Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 515192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Anise View Post
    Like what is your power, you come up as one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pascal
    Miller is a vanilla townie with bad luck
    Miller is a passive role. We already know that people can have two roles - being the miller doesn't automatically mean you have no night power, Raven just claimed he didn't.

Pascal, for someone who claims to be on my level I'm disappointed that you're so quick to stick to your preconceptions. You'd made up your mind I was the lyncher before I'd even told you that I'm the miller. Whatever happened to examining the evidence?

EDIT: In fact, I can't believe I hadn't thought of this first, it's the perfect time for the lyncher to come out as the miller because there's not other power roles left
    Yes, although I had alluded to the fact that I was going to reveal my role if I survived last night, before the Watcher was killed:

Right, I don't think there's anything I can further add to convince you of my Raven hypothesis. Well, there is one thing, but I think it's important to take care of the Jade situation before turning to that. If I survive the night then... well, tomorrow's going to be an interesting day.
    Last edited by [M] Mike - Funny Dad; 05-19-2017 at 07:24 PM.

##Vote: Rita an easy claim earlier would have sent me packing rather easily. I am the Miller and we just found the last scum.

Though I must say I had Rita as the Lyncher.

Also if town lies isn't it considered a self lynch? Maybe we should ask our lovely host.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not sure what you mean about it being a self lynch but there are no rules against lying

Anise, what is your role-claim?

Reading through it is very obvious Rita is the Lyncher. Lynch me and she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Raven View Post
    Reading through it is very obvious Rita is the Lyncher. Lynch me and she wins.
    Yeah, I've been suspicious of you ever since you 'revealed' yourself to have my role! Funny how that works, huh?

I gotta say your strategy of 'agree with Pascal whatever she says' is working well so far, she is very trusting of anyone who goes along with her.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pascal
    Miller is a vanilla townie with bad luck
    Miller is a passive role. We already know that people can have two roles - being the miller doesn't automatically mean you have no night power, Raven just claimed he didn't.

Pascal, for someone who claims to be on my level I'm disappointed that you're so quick to stick to your preconceptions. You'd made up your mind I was the lyncher before I'd even told you that I'm the miller. Whatever happened to examining the evidence?
    My apologies Lil Sis! Let's compare some evidence, scientist to scientist! Time to get on your level! Miss Kohaku said at the beginning that only some of those roles would be present on the list she represented. She also said EVERYONE had a role to start with. Here's the ones we already know about through role claim or people getting killed.

Bodyguard - Will protect someone else from night kills at the expense of their own life. Cannot be night killed if targeted directly.
    Lyncher - Will be assigned a player they need to convince other players to lynch. If they succeed they win no matter which faction wins, but if their target is night killed or lynched without them also voting to lynch that person, they become a vanilla townie.
    Roleblocker - Blocks a person's ability and/or role at night.
    Jailkeeper - Prevents a person from being night killed but also prevents them from using their role or ability.
    Survivor - Must survive until the end of the game to win. They win with either faction.
    Watcher - They will be informed of the name of the player(s) of anyone who targets their chosen player during the night.
    Tracker - They will be told the name of the player that their chosen player targets during the night.
    Doctor - They will protect another player from a night kill.
    Cop - This player can select another player at night and will be told whether they are town, mafia, or other.
    Supersaint - If this player is killed, they will also kill the player whom cast the last vote on them.
    Miller - This player is a townie who will investigate as Mafia to the cop.
    Ascetic - This player is immune to all night actions EXCEPT for night kills.
    Bulletproof - This player cannot be night killed.
    Enabler - If this player is killed, another player will lose an ability or role.
    Godfather - This player is mafia that will investigate as Town to the cop.

Okay, so that leaves us with a tracker, miller, ascetic, lyncher, and possibly a supersaint. AFAIK, supersaint is the only one to have not been confirmed as a possible role through any skit, so it might not even be in play. The others are. So 4 to possibly 5 roles left.

Now, we have one mafia, two independents, and 3 town left. I'm a bodyguard/survivor, so that's 5 people when I'm not included.

We know thanks to skits that the mafia is the tracker.

Obviously town is not a lyncher.

That leaves ascetic, miller, and (maybe) supersaint for the three town left. Since everyone started off with a role, there's not enough roles left for someone to have more than one, besides me.

So one person is miller, one is tracker, one is lyncher, etc. If you're going to get on my level, you need to have better math, Lil Sis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    EDIT: In fact, I can't believe I hadn't thought of this first, it's the perfect time for the lyncher to come out as the miller because there's not other power roles left
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita
    Yes, although I had alluded to the fact that I was going to reveal my role if I survived last night, before the Watcher was killed:

Right, I don't think there's anything I can further add to convince you of my Raven hypothesis. Well, there is one thing, but I think it's important to take care of the Jade situation before turning to that. If I survive the night then... well, tomorrow's going to be an interesting day.
    That's an easy thing for someone to say so that it looks good the next day. It's preparing for your final charge against Raven. You'd need actions to back it up, and right now the only actions I've seen from you are denying obvious mafia to focus on Raven. It's like you have a target, and it's painfully obvious.

It's obvious to me you're lyncher so I'm not even concerned with you, though. I'm just encouraging everyone else not to fall for you tricks and waste a night lynching their own team.

I'd still like to see a role claim from Anise, Elize, and Rowen.

I just realized this scientist can't do math either!

If everyone started off with at least one role, then supersaint has to be in play, because that's the only way everyone left has at least one role. (Duh!)

Doesn't change much, basically everyone left other than me has one role left.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pascal View Post
    So one person is miller, one is tracker, one is lyncher, etc. If you're going to get on my level, you need to have better math, Lil Sis.
    This is only known now due to skits and deaths. When I was explaining why it would be incredibly dumb for the actual miller to claim whilst there was a cop in play, a lot of these were still up in the air. So your conclusion that it would be advantageous for mafia to keep the miller alive 'because he is a vanilla townie' could not have been known by them at the time. It was entirely possible that he had an additional skill.

It's preparing for your final charge against Raven. You'd need actions to back it up, and right now the only actions I've seen from you are denying obvious mafia to focus on Raven.
    I didn't deny obvious mafia! I totally agreed that Lloyd and Jade were shady as hell - I voted to lynch Jade and fully supported taking out Lloyd.

It's like you have a target, and it's painfully obvious.
    And you don't think when someone fake claims my role so I'm certain they're mafia... that wouldn't make them a target? Remember that from the second he said he was the miller I've known this. Lloyd and Jade - however likely they seemed - were always a lower probability to me.

It's obvious to me you're lyncher so I'm not even concerned with you, though. I'm just encouraging everyone else not to fall for you tricks and waste a night lynching their own team.
    You know, if you weren't such a dumb jerk you'd realise that if you don't believe me, then the smart thing is to target me.

- If I'm Mafia, town wins.
    - If I'm the Lyncher, Raven is (mostly) proved innocent, he's eliminated as a suspect.
    - If I'm Town, everyone knows to kill Raven next time out.

There are huge holes in your claim Rita, first you don't even understand how the role works. As town you want the cop to know without giving up who the cop might be to Mafia so for his read on you. A early claim is good for the Miller as it shows a 0 power role to Mafia and they will leave you alone.

Second if people read through all your posts it is painfully obvious you are the Lyncher. A one track mind on one person. Also you weren't all in on the Lloyd vote either. You didn't just go with the whole town as we were wondering if Collete's story was just a Mafia move or not. We know Colette was telling the truth now, but it was a little fuzzy at the time.

Third you see this as your last chance to gain the win. If the Lyncher was out there now would be the time to strike as all roles are claimed except, Lyncher aka Rita and the Mafia goon that if we were all to vote for as we know who it is it would be a easy town win. I may just unvote you Rita and see if the rest of the town who should have come to the same conclusion as me want to vote for the last Mafia member instead? Might be a easy way to do it.

However Rita, your story is very incomplete as the Miller. You don't have fen understand the role which is explained in greater detail in the Pam our gracious host sent me with my role.

Oh no, I wasn't able to convince the mafia pretending to be my role. Oh woe is me...

Second if people read through all your posts it is painfully obvious you are the Lyncher. A one track mind on one person.
    Huh, it's funny old man... you say all my posts, but what you actually mean is all my posts after you claimed to be the Miller, before which I was barely looking at you at all. I wonder what possible motive you might have to twist that little detail...

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rita View Post
    You know, if you weren't such a dumb jerk you'd realise that if you don't believe me, then the smart thing is to target me.

- If I'm Mafia, town wins.
    - If I'm the Lyncher, Raven is (mostly) proved innocent, he's eliminated as a suspect.
    - If I'm Town, everyone knows to kill Raven next time out.
    Except that if we believe you and vote Raven we kill a townie, and there's only two left, and mafia kills another townie that night. Mafia wins the game.

If we don't believe you and vote you, mafia kills a townie that night. Then there's only two townies left, but it was your best chance to try and get Raven so at least you went down swinging.

No the safest move for town is to ignore you, and save their lynching for actual mafia. With only three people left, it's easy for things to suddenly turn grim for town. Especially if they believe you and vote for Raven.

It's back to the list. Anise, Elize, and Rowen. Who's the baddy?

I have Anise as the baddy. Out of all the options she is the last one to not make any claim inless I missed something.