Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

I am suspicious of anyone not wanting the skits to be known to be honest. Sure it could blow up in our face, but it could also blow up in the Mafia's face at the same time. We need as much information as possible and though talking is great for us, why be scared to use another tool at our disposal that will help us snuff out the scum. It may save a town life if used at the right time.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to go ahead and call halftime here. That means there are 24 hours left before we get to the every exciting night phase. I am very happy to see how active this thread is, but also sad to see all of my friends fighting like this.

Oh well, I suppose it can't be helped, we need to weed out those traitors after all.

Since it is now officially halftime, majority lynches can happen. As Elize helpfully said earlier, 7 votes are needed to reach a majority.

This is the vote tally so far. Let me know if I got anything wrong!

Lloyd - 0 (Velvet)
    Anise - 1 (Colette)
    Eizen - 1 (Velvet)
    Rita - 1 (Elize, Rowen, Pascal, Jade)
    Rowen - 1 (Lloyd, Raven)
    No Lynch - 1 (Rita)
    Jade - 1 (Elize)

Have a happy, teamwork filled rest of the day! 24 hours to go!

So it's halftime and I thought I would go through my list of most suspicious to least so far.

Most Suspicious:

Rowan: He was the first to jump on the Rita bandwagon and pulled it when he saw heat.

Jade: Also jumped on the Rita bandwagon and really didn't look like Jade looked at the thread before the vote, just the vote count and saw it as a easy Lynch. Very scum like voting.

Colette: Silence is upping my suspicions on Colette

Pascal: Same reason as Colette. No real scum hunting, or wish to join the scum hunting.

Unsure people:

Anise: just can't get a good or bad read.
    Rita: Just don't have a lot of info to go on to get a good read yet

Not Suspicious:

Lloyd: I have seen him do some scum hunting.

Velvet: Has openly looked for anything that could be Scummy. Cast first vote to open conversation.

Elzen: Has done a bit of hunting.

Elize and Teepo: Has opened up with the want to share information which should help town. Helped open conversation.

Ohh wow just noticed I forgot Mikleo. If the game plan is fly under the radar they are doing a good job. That being said I am always suspicious of people who don't want to try and do some scum hunting or talking in general.

Sorry to say this but your reasoning for most of these is flimsy at best. Rowan may of course be leading the conversation in order to turn it in Mafia's favor, but then you say it's suspicious he pulled out from voting Rita, while later Jade is suspicious for not doing that soon enough? With such a large number of people and such a big majority to reach, as well as there being at least one vote on several other people, adding one vote to the person with the most votes this early isn't indicative of anything. And neither is refusing to invite someone when the risk of a majority lockdown is so far away.

And then "hunting" makes people like Velvet and I not suspicious? Please elaborate on what you mean by that because I wouldn't describe the things she and I did as even remotely resembling each other.

Don't get me weong, it's great that you're trying to move the conversation forward, but when you base your assumptions on such flimsy reasoning And people start following you, we may just get led straight into the mafia' don't hands.

If being invisible means no suspects me, I suppose there are some advantages.

I propose doing a No Lynch, simply because it allows us to gather additional information prior to killing people off but I want to read the thread so as to best ascertain if that is the correct play.

Personally, I believe voting no Lynch would be sub-optimal. In this game specifically. This day has been rich in discussion so far. This will continue and perhaps we can reach some form of consensus.

As long as we manage to tune out the mafia voices, of course. But we can only guess which those are.

I do find Eizen's willingness to argue and speed to be on the offensive rather unusual considering it's only Day One. Even relative fools like Raven didn't feel inclined to do that. That being said, he is genuinely contributing to discussion so

##Vote: No Lynch

I'm not comfortable spilling blood right now.

I also think it's imperative to level the distinction between scum and merely poor judgment.

Naturally. Which is why, as you'll notice, I've refrained from voting so far.

My, my, such a list.

Where would Raven put himself on that list? As Eizen has pointed out, it's a list with some pretty scattered reasoning. It almost looks like you decided who you were going to put where on the list first, and then tried to come up with reasons why.

Now that everyone is talking, I suppose the problem is that we don't really know who might be suspicious. That's always the problem with day one Mafia, but I think this time Miss Kohaku may have given us a way to work around that a little bit.

I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger day one. So, HERE WE GO!!!##Skit: Activate!!!!!!

Like both Pascal and Eizen pointed out it is a day one list. I put it out in hopes to stir more conversation. I don't have much except what people have said in thread as there has been no strikes by scum to this point, and no lynches. By the end of the day it could change dramatically based on new information as it becomes available.

That's fine, but I think the most glaring thing about it was assuming Velvet, myself and others were beyond suspicion simply because we are "scum-hunting". A good mafia will be indistinguishable from town up to a certain point, so of course trying to present as an active investigator will be part of their strategy. I will concede that it's still too early to consider somebody suspicious on day one. But it's also much too early to consider anyone beyond suspicion.

So far only Velvet really makes me raise my eyebrow, though I'm still not sure if her dodging my question and trying to frame me instead is indicative of her being mafia or just a quirk of her playstyle. I'm still patiently awaiting an official answer to my question from her.

I'm also curious what evidence Pascal's skit will yield!

I didn't mean to say they were beyond suspicious, however the way they were playing made me feel like they were more towards town. This is Mafia, if you let your guard down at all your head will role. Always be suspicious of everyone.

I too am wondering how the first skit put out by Pascal will play out.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I apologize. Miss Kohaku was getting her beauty sleep!

Here is your first skit!

Hmm. There sure are a lot of suspicious people right now. But how do we know who to trust?

It is still a bit early to tell but out of respect for a fellow scientist, I shall impart you with a bit of knowledge I've gathered. It seems that some of our acquaintances hold more than one role on the list.

So what you're saying is that... some of our friends probably have a passive and an active role?

Wow, that's exciting!

Indeed. But whether that makes them an asset or incredibly dangerous has yet to be seen.