Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you like about FF13 ?

Default What do you like about FF13 ?

Thought that it would be a nice idea to create a FF 13 positive thread for anybody to speak about what they liked about the game, and of course a safe house for it's fans. ;3

Only rule : No hate or bashing of the game or it's characters etc etc etc- this is a positive house.

To start things off, who's your favorite FF 13 character and why ? I really loved Hope and Sazh. Felt really sorry for Hope and what he went through and Sazh was rather cool and refreshing, and him keeping a pet chocobo in his hair was very cute.

Oooh, tricky. It was very much an ensemble piece, so all the main characters got a good slice of screen time and character exploration/development.

Probably Fang. I'm a sucker for a badass female character.

Fang and Lightning are both great.

Lightning in particular was a really great character to me. I enjoyed her strong, stoic personality and how she was able to open up more as the story progressed. She was definitely a nice change of pace and different from other female FF characters.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Really, every main character outside of Lightning has something that I like, and even Lightning isn't too bad (if we're only considering the main XIII game in a vacuum, of course). She's a little bland, but she has her moments.

Fang and Sazh are just the best, though. And I have a soft spot for Jihl, who could've been a great villain if she hadn't gotten shafted right at the end.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fang

Also I absolutely love the paradigm system

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Fang was my favorite too. Hope grew on me too. He was really strong endgame.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Music is great in all of the XIII games. I don't quite have the love of the music as other people, but I still really like it.

I really enjoyed the sequels, particularly XIII-2.

On a first time play, I did enjoy the game and was invested in the stories. I cared about the characters, and I found the gameplay interesting. Its a pretty game too. Most problems for me is that there's nothing really new for me to discover in future play throughs, but the game did a good job of keeping me wanting to know what would happen next that first time. It's a slog on future play throughs because of how long it takes to open up, but there's a lot of potential in the system once you have more freedom. Some of the battles are pretty exciting trying to find a good set of paradigms to win.

I haven't finished playing the XIII Trilogy yet (going to start LR soon), but so far I'd say Lightning is by far my favourite character. Caius, Noel and Yeul were very good as well. The music is just amazing, especially the vocal tracks in XIII-2. Things like the themes of Caius, Noes and Yeul are among the best pieces of music I've ever heard in a FF game. The battle system in XIII-2 is also very good. The way you can fight with monsters, and evertything coinnected with that feature was done very well imo.
    I'm really enjoying these games tbh, and I can't wait to start LR!
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

I love most of the characters in that game, but my favorite one is Lightning. She's strong, both physically and mentally, but she's also deeper than she wants to be. She has feelings, but she hides them because she wants to stay strong, and I really love that.

I can understand people's dislike for the first game, but I feel the strengths of it outweighed the bad for the most part. Maybe I'm just weird.

1. The story was fantastic. The overall set piece as well as the character stories and how they were involved in the larger picture,

2. Dat soundtrack. From Blinded by Light that we first got a taste of in the trailers to Archylte Steppe when the game finally opens up. Amazing.

3. Characters. This was refreshing after FFXII's mostly dull cast, to have a colorful cast once again. Having a group of already damaged characters dragged down even farther by becoming l'Cie made for many interesting moments.

4. The atmosphere. I was as disappointed as the rest with the lack of proper towns to explore, but what we did get was very ascetically pleasing with fitting music that propelled the environment even more. Especially Gran Pulse.

Here's where I get weird again: FFXIII-2 was great and all, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. Lightning Returns is my favorite of the three, but I'm a sucker for apocalyptic settings. That's hard to beat.

Oh yeah, my favorite character. In XIII it's Sazh, FFXIII-2 is Hope, and LR is the one-man-band guy playing Battle on the Big Bridge.

Articles

I'm glad to see others like the music as well, as I thought it had some beautiful tracks. One of my favourites has to be Lake Bresha - just love running through that crystal landscape.

As for my favourite character, that's a tough one as I think they all played off each other very well. With that said, whenever I had a choice I would usually use Lightning as my party lead.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Blinded by Light is the best normal battle theme of the series.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked doing all the Cie'th stones, felt pretty great when I finished 5-starring them all. Eat trout, Vercingetorix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    I liked doing all the Cie'th stones, felt pretty great when I finished 5-starring them all. Eat trout, Vercingetorix.
    I never would have recalled the name, but for some reason I knew exactly who you were talking about. Yeah, screw that thing.