Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best character in each game.

I - Princess Sarah. I enjoy seeing her modern adaptation in various modern spin-offs. The pink hair with the gold dress combo is nice and she's sweet and is the ORIGINAL Princess Sarah (there's another Princess Sarah in FFIII).
    II - Maria. She's a mage with a bow and arrow... if you build her that way that is. I did. And she starts out oriented towards that. Proto-Rosa.
    III - Aria. Her theme is great.
    IV - Rydia. Proto-Terra.
    V - Faris. She's a surprising character, if you know what I'm saying.
    VI - Terra. In combat she's just ridiculous. She's tanky and has good ATK because of her equipment (can equip swords and heavy armor) but also has a high MAG stat (I know all of this can be influenced by equipping espers, but still). Celes is pretty much the same, but Terra is just special because of her green hair, search for love & meaning and also being part-Esper. She seems delicate but is actually insanely powerful.
    VII - Aerith. She's kind of like Terra, no? She's "special" but also seems kind of meek, but harbors great power. I love these kinds of characters. She's not a sexual object like Tifa.
    VIII - Edea. Badass sorceress with a cool look.
    IX - Garnet. A girl who wants to be free, I could relate at one point.
    X - Rikku. Spunky, smart and uber cute. She should donate some of her personality to Yuna.
    XI - Shantotto OF COURSE. She's an adorable little tarutaru... that's evil and powerful as . And she isn't the sad sack type of evil like Sephiroth, this little bad girl is arrogant, condescending and the best at what she does. Also, she cackles maniacally.
    XII - Balthier. Sexy bad boy; great voice actor. Now that I think about it, he kind of looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
    XIII - Lightning. She's a badass and an all-rounder stat-wise.
    XIV - Minfillia. Because she's the only one I remember. Cool character design. Her and Lightning would also probably get along great if they met. I imagine they would come up with military strategies for fun.
    XV - Noctis. Watching him grow up to be a man by playing his adventure, I feel like he's the FF character I got to know the most out of all these years playing FF games. Amazing character.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

I: Matoya. She's hiding off in a cave nowhere near any towns in a room with talking brooms and chests full of drugs, not to mention having a stash of "Jolt Tonic" to give away to someone.
    II: Leila. My God she saved me tons of times in Deist when the Hill Gigases had trouble hitting her.
    III: Cid. The guy cracked me up every time he was on screen. Alwys fun to make him jump out of the room, too.
    IV: Cecil. He's the only main character of the series that feels like one every moment of the game. He's exactly what a main character should be.
    V: Lenna. A well intentioned character with a beautiful theme. She should have been the main character here. I would have said Butz, but ever since it got changed to Bartz, the buns puns can't be squeezed out anymore.
    VI: Terra. A skilled, green-haired young woman that can just as easily kill things with a sword and torch them with fire spells? Yet she has a conscience underneath about doing it? Yes. great character.
    VII: Yuffie. She's an easy-to-build one woman powerhouse. As soon as the sub is sunken, Yuffie can get a Conformer and Double Cut. Couple that up with 99 Hypers and limit level 1, and she's doing 6,000 damage a turn, while having an endless supply of healing.
    VIII: Selphie. This is by default, though. The rest of the cast annoys me so much that she was the only one left.
    IX: Zidane. I like everyone in this cast, so I might as well give credit to its leader. It helps that he can be really funny at times.
    X: Rikku. I give her credit for managing to stay upbeat around unlikeable people such as Auron, Lulu, Wakka, and Tidus, especially after braving her fear of lightning.
    XI: Verena. She married a goblin, then had to watch his flame flicker out.
    XII: Balthier. He doesn't fall for any tricks. He doesn't back down when attacked and rarely causes the problem. Honorable mention to Penelo and Ashe.
    XIII: Lightning. I had to pick somebody. lol
    XIV: I haven't progressed far enough to pick yet.
    XV: Iris. After hours of the same interchangeable four guys dressed in black, it was nice to have someone different. It's not that Iris was anything special, but compared to the main four, she was a breath of fresh air.

1. Didn't play
    2. Didn't play
    3. Didn't play
    4. Didn't play
    5. Bartz
    6. Sabin or Cyan
    7. Nanaki/Red XIII
    8. Zell
    9. Amarant
    10. Auron
    11. Didn't play
    12. Balthier
    13. Snow
    14. Didn't play
    15. Noctis
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Articles
    Blog Entries

1: Garland shall KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN (also, the idea of the first boss jobber being the main villain is actually pretty rad for a game with next to no plot)

2: Don't really know too much about it, but Guy can talk to Beavers, so... (My actual vote is Minwu, I just think he's cool)

3: Umm... eh... (haven't really played past the first dungeon of the DS version)

4: It's in my username, and I stand by it... okay, I gotta give it to Rydia, I like her design, and I think she's way more useful as a party member, but (SPOILER) Edge, his cockiness, and his interactions with Rydia keep the latter part of the game from feeling like a Cecil-Rosa-Kain wangstfest. The fact that most of his womanizing is pantomimed also makes it a lot more endearing than with other characters. Another thing I LOVE about the character is that anger motivates him to do better, which is a nice contrast to balance and inner peace allowing Cecil to become stronger. I feel like he's a nice Red Oni to Cecil's blue, and it's why he's one of my favorite characters.

5: Galuf is a top tier Grandpa

6: Celes. Possibly due to my love of the WOR segment in general, but also the Opera scene.

7: Used to be Tifa, with my last playthrough it's now Barret. Really like his scenes with Dyne, and he's got some awesome limit breaks to boot.

8: Okay, so I actually remember really liking Kiros, for being the straight-man to Laguna's shenanigans, but I have no clue if that choice holds up at all.

9: Vivi, please who else could it be?

X: Jecht, MAN did I ever turn around on Jecht. Tidus remembers him as a bully, but the twist that he was more of an awkward parent unsure of how to talk to his kid won me over.

XI: Alas, I know literally nothing about this game.

XII: Ashe, for having one of the most interesting character arcs for a JRPG protagonist (she actively wants to start a war, but ultimately rejects. Balthier's cool, but then I remembered he took Ashe's WEDDING RING as payment. Kind of a jerk.

XIII: Sazh for being the most level headed character (for the most part)

XIV: Alas, I know literally nothing about this game

XV: Prompto is the heart and SOUL of this party!

Tactics: I rarely see love for my boy Mustadio!
    Last edited by Edge7; 07-25-2017 at 06:45 PM.
    Returners Represent!

I. Garland. Although if we're talking design, I think the Fighter's in the NES version was nice.
    II. None
    III. Good grief, Cid maybe? There's not much characterization in this game. But, I do like the designs of the Onion Knights, they're pretty cute. Battle-wise, probably the Warrior.
    IV. Edge or Rydia if we're talking battle. In terms of character, probably Rydia? I found her backstory very sympathetic.
    V. In battle, since there's classes in this game, the Blue Mage. I even made my party members all Blue Mages at one point. I liked that you could learn certain types of magic from enemies. That was a really neat idea! In terms of character, probably, Bartz. I found him relateable as he felt to me like he was this guy who was just wandering around, and then one day he ends up on a journey to save the world. I like how laidback he was, while he could get serious, he never really lost his easygoing nature. I also liked Faris, but not PS1 translation Faris.
    VI. In battle, Gau. Gau is one of those characters that can either be really good or really bad. And the only way he is the latter is if you never use him at all. If you raise him well enough, he's a freaking tank! I think it's especially kind of funny how one of his strongest Rages can be learned from him jumping a Stray Cat. Idk why, I just do. In terms of character, hard to say, Celes and Terra had good character arcs, Locke was a funny character with a sympathetic backstory, Edgar was...Edgar. I can tell you who it isn't though, Umaro. Mostly because getting him was a pain.
    VII. I, for some reason, can never beat this game. But, I have gotten to a point where I can safely say that it's Tifa. In battle, definitely Yuffie, say what you will about her character, but her limit breaks rock!
    IX. I like almost all of the characters except Amarant. My personal favorite was Zidane, as despite his somewhat perverted and rougish nature, he manages to come across as a rather sweet guy and a good friend. I especially liked the "You're Not Alone" scene, as despite the identity crisis Zidane is having at the time, his friends stand by him. And the reason for that is primarily because he helped them when they were going through their own respective rough patches (except Quina who had none, s/he was still funny though). In battle, Vivi, I remember this one moment back in Mount Gulug, when most of my party was dead except him and I was fighting those dragon enemies. And Vivi managed to save my butt that day.

These are from the ones I played anyway.
    This signature reeks of Moogle.

I - III: Never played them.
    IV: I like the twin that's a little trout.
    V: I dunno, the pirate I guess.
    VI: Celes.
    VII: Cloud has some good hair.
    VIII: Zell is just such a perfect product of Nomura and the times combined. I love him.
    IX: Zidane! Sorry, Vivi.
    X: Yuna, laughing scene and all.
    X-2: Shinra. I respect someone so humble.
    XII: Balthier, pow.
    XIII: Vanille. Yeah, that Vanille. She's actually one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters ever. I know she's widely hated, but whatever.
    XIV: Something about those countless shirtless Miqo'te healers really perks up my day.
    XV: Prompto and his J-Biebz muscles that he's so proud of.
    Death of a Fansite: Me.

FFI: Hm... Thief/Ninja.
    FFII: Leon, for his "complex" background and because he's well-balanced in battle.
    FFIII: I forgot... Maybe Ingus for his potential.
    FFIV: Definitely Cecil: for his redemption and more generally his complete evolution during his journey, his relations (between Rosa and his friend Kain)... Okay that's just the story but I liked! Besides he was my "tank" during battles, often the last to survive...
    FFV: Galuf for his eccentricity and his willpower. A good soldier to fight, too.
    FFVI: Hmm... hard to choose... Probably Sabin or Cyan if we're talking about their story or their personality. I pretty much liked Leo too. And to fight Terra was very effective.
    FFTA 1: Marche of course, did I really have to explain why?
    FFTA 2: Adelle. She's smart and has some great values at all. In battle she's quick and becomes very strong as time goes by.
    Last edited by Berserker[Red]; 07-29-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I: Matoya
    II: Leila
    III: Desh
    IV: Cecil
    V: Faris
    VI: Terra
    VII: Aerith
    VIII: Laguna
    IX: Vivi
    X: Rikku