reads in any way by explaining your thought process. I'm not a mind reader so when I see someone say "these people read town to me" and leave it at that, that's not analysis. Any notions running through your head about them were not shared in any meaningful detail and don't try to pretend otherwise.
    No, you haven't.

I've provided town reads on 4 players, a scumread on 1 player, a full summary list, with conclusions drawn from said summary. You've got 2 scumreads, and you're dead wrong about at least one of them. Congrats.

- unlike you, my own analysis and explanation of who I suspect and the detailed reasons why is obviously pro town. I want to share my thoughts and have them out there so others can read them, think on them, and offer critique or alternate takes on what I'm thinking. You have not opened up your opinions to such criticisms and that's pretty clearly anti-town behaviour.
    How have I not opened up my opinions to criticism?

Had you ever in any way referenced the actions listed in your summary when explaining your town reads I'd probably agree with you. Instead you have a post of actions and a post for your reads with nothing to connect them.
    That's because the list is independent from my own reads. My reads are based off of the context of the specific posts. The summary is more for my own personal use to try and pinpoint anything noteworthy.

When you don't use it to actually justify your reads? Yeah, pretty scummy. Not gonna lie.
    No, it's not scummy. Not gonna lie.

I'm honestly content to let myself get lynched just to prove Colette wrong. But that wouldn't be a good town move, since I don't know whether her extremely defensive posts are townie or scummy.

On the one hand you could say she's scum for being overly defensive at the slightest bit of pressure, but the fact that she's trying to apply pressure is indicative of town.

So far, my read of Colette is in the grey-area. There are bigger targets that I'd like to lynch right now.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pascal View Post
    Well, unless someone is going to counter-claim Colette, her admission fits in with what I was thinking already. I didn't see her and Eizen as scummy or Velvet and Raven as scummy. Just some townies arguing with each other while mafia lays low.

It also fits in with my theory that the two roles that blocked each other were unrelated to the mafia's blocked night kill.

Colette says she targeted Lloyd and was blocked. So we can assume he's the (only) Roleblocker according to the information in the skit.

There's a chance LLoyd is a good aligned role-blocker, but I don't think so. I'm sticking with my Lloyd vote. This only serves to deepen my suspicion of him.
    Oh, Colette is claiming Jailor?

Well since there could only be either one Jailor or one Doctor, she's most likely clear. Don't really agree with revealing right now, but it is what it is.

My general thinking with being outed was that lloyd is mafia role blocker and would figure from the skits that they were blocked and probably by mail keeper and use the same info I did to realize it's me.

As for if I'd stayed quiet, maybe I didn't make it as obvious as I thought and was just being paranoid about them figuring it out from the things I've said, but it seemed pretty likely they knew anyway the same way I knew lloyd was time blocker so no sense dying with what little I know and my skit kept to myself.

Just want to clarify that I responded to the first few posts that caught my eye, and intended to respond to the rest of the thread in a separate post. My read of Colette will naturally change if no one counter-claims her.

Hmm, the autocorrect on my phone really doesn't like the word role

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Colette View Post
    My general thinking with being outed was that lloyd is mafia role blocker and would figure from the skits that they were blocked and probably by mail keeper and use the same info I did to realize it's me.

As for if I'd stayed quiet, maybe I didn't make it as obvious as I thought and was just being paranoid about them figuring it out from the things I've said, but it seemed pretty likely they knew anyway the same way I knew lloyd was time blocker so no sense dying with what little I know and my skit kept to myself.
    Should a Jailor and Roleblocker target each other, how does a Night Kill fail to go through?

In regular Mafia games, Roleblockers and Jailors can prevent kills. The mafia would have to agree on the target and select a player to perform the killing. It's possible that the Jailor's target was the member of the mafia selected to perform the killing, but how likely even is that?

I honestly would think they targeted someone immune. Might be unlikely normally, but I was blocked and no one died so it's that or they didn't night kill. I can't see them passing on a kill so I'd say the unlikely happened.

Wow, everyone's so suspicious now!

First, Colette thinks Lloyd is Mafia. Not just any old Mafia, but a Roleblocker... and then votes for Velvet? What the hell kind of sense is that? Second, Raven is surrounded by cute young women but has made barely any inappropriate remarks. In fact he's acting way less suspicious in general than his usual gross self. So that kinda makes me distrust him. I mean, I always distrust Raven, but it's in a different way this time.

I wanna hear what Lloyd has to say. Colette's story doesn't smell right, and I wanna get to the bottom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet
    Should a Jailor and Roleblocker target each other, how does a Night Kill fail to go through?
    We also know from the skits that someone is bulletproof. I expect they were the murder target. There's also a good chance they'll be roleblocked and killed tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rita View Post
    Wow, everyone's so suspicious now!

First, Colette thinks Lloyd is Mafia. Not just any old Mafia, but a Roleblocker... and then votes for Velvet? What the hell kind of sense is that? Second, Raven is surrounded by cute young women but has made barely any inappropriate remarks. In fact he's acting way less suspicious in general than his usual gross self. So that kinda makes me distrust him. I mean, I always distrust Raven, but it's in a different way this time.

I wanna hear what Lloyd has to say. Colette's story doesn't smell right, and I wanna get to the bottom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet
    We also know from the skits that someone is bulletproof. I expect they were the murder target. There's also a good chance they'll be roleblocked and killed tonight.
    In that case, I think it's more likely that the Mafia targeted the Bulletproof target.

I voted Velvet because I'm getting a strong scum read from them and since I expect to be dead tonight going after someone I've confirmed to be mafia who is just the role blocker isn't that important to me.

And unless I'm mistaken, even if I am night killed my ability should still go off anyway shouldn't it? I suppose that's a question for the host. Will my night action still happen if I'm night killed? And if I'm not night killed I've still effectively removed their role blocker to protect the other roles who can sniff out info if that's how we want to play things.

I'm more than happy to switch my vote to Lloyd if people just want to go after the most likely scum simply to confirm a kill, but I think the other mafia are more dangerous right now. Usually the role blocker can't night kill and he can't block as long as I'm alive now.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actions will still go through even if someone is killed that night. We'll call it their dying coup-de-grâce

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rita View Post

Um, but a Bulletproof role is passive - and Roleblockers cannot prevent passive abilities from functioning. Therefore, whoever is bulletproof is... well, bulletproof, and cannot be night-killed.

I was wondering whether the bulletproof passive would be x-shot (probably 1 or 2 shot), but with the enabler, I'm thinking it is more likely they are fully bulletproof until the enabler has been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kohaku View Post
    Actions will still go through even if someone is killed that night. We'll call it their dying coup-de-grâce
    Also that makes sense - according to Milla's books, night-kills are usually resolved at the very end.

Of course, if a Cop gets an investigation result and are night-killed, that won't really be helpful to anybody...