View Poll Results: Which Final Fantasy character do you hate the most?

Voters
534546. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drywall Yuna

1 0.00%
  • Annoying Laugh Tidus

3 0.00%
  • Angry Hope

4 0.00%
  • Cold Lightning

2 0.00%
  • Obnoxious Vanille

1 0.00%
  • Valley Girl Rinoa

2 0.00%
  • Moody Squall

2 0.00%
  • Creepy Seymour

3 0.00%
  • Nagging Ignis

1 0.00%
  • Stupid Snow

1 0.00%
  • Other

5 0.00%
  • Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie

534,521 100.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Hated FF Character (poll)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think he's referring to the Wutai glitch that lets you skip the Lifestream and Huge Materia parts of the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yuffie Warping actually.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Yuffie is actually the best character in the series and half a million people have never been so wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Yuffie is actually the best character in the series and half a million people have never been so wrong.
    You have just sealed your fate. Rejoice - you'll be the guest of honor on EoFF's first public execution.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hahaha, "first". Cute.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, *obviously* EoFF didn't exist until I joined staff so you're clearly lying

I bet you're also secretly a Yuffie sympathizer

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is it bad that I don't really hate any of these characters?

I mean sure some of them are annoying throughout much of their character arc: I only really started to like Tidus after about half the game because I just found him pretty arrogant and juvenile. And Hope was annoying but I can accept he was going through some serious PTSD trauma for a teenager so I mean I can't be too harsh. Snow was pretty one note the entire time but what can you do?

Hell I even liked Yuffie, to a point. Her stealing all your Materia sucked but the Wutai diversion was an enjoyable enough sidequest before the game really started getting heavy. Cait Sith was kinda... there, and didn't really impact the plot until it actually mattered, so that's more of a walking plot device than a character. And the redemption thing was nice.

I'm almost tempted to say Vaan because of the FFs I've played I could never quite get into his character. But then I noticed of all people, Seymour was on the list and well he's a creepy creepy villain so I mean of course I'm voting for him.

EDIT: Hey Psychotic, you couldn't happen to put Kai Leng down on this list?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

There are many not on the list we can talk about too.

Edward FFIV

Locke FFVI

Cyan FFVI

There is many more. However the list with the Yuffie add had enough for me to chose Hope. I can stick to that.

For me it was Snow. I can't stand characters who talk that big... I don't really hate him though, I just don't like his attitude.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Out of those ones, Rinoa. She's extremely annoying and childish, constantly forces herself on Squall for no real reason, needs to be rescued every other mission, never learns her lesson and the one time she gets reprimanded for it we're supposed to feel sorry for her. Give me a break.

My actual most hated FF character would be Genesis, the ultimate Mary Sue.

Honestly speaking though I like at least half of the characters on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    There are many not on the list we can talk about too.

Edward FFIV

Locke FFVI

@ Fynn Can we add FFNut to the public execution list ?

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    You have just sealed your fate. Rejoice - you'll be the guest of honor on EoFF's first public execution.
    Come at me, I'm ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post

Locke FFVI
    EXPLAIN.

I'm not sure I understand all the hate for Yuffie. If it's the part where she steals the team's Materia, it's 100% skippable. You don't have to do it.

As for my most hated list, most of which were not options:
    -Locke (VI): He starts the game being told by Arvis to go save Terra. He argues back, calling her a witch. Then he finally and reluctantly goes to do the rescue, at which point the Moogles come along and do all the work for him. He then spends the rest of the game creepily obsessing over protecting women that don't need it. His view that female military generals are weak and need protection doesn't make him endearing; it makes him come off delusional. He also doesn't have a single battle skill that someone else can't do better.

-Irvine (VIII): Another guy trying to get with every woman in the game. That alone is enough to put him in my top 5 most hated characters, but then they refer to him as a gunman and sharpshooter...and he freezes up when it's time to pull the trigger. By this point, he's already #1 most hated for me. But then he watches Rinoa fall off the edge of the garden, is unable to do anything. He then tells Squall to go rescue her...IN THE MIDDLE OF LEADING A MAJOR FIGHT BETWEEN GARDENS. Not now, Irvine. You do it. And then there's the orphanage scene. It's long, it's boring, but every time I try to leave, Irvine won't let me. C'mon Irvine, I've seen the scenes before. Can I just get on with the game?

-Auron (X): When you're in a game with Tidus and Lulu (not to mention the moment where Yuna gathers everyone out into a thunderstorm to deliver news she could have said inside) and you're worse than both of them, you must really suck. And Auron does. He's a know-it-all, he's bossy. He acts like he's running the show and doesn't care what Yuna does, as long as she continues the pilgrimage for him. Meanwhile, he's near useless in battle later in the game because he's way, WAY too slow. One battle forced him into the party and it took about 4 turns from everyone else before he got one so I could switch him out.

-Vaan (XII): He's really not that awful, but being forced to play as him in cities with no option to switch makes me not like him.

-Snow (XIII): XIII's version of Auron: the guy who thinks he's better than everyone else. Add in the endless yapping about being a hero, and there we have a character that grates on the nerves.

FFXIV Character

As much as I hate to defend Irvine, I always thought him freezing up as foreshadowing his relationship with Edea.