Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

I am also assuming that Lloyd was the skit activation as mafia if he does end up turning scum.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by "Pascal
    I know! I'll call you Lil' sis!
    You do what you want, Pascal. I'm interested in your situational analysis, not your emotional over-reactions. By the way; I know you're super happy about your public deduction of Lloyd, but - assuming you're town for the moment - bear in mind everything you reveal here is being read by at least three enemies. The lyncher and survivor could also be playing against you. So don't be reckless about what you reveal.
    Ha ha! Thanks, Lil' Sis. I always do what I want, but I'm happy you like the name. It's also great to hear you're interested in my thoughts now. Good scientists work together!

Sorry, I didn't know I had such over-reactions. I wish I could make them less obvious, like you and Hu. It's really neat how you keep your emotions in your cheeks and in your voice instead of letting it show to others.

I like people's plan of waiting on Eizen. Right now, the most suspicious people to me (outside of Lloyd) are Jade, Rowan, and Raven.

I'd like to hear what Eizen says too. Depending on how trustworthy he sounds and what he found about Rowan, it could potentially remove one person from my list.

I too am waiting on what Eizen has to say. Day two he voted Velvet then disappeared. Over 48 hours without checking in on the game is rather suspicious. I would like to hear what he has either found out, or if he is just laying low letting Town scrap it out.

I'm curious too, but Leather Coat Dude did say he would be busy... *gasp* maybe he's looting and pirating! That good for nothing pirate!

But no I do think our Pirate had something over the weekend.

While we're waiting on tall, blonde, and absent, we can still try to discuss other things. I'll start with this. I've learned we need to really take the skits literally and not assume much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kohaku View Post
    Here is your skit, Elize!

Oh, and here's an extra little tip! When the watcher and/or tracker target the ascetic, they won't be told their action couldn't be completed. It'll just look like nothing happened!

Thanks Miss Kohaku. That gives us a few more things to consider.

I'd think over it carefully. Halftime is coming up and there are only 4 skits left going in to the rest of the game.[/B][/CENTER]
    So if you are a good aligned watcher or tracker, and the Ascetic character is mafia, it might work as sort of a stealthy shield. Or, pardon my nerd, a cloaking device. Could work the opposite too.

As if things weren't easy enough, just because you didn't get anything suspicious on the character you were watching or tracking, it doesn't necessarily mean that nothing weird happened. You just didn't hear about it because your ability was blocked by the Ascetic ability.

Hmm, I'm not so sure the ascetic would be a traitor. That's really powerful being immune to all night actions. And not being immune to a night kill wouldn't matter because no-one would target them. More likely the ascetic is not a traitor, but I could be wrong.

Also, Rowen, I have a question: you said Velvet definitely has a power role. Could you say why? Because to my knowledge, Velvet said Lloyd was lying when Lloyd told us Velvet visited you, and the skit only tells us Eizen definitely visited you. I'm just not sure how you could say for certain Velvet visited you.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Elize View Post
    Also, Rowen, I have a question: you said Velvet definitely has a power role. Could you say why? Because to my knowledge, Velvet said Lloyd was lying when Lloyd told us Velvet visited you, and the skit only tells us Eizen definitely visited you. I'm just not sure how you could say for certain Velvet visited you.
    The fact that Velvet is so certain that Lloyd was lying suggested to me that they know something which definitely confirms that Lloyd is lying. The most obvious reason for this seemed to be that Velvet had the power roles which Lloyd was claiming.

Perhaps I've misunderstood the situation. Nevertheless, Velvet being so emphatic about Lloyd's guilt makes them an obvious mafia candidate should it turn out that Lloyd is town.

I understand where you're coming from Rowen, but by that logic, Pascal is an obvious traitor candidate for being certain Lloyd is a traitor.

Everything you've said about Velvet could be said of most everyone who's spoken about Lloyd. Velvet could be emphatic about Lloyd's guilt because he's lying.

Honestly at this stage I haven't really gotten a good read on Velvet yet. When she isn't being abrasive she's actually pretty helpful at times but I can't shake the fact that I haven't really formed too strong an opinion on her yet. And I hate not having an opinion on their alignment one way or another.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

But Velvet did not GIVE a good reason for suspecting Lloyd. That is what I find suspicious.

Hmm, I suppose. Velvet saying Lloyd is lying about her visiting Rowen does not automatically mean that Velvet does not have a power role. In theory, Velvet could've targeted someone else, fulfilling the classic trick of not explicitly lying.

Having said that, if Velvet has a helpful power role I wouldn't want to be the one to out them when they don't have enough information to give us. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Elize View Post
    Hmm, I'm not so sure the ascetic would be a traitor. That's really powerful being immune to all night actions. And not being immune to a night kill wouldn't matter because no-one would target them. More likely the ascetic is not a traitor, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Pascal View Post
    Could work the opposite too.
    It's a decent theory, sort of like how I think that since there's only one Roleblocker that they are almost certainly mafia. It's still an important variable to keep in mind.

It's also not certain, but in my mind right now, Velvet is simply certain because I've provided very compelling evidence. Hard for me to blame her for being so positive on her choice. I haven't seen super scummy activity from Velvet. She's suggested ideas and defended her views. I think she wasted a lot of time defending herself to Colette and Rowen, but that is what it is.

Time will tell how good my instincts are. That's why I like hard evidence better!

We are running out of time on today. I was waiting to hear what people had to say about the skit, but nobody has talked about it much. I would also like to hear what our pirate friend has to say as this is beyond weekend busy now.

Well, I don't really have anything substantial to add at this point other than that I'm back. Here's hoping I'll get to live to the next day. There's a lot of discussion going on and I really want to take my time digesting it all.

Fair enough. Welcome back Eizen.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Eizen View Post
    Well, I don't really have anything substantial to add at this point other than that I'm back. Here's hoping I'll get to live to the next day. There's a lot of discussion going on and I really want to take my time digesting it all.
    If you could add something just a little more substantial than that that'd be great. You know, what were you doing targeting Rowen on night one, for example?