Thread: Tokita wants SE to more with the FFIV IP

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Tokita wants SE to more with the FFIV IP

Takashi Tokita, who co-directed and was one of the main writers for FFIV wants SE to do more with the IP. Mainly the article talks about his desire to remake The After Years either in a style similar to the DS entries or a Pixel Remaster. But interestingly enough, he also stated he would love to see FFIV get a Netflix series or a full remake on scale with VIIR.

What are your thoughts?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't know if FFIV is popular enough to get a VII style reboot or a series. The After Years was OK but I don't think I'd play it again.

I think FFIV has gotten a lot of attention over the years with the Advance remake adding a challenge dungeon and the remaster on DS. I'm not sure there is much more they need to do with it. I'd much rather see a remaster of FFV or FFVI before IV.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, IV probably has the best shot of getting a full high end remake of the 16-bit era and frankly most of the series not VII or X. It's an entry that is pretty damn popular in both Japan and abroad, and it's actually the entry that has gotten the most ports and remakes in the series.

Granted, I agree that I would like to see V or VI get updated remakes first, even if neither one will be anything close to the VIIR, one on the scale of the Mana remakes would still be pretty neat. SE keeps teasing them, but I don't see it happening for awhile.