Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3131718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

I also targeted Lloyd in Night 2.

He was targeted by Colette and Pascal.

Lastly, I watched Jade on Night 1. No one targeted him.

Thanks for trusting me on the lynch yesterday. I stated Lloyd was scum and intentionally laid low in hopes that the mafia wouldn't immediately assume I was a cop or a watcher. I didn't want to give them any leverage or any grounds to night kill me.

I went for a person I thought was going to get killed (Eizen), and sure enough his death lead me to the scum (Jade).

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HALFTIME

A majority vote can happen after this point. 5 votes are needed for a majority lynch. You have 24 hours left before the night phase.

Votes so far:
    Jade - 4 (Elize, Velvet, Raven, Pascal)
    Raven - 1 (Rita)
    Velvet - 1 (Jade)
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 05-17-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Velvet View Post
    I also targeted Lloyd in Night 2.

He was targeted by Colette and Pascal.
    Sigh

This adds up pretty well. I am the survivor/bodyguard. I thought it would be nice to try and help town since mafia always wins these things.

I wasn't ready for a reveal because town will look at me as a baddy even though I'm Pascal, and wouldn't throw town under the bus like that. I was hoping to get two confirmed mafia under my belt so you'd all believe me.

When I couldn't get town to vote Lloyd, I put my money where my mouth is. I figured since it was glaringly clear he was mafia to me, then obviously guarding him was safe for me since they wouldn't night kill their own.

Last night I guarded Rowen because I wasn't sure between Jade and Rowen who was mafia. I literally flipped a coin to choose.

I plan to guard Jade tonight if he somehow doesn't get lynched.

If he does get lynched then I have to roll the dice on who I'm guarding. I want to help town out, but I don't wanna die in the process.

Looks like Velvet is our watcher, which adds up with Eizen's vote not being against the miller.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Kohaku, I do not believe that I have yet voted. Perhaps you meant that Raven has voted for Jade?

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes I apologize. It is fixed and thank you for letting me know!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pascal View Post
    Can I ask you to explain why you wish to guard Jade, particularly as a number of people believe that he is mafia?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rowen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pascal View Post
    Can I ask you to explain why you wish to guard Jade, particularly as a number of people believe that he is mafia?
    I means what it says. Read the rest of my post again.

Just like I did with Lloyd, I'm trying to help out town but I don't want to die. If I see mafia, I'm calling them out because I'm trying to help town. If town doesn't vote to lynch them, and I think they're still mafia, then I protect them during the night because I know they won't get targeted for a night kill and I'll be safe. Make sense?

EDIT: Here, I pulled out the specific part again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    When I couldn't get town to vote Lloyd, I put my money where my mouth is. I figured since it was glaringly clear he was mafia to me, then obviously guarding him was safe for me since they wouldn't night kill their own.

Basically Rowen (assuming Pascal is telling the truth: given her helpfulness so far, I am currently inclined to believe her):

Pascal is a bodyguard. If whoever she chooses to protect is targeted by a night kill, she will take that hit for them. Complicating matters is that Pascal is also the Survivor, so rather ironically, it is in her best interest to choose targets that are unlikely to be night-killed. As you can imagine, traitors would not night-kill each other, so they are prime, safe targets.

With the current consensus (and I know I've used that word freely before, but the majority is clear in this case) that Jade is most likely to be Mafia, Jade is a safe target. Assuming Jade is lynched today, then a choice of target is less certain.

If Pascal is the Survivor, when the town "wins" does this mean really Pascal wins over the town? So the town... loses? Is that how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Anise View Post
    If Pascal is the Survivor, when the town "wins" does this mean really Pascal wins over the town? So the town... loses? Is that how that works?

How I understand it Anise, a third-party wins with whatever main faction wins. So if we win and Pascal survives, we are joint-winners, as we have both fulfilled our win conditions.

Pascal surviving does not mean the non-traitors or traitors lose.

Yup yup!

As a survivor my only goal is to survive until the end, my survival doesn't actually impede town or mafia necessarily. It also wouldn't prevent them from also winning.

However, I'm also a bodyguard, so I have to pick someone to protect every night. Normally a bodyguard is town, so even if they die, if town wins they win.

I'm a free agent though. So the best way I can help town is by sniffing out scum while actually guarding who I think is scum at night. I don't mind hunting scum with town, but I need to live until the end to win so I won't be guarding your cops or your doctors (as should already be obvious). I'm pulling for town, but I don't wanna die.

Since I'm buying what Velvet is selling in regards to Jade being the only person to target Eizen night 2, I have absolutely no doubts any longer that he is mafia. My vote will remain the same. Now I just have to hope I get lucky on who I pick to be the next most likely mafia member, and that's getting tough.

My question for Pascal is When Jade flips Mafia, would that not finally show I am Town, and the Miller? I have called out Jade since day one for being scum.

Getting lucky and managing to put suspicion on an actual mafia from day one doesn't make you town. In fact pointing their way just gives you background to TRY to seem more townie. I'm still not buying the miller claim. Sorry, Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Raven View Post
    My question for Pascal is When Jade flips Mafia, would that not finally show I am Town, and the Miller? I have called out Jade since day one for being scum.
    Not really, no. Everything Rita has said about what makes you suspicious still makes you suspicious. You had no strong reasoning to suspect Jade early on, and even after you claims of "80% sure with proof" just turned out to be "I really get a bad feeling about that fella." Which isn't strong proof.

The thing is, we've both had the same hunch about Jade for a while now with no strong reasoning. I admitted it was only a hunch I had earlier, too. That's all it was until Velvet finally provided hard proof for me of Jade's scummy actions. She's most likely the tracker, and she proved that he's most likely mafia Godfather.

Even though this wouldn't make you much less suspicious in my eyes, I don't find you super suspicious to begin with. Rita is the one who does. I already said I think you were taking a risk on admitting to miller and hoping the cop could investigate you, but the cop got killed.

Right now I do think you're probably a miller, but it's not proven and will be hard to prove. Which leaves a mafia and lyncher. I have my thoughts on both, but that's where I'm leaving it for now.