Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

That's true. If we get close to a majority lynch on Rita, I'll unvote myself away from her. We don't want conversation ending too soon!

You lot really can't be trusted to keep yourselves under control when the adults leave the room, can you? Fine. It seems too early to make an accurate swing at the enemy, but I'm not opposed to firing blindly into the dark once in a while, just to see what I hit.

##Vote: Rita

At work and just caught up with the thread. Wow a lot going on for day one which is awesome. I do see a jump on with Rita who isn't in the game yet as it is less then 24hrs old.

Rowan I thought jump on the opportunity instead of trying to hunt any scum himself which makes me suspicious.

##Vote: Rowan

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Elize View Post
    That's true. If we get close to a majority lynch on Rita, I'll unvote myself away from her. We don't want conversation ending too soon!
    Agreed. Furthermore, the lovely Kohaku has implied that Rita has simply not had time to post, and as Anise wisely pointed out, we're not yet halfway through the first day.

[##Unvote: Rita]

At least for the time being.

Can I add that, despite appearances, I was writing my last post before Raven had posted this. Although obviously, I can't prove that.

Well gee you guys, can't a genius work in peace? I know the rest of you don't have anything going on in your lives, but I'm the world famous Rita Mordio. It should be pretty easy to remember; I'm the one with all the knowledge about Blastia. You know that's all spirit artes are, right? Your mana lobes are just naturally occurring Blastia using a simple human spirit interface formula. I wrote three papers on the subject, which you might choose to read next time instead of just voting to lynch me right out the gate.

I mean honestly, there's being suspicious and then there's just a total unwillingness to engage your brain. I guess when you're keeping the company of gross old men like Raven and kids who are still playing with talking dolls it should be expected, really.

[##Vote: No lynch].

I mean, I could vote for one of the idiots who voted for me for no reason, but as the saying goes: "never credit malice for what is better explained by stupidity". Just because you're dumb doesn't mean you're not on my side, so I'm not voting anyone out yet. A good scientist bases her conclusions on facts, not wild speculation. It's what separates us from the amateur wannabes, Pascal...

Heeeeeeeey that is SOOO not fair, Brainy McBrainy. I am a modern miracle, a marvel of science! I will not stand for- mmmwmmhm Elize what are you- mwwwwhm-

It is good of you to join us, Miss Rita! You seem quite intelligent, although you didn't state any reason for deciding on a No Lynch. I wish we could all stop fighting, but we have to find the traitors. What's your reason for deciding on No Lynch, Rita?

For someone looking down on people "unwilling to engage their brain" you sure aren't doing anything to make it any easier. Isn't generating discussion, testimony, evidence through action far more useful in the long run?

I must admit I am happy to see this much conversation day one. Every little bit gets us closer to scum. Let's knock them out in consecutive days!

Ah, here is the current vote count:

Day One

Majority Lynch Occurs at Seven Votes

Rita: 2 (Elize, Rowen, Pascal, Jade)
    Anise: 1 (Colette)
    Eizen: 1 (Velvet)
    Rowen: 1 (Lloyd, Raven)
    Jade: 1 (Elize)
    No Lynch
    : 1 (Rita)

Lloyd: 0 (Velvet)

Anise, Eizen, Lloyd, Mikleo, Rowen and Velvet are you to vote

I will
    [##UNVOTE: Rita] for now, as she has now posted and contributed some way to the discussion, even if the vote she is casting is snuffing it out.

I haven't consulted Teepo with this, but I am concerned that Mikleo hasn't spoken up in awhile. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure where he is.

Looking at the votes on Rita, I'm sensing that one of those people were a traitor looking to bandwagon quickly onto an early Town lynch. It's between Pascal and Jade, but for now I'll vote:

[##VOTE: Jade] for voting on Rita despite enough pressure having been put on the brainy scientist, even when it was pointed out that we shouldn't lynch someone so early.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Elize View Post
    Heeeeeeeey that is SOOO not fair, Brainy McBrainy. I am a modern miracle, a marvel of science! I will not stand for- mmmwmmhm Elize what are you- mwwwwhm-

It is good of you to join us, Miss Rita! You seem quite intelligent, although you didn't state any reason for deciding on a No Lynch. I wish we could all stop fighting, but we have to find the traitors. What's your reason for deciding on No Lynch, Rita?
    Because there's nothing to go on except gut feeling. Even if someone came out and said "I'm a traitor!" - would you believe them? It would be a stupid thing to say if it were true, so you wouldn't make a judgement based off that alone. You'd wait until something had happened that suggested something either in favor of or against the hypothesis. It's simple logic really.

I'm not saying I couldn't be convinced to vote for someone day 1 given the right circumstances. Let's say someone were really adamantly voting for me without any real reason, and couldn't be persuaded otherwise. That would be kind of suspicious for obvious reasons. Maybe their goal is to lynch someone specific, and they think they can get it out the way early under guise of a 'shot in the dark'.

At this point we only know two things with confidence. First - I'm the smartest one here, so you should probably pay attention. Second - there are no Vanilla Townies. The best way to fish out suspects would be to ask everyone what their role is. If we get too many people claiming the same thing, that would be suspicious, and additionally it would be good reference for later. But I know that's not gonna happen - some people, including Townies, would be painting a giant target on their butts if they admitted their role. So for the time being, without any better information, I have to vote No Lynch. I don't know what the Mafia/Townie ratio is but I figure if we blindly shoot into the darkness the odds won't be in our favor.

I was also debating on doing an early role claim for myself to try and fish out scum. Decided against it as I feel scum will try and claim my role and it will set them up as definitive scum.

At least someone is willing to use their brain. I'll withdraw my shot in the dark, at least for time being.

##Unvote: Rita

I'm unwilling to commit to a No Lynch at this juncture, even though the child who voted for me is grating at my nerves.

Mikleo, as Miss Eize pointed out, you haven't said anything in quite a while. Do you have anything to add? Colette, as well, I don't believe that you have spoken in some time.

For now, I'm afraid I must bid you all goodnight. You need your rest at my age, believe me.