Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

Ohhhhh so that's how the skits work!

So some people may have multiple roles? This could become a very dangerous game! I wonder if they know of their passive roles?

Okay. I'm for a ##Vote: No Lynch

There are just too many possible roles for us to hit for us to possibly sacrifice a good one on accident day one.

That is a good point. But then again, there is a high chance we'll lose someone with two roles at night as well. Wouldn't it be better for us to act fast and attempt to cripple mafia before they get a chance to overwhelm us?

No?

You will have the same chance at night of losing someone regardless if you lynch day one or not. If you don't lynch day one, you only lose 1 person verse losing possibly 2.

We may be lucky and a night kill may not go through. That's up to chance though. We can't control night one's chance. We can control day 1 though. Why not keep more of us alive rather than sacrificing someone? We don't have that much information to go off of on day 1.

I would feel more comfortable keeping a possible useful town role(or two apparently) alive then losing two people from Day one and night 1. Which could possibly be 4 useful roles with this new info!

I agree with the child, rather amusingly. If we preserve our numbers now we have more people to work with in the coming days rather than taking the probable risk of axing an asset to the town. Once we have more information, our decisions are more informed and rational so I'd prefer to default to waiting til we have a lead that's actually substantive.

Well that's definitely some good information, but it didn't do anything towards helping narrow down the list.

I might agree with a no vote for now. On top of the good guys having the number advantage, these roles make the odds of mafia hitting a target even harder.

Bodyguard - Will protect someone else from night kills at the expense of their own life. Cannot be night killed if targeted directly.
    Doctor - They will protect another player from a night kill.
    Supersaint - If this player is killed, they will also kill the player whom cast the last vote on them.
    Bulletproof - This player cannot be night killed.

Yes, they may not all be in play, but since we all know that none of us are vanilla townies we can assume a lot of these are probably active. They all have the ability to stop mafia and/or mess up who they're trying to target.

[##Unvote: Rita]
    [##Vote: No Lynch]

For now, at least.

##Vote: No Lynch

As much as I would love to once more hedge my bets on my unmatched intellect pinpointing a traitor Day 1, I find myself growing increasingly wary as the deadline approaches, and as such, I agree with Anise and reluctantly admit to my earlier mistake. It's too great a risk when we have no solid leads or proper evidence, and the odds of random chance placing a mafia member's neck in the noose are not promising.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Pascal's skit has revealed a very interesting fact. If some players have multiple roles, the situation becomes much more complicated. Perhaps this old man is being overly cautious, but learning this makes me lean in favour of no lynch for the first day.

[##Vote: No Lynch]

And we're one vote away from a no Lynch lockdown.

Sheesh, guys, there's still like, so much more time to talk about bazongas. And also the traitors, I guess.

Teepo's right. I find it suspicious that people like Jade and Rowen are trying to end the day early. The traitors would want to make it night-time quickly!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Very well. I shall save my no lynch vote for later. No need to end the day early.

[##Unvote: No Lynch]

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You guys have about 5-5.5 hours left before the night phase to get the ever so important discussion done that you delayed the exciting night phase for!

Our hostess is right, still time left to get some talking done here.

The skit gave us a lot of information to digest. First off people may have more then one roll. However I am wondering if that would be Town being able to be say a cop or a Tracker and they can use either or, or is that mafia getting to choose who is the goon, and who will be a Role Blocker.

I am leaning towards the latter as it would allow the mafia to swap out who does what so if one makes a kill night one, they can stay in bed night two showing no movement if someone tries to track them. However they will turn up scum when the cop investigates them.

That's how I am more leaning towards from the results of the skit anyhow, anyone see if I am reading it wrong or have anything to add?

Wait, re-reading the skit I can conclude that I was way off.

The way I re-read it was the Doctor may also be the supersaint, and thus if we lynch him we lose the last person who voted for him too.

Hopefully it will convince the scum that it would be dangerous to pile on a vote if that is the case.

Oh my, I've been so busy. Genus needed me to help him move and I've been so busy with killing monsters to earn some extra gold. I only just had time to catch up on everything.

Right now I'm thinking no lynch. I hope it's not a mistake and normally I wouldn't be for it but with all of us having abilities it seems like it'd be a good idea to keep everyone we can alive day one so we get some use out of them. I'm sorry if that's wrong.

[##unvote]

I won't make my vote though so the day doesn't end early.

Elize Lutus - Frustrated.jpg

"Hmm, Teepo, can you shed some light on the situation?"

Teepo - Happy.png

"Sure Elize, let me take a look at the list of roles and see which ones are passive and active!"

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kohaku View Post
    Bodyguard - Will protect someone else from night kills at the expense of their own life. Cannot be night killed if targeted directly.
    Lyncher - Will be assigned a player they need to convince other players to lynch. If they succeed they win no matter which faction wins, but if their target is night killed or lynched without them also voting to lynch that person, they become a vanilla townie.
    Jailkeeper - Prevents a person from being night killed but also prevents them from using their role or ability.
    Survivor - Must survive until the end of the game to win. They win with either faction.
    Watcher - They will be informed of the name of the player(s) of anyone who targets their chosen player during the night.
    Tracker - They will be told the name of the player that their chosen player targets during the night.
    Doctor - They will protect another player from a night kill.
    Cop - This player can select another player at night and will be told whether they are town, mafia, or other.
    Supersaint - If this player is killed, they will also kill the player whom cast the last vote on them.
    Miller - This player is a townie who will investigate as Mafia to the cop.
    Ascetic - This player is immune to all night actions EXCEPT for night kills.
    Bulletproof - This player cannot be night killed.
    Enabler - If this player is killed, another player will lose an ability or role.
    Godfather - This player is mafia that will investigate as Town to the cop.
    Roleblocker - This player can prevent their target from performing their role/ability at night.

"So a passive role is one which has no ability to choose when or not to use a role ability. They're just kinda... there? So a bulletproof is a passive, because you don't choose to be bulletproof, unless you can activate it, but I'll get onto that."

"An activated role is one where the person chooses to use it. So a Doctor would choose to use their bazongas to resuscitate the target, at least that's how they work with me. Anyway, if you have to choose to use it, it is active."

"I've marked down on the quote which ones are passive and active. Passive is
    green, and active is orange."

"Now the passive abilities make sense right? But some are powerful. Take bulletproof. That's quite an ability! It's possible that if someone has that passive ability, it is what's known as an activated ability. This means the person 'chooses' to be bulletproof: normally they have a limited number of uses, which we call x-shot. So it might be 1-shot (1 use), or whatever."

"There's no way of knowing whether any of the passives are in play, and if they are, if they are passive or 'activated'. But hopefully this helps everyone with an understanding of what a passive and an active role is."

Elize Lutus - Confused.png

"So we could have a Bulletproof Tracker? An Ascetic Roleblocker? A Miller Doctor? So many options!"