Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85

Thread: Tales of Mafia XXXI - Discussion Thread

  1. #46

    Default

    Welp, it was fun while it lasted. I was told to RP a sarcastic, egotistical prick, and I had great fun doing it whilst killing you off, even if my schedule and various stressors kept me from being as active a participant as I'd wanted. Honestly, I'm amazed I even made it this far.

    Though I can't help but wish I'd been killed due to being caught in a lie or found out by a power role, rather than because Raven made a lucky guess Day 1 and people didn't like my posting patterns, of all things. But what can you do?

  2. #47
    Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    My happy place.
    Posts
    5,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KleinerKiller View Post
    Though I can't help but wish I'd been killed due to being caught in a lie or found out by a power role, rather than because Raven made a lucky guess Day 1 and people didn't like my posting patterns, of all things. But what can you do?
    Well, to be fair, at least a few people weren't convinced until Velvet said she caught you pulling an action on Eizen night 2, and Pascal confirmed Velvet was telling the truth.

    Everyone always sounds suspicious, but that definitely put some nails in your coffin.

    Good game! You played an egotistical jerk pretty darn well.

  3. #48
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    I mean, Velvet and Pascal's evidence was the last nail in the coffin, but I reject the assertion that there was literally nothing else. For me, there was enough circumstanial evidence for me to put a vote down compared to other people at the time.

    I will say though that you did well to remove yourself from my active suspicions Day Two and Day Three after my early vote on Day One. You did well, KK!


  4. #49
    Untalented Game Designer FFNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    3,101

    FFXIV Character

    Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

    Default

    well played!

  5. #50

    Default

    I found it funny how the first person I voted for (Lloyd) ended up actually being scum. Looks my scumdar is on point.

    In all seriousness, I was trying something a bit different this game. Laying low and using my power role to my advantage. I should have been more active, but I overall felt like I had a positive impact on the game.

    It was pretty fun, and I love this theme. Also, I regret not using my skit

  6. #51
     Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yer pants
    Posts
    25,056
    Articles
    269
    Blog Entries
    34

    FFXIV Character

    Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Nah, that was luck. The lloyd thing I think was mostly luck for everyone. Haha I think that's what Slothy had told me, he just picked Lloyd because of Tales reasons. Turned out that silly reason was right!

  7. #52
    Pinkasaurus Rex Cid's Knight Pumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Falling on your head
    Posts
    16,876
    Articles
    119
    Blog Entries
    133

    FFXIV Character

    Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Yeah he guarded Lloyd because he thought it was what Colette would do

    Good game Scruff!

  8. #53
    Slothstronaut Slothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I'm in space
    Posts
    13,206
    Blog Entries
    27
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    yep. I picked Lloyd night one because he's Collette's bff. Pure dumb luck that.

  9. #54
    Witch of Theatergoing Karifean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wandering the Kakera
    Posts
    3,462
    Articles
    1
    Blog Entries
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I found it funny how the first person I voted for (Lloyd) ended up actually being scum. Looks my scumdar is on point.

    In all seriousness, I was trying something a bit different this game. Laying low and using my power role to my advantage. I should have been more active, but I overall felt like I had a positive impact on the game.

    It was pretty fun, and I love this theme. Also, I regret not using my skit
    Haha, well I thought you'd be more prone to get in pointless conflicts with your fellow townies as has been the case in a few games on here. Caught me a bit off-guard that you pretty much avoided doing that this game.

  10. #55
    Slothstronaut Slothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I'm in space
    Posts
    13,206
    Blog Entries
    27
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    I actually didn't even guess that Scruff was Velvet so alternate play style successful I'd say. Even if you did get ganked in the end.

  11. #56
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Gotta admit Scruff's evidence against Jade may have just tipped the balance. I mean I would've kept my vote but it helped sway at least one vote I'm sure.

    Shame you didn't do your skit before you died though! That information could've been helpful.


  12. #57
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    I had Velvet pegged as Scruff pretty quickly. Just something about Scruff's posting style is quite distinctive.

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Haha, well I thought you'd be more prone to get in pointless conflicts with your fellow townies as has been the case in a few games on here. Caught me a bit off-guard that you pretty much avoided doing that this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    I actually didn't even guess that Scruff was Velvet so alternate play style successful I'd say. Even if you did get ganked in the end.
    Yeah, as Slothy said I was kind of going for an alternative playstyle :P My play did have some major holes though.

    I don't really want to pat myself on the back too much for this game, because I feel like a game with all power-roles is definitely town-sided.

  14. #59
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I don't really want to pat myself on the back too much for this game, because I feel like a game with all power-roles is definitely town-sided.
    You say that, we systematically lost all our power-roles


  15. #60
    Untalented Game Designer FFNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    3,101

    FFXIV Character

    Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

    Default

    OK this lockdown has me nervous with anticipation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •