Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here is your skit, Anise!

I'm happy no one died, but that's pretty weird. I wonder if someone blocked the mafia action or if a doc or jailkeeper or some other role just prevented it from going through.

Umm, well, actually I have some information that might help. There's only a jailkeeper or a doctor, not both.

Really? Then do you think they tried not to lynch just to trip us up?

No, that's definitely not it.

What's more, it seems that two roles cancelled each other out last night.

Hmm. Seems like we have a bit of a mystery on our hands.

Well that is some useful information.

And I called ravens question a call to role claim because it essentially is. Aside from being able to confirm if someone's ability was blocked it would be very hard to say anything without hinting at what their role was at least. I'm sorry, that's just how I feel.

What I got from the skit was two mafia tried to make a kill. That would make both fail.

It tells me the scum are fighting with each other! That is good news for us.

If there's a Jailor, they might have prevented a night kill from a potential Godfather.

If there's a Doctor, they may have prevented a kill and know who's town.

I wouldn't reveal anything in either scenario. Whoever is the Doctor/Jailor, you have the upper hand when it comes to information. Use it to your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Raven View Post
    What I got from the skit was two mafia tried to make a kill. That would make both fail.

Why would this ever be your first conclusion?

No it's ok, I can see how it looked that way. My ability is passive so I don't have any information myself and was looking for anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Velvet View Post

Two moves cancelled each other out.

It said that two roles cancelled each other out. It has been a common rule that if two nightkills on the same person get sent they cancel each other out. I was going off rules that have been in games past.

I will also say there is probably no jail keeper as Doctor is a massive role to just omit, however it would keep us on our toes.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Velvet View Post

Two moves cancelled each other out.

It said that two roles cancelled each other out. It has been a common rule that if two nightkills on the same person get sent they cancel each other out. I was going off rules that have been in games past.
    It's a potential possibility, sure, but it's probably the least likely scenario out of all of them. Mafia can communicate with each other; why would they both target the same person and cancel out the kill? All that would do is risk exposing them to a Tracker or a Watcher.

My word, all of you managed to keep your heads attached to your necks for a whole 24 hours? You briefly have my respect. If only I had some gold star stickers to hand out.

The skit is... illuminating, if concerning. Only a doctor or a jailkeeper, not both? That limits our ability to protect ourselves (though unless someone who was attacked was simply immune, whoever the Doctor/Jailkeeper must have done something right), and is now something the mafia could potentially exploit. And two roles cancelled each other out? I have no idea yet what this means at all. Nothing good, I'm sure. I will take this information into account, and hopefully come out with some suspicions and a vote later in the day.

Raven, either I've woken up in a fantasy world where logic has no place, or your conclusion is ludicrous. Why would two mafia members try to kill the same person if it's generally held that the mafia communicates with each other? And has this "rule", however common in the past, been mentioned here at all? Miss Kohaku, would you be so kind as to illuminate whether the cancellation rule is or isn't in place here?

It is the first thing that came to my head when I read the skit. Just because Mafia can communicate doesn't mean they may not mess up. It can happen people get busy IRL and then feel pushed and just act. Could be the scenario here too.

Jail keeper: prevents a nightkill but also prevents them from preforming their role or ability.

We may not have a doctor.

Blog Entries

I can't clearly spell it out but the game is set up that there would be no way for it to be an issue

Blog Entries

In regards to the cancellation rule

... Interesting. So in all likelihood, it was some other means of roles canceling each other out, which makes this whole thing far more complicated.

Luckily for all of you, I like complicated things.