Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your Number One game of all time?

I have a lot of favorite games, but not a lot that I keep going back to, remember fondly with tons of nostalgia and rose-colored glasses, but not a lot that I keep constantly going back to, and probably even less that live up to my own internal hype. One that stands out immediately in my mind is Saints Row 2

The character stories are weirdly deep and dramatic considering how zany and comedic the game can tend to be. The combat and world are entertaining and engaging. There's just something about it that is so far beyond a GTA clone, and not to be elitist, but I don't like GTA anything, and this game is actually good.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Final Fantasy VII

It's the game that changed gaming for me. Before that I'd really enjoyed the SNES era with Mario and Zelda but I'd never felt a full range of emotions like that game gave me. It's still magical to me.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Final Fantasy VII. I love everything about it. The gameplay. The world. The story. The characters. The music. It really is just a great game that leaves you feeling incredibly satisfied each time you play it.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

sigh final fantasy seven for me

of all time for all people though i'd have to say mario or whatever

Pleasantly surprised to see FF7 show up so frequently.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Final Fantasy VIII - I got so wrapped up in the story. I loved the gameplay. I loved the music. I loved the characters. I loved the look of the game. Then there's the nostalgia factor which will make the game more than likely insurmountable.

Str8 Pimpin'

Sonic 3 & Knuckles and it's been my favorite for over 20 years.

Aside from general nostalgia I tend to rate games on how frequently I can play them without tiring and this one I can play all the time. Many people consider it or Sonic 2 to be the best in the series, but it was always been more special than just a "best of show" game for me and I don't even really know why.

The Genesis Sonic games in general are great to fall back on. Especially after a bad day they can just kind of take me away from things for a bit.

Now ask what my most important game of all time is and you'll get a completely different answer.

Articles

FINAL FANTASY VII. It was released at a perfect time for my younger self to be truly taken in by the world and characters.

Krissy, why "sigh final fantasy seven"? Embrace the sevenness!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ganon View Post
    Now ask what my most important game of all time is and you'll get a completely different answer.
    I'm intrigued. What is your most important game of all time?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

The most important game of all time. Doesnt eve have opinions. Its iniversally accepted to be FFV.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and what the hell Huxley why is it not in your top two.

Everything about this game is beautiful. The gameplay, the suspense, the worldbuilding. Ahhh it's just. It's so good. Science fiction at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ganon View Post
    I'm intrigued. What is your most important game of all time?
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. It introduced me to the series as well as exposing me to a depth I never realized games could have. Up until then I had only really played platformers and action games. Discovering that game essentially spawned a sort of renaissance for me and certainly was what propelled me even deeper into this hobby.

And that ending. I was SO not prepared for that.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and what the hell Huxley why is it not in your top two.

Everything about this game is beautiful. The gameplay, the suspense, the worldbuilding. Ahhh it's just. It's so good. Science fiction at its finest.