View Poll Results: Which Final Fantasy character do you hate the most?

Voters
534546. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drywall Yuna

1 0.00%
  • Annoying Laugh Tidus

3 0.00%
  • Angry Hope

4 0.00%
  • Cold Lightning

2 0.00%
  • Obnoxious Vanille

1 0.00%
  • Valley Girl Rinoa

2 0.00%
  • Moody Squall

2 0.00%
  • Creepy Seymour

3 0.00%
  • Nagging Ignis

1 0.00%
  • Stupid Snow

1 0.00%
  • Other

5 0.00%
  • Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie Yuffie

534,521 100.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Most Hated FF Character (poll)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The problem with Yuffie is not just the Wutai Materia quest, it's the fact she's a self-centered bitch that looks down on everyone and treats the rest of the party like trout; like when she blows off Barret after he tells the party about his hometown and his connection to it's destruction before going to the Gold Saucer. Also, being a decent party member 3/4th of the way into game when you acquire their ultimate weapon (of which this happens to most of the party anyway, so it's not that special anyway) doesn't redeem the fact she's kind of dead weight for the first 3/4ths of the game. Her biggest problem is that she's more annoying than funny, which is the issue I have with all of the Hyper Genki Girl characters in the series. Her back story isn't enough to to redeem her negative qualities. I mean at least when Edge did the whole Arrogant Proud Ninja thing, the game went out of it's way to put him in his place.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The more I think about it, Yuffie is just my favorite by default. Except for Shadow, who I hated, I'm neutral to the rest. I liked Cid a little bit. But yeah, did not care for the main cast. I liked The Turks a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    it's the fact she's a self-centered bitch that looks down on everyone and treats the rest of the party like trout; like when she blows off Barret after he tells the party about his hometown and his connection to it's destruction before going to the Gold Saucer.
    Aerith does the same though. In fact Aerith the way that she treats poor Barret is ten times worse. Yuffie just says that Barret shouldn't of trusted Shrina INC. Which is harsh and cold, but not to the levels in the way that Aerith treats him. She just completely ignores him and uses the theme park and as a good chance to "get" Cloud.

Yuffie is about 16 years old and she's still a young teen and she's still learning how the world works etc, Aerith has no excuse. Yuffie is a bitch though, not denying that. But Aerith is the bigger bitch towards Barret.

The only ones that seem to really care about Barret is Tifa and Red honestly.

doesn't redeem the fact she's kind of dead weight for the first 3/4ths of the game.
    Disagree, her limit breaks are awesome and she's a good healer when Aerith leaves.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Wh wasn't Locke an option? He could easily run side by side with Yuffie.

What's with all this Locke hate ? Locke is amazing

ikr, i thought Locke was a funny character at times and noble at others...

I love Locke, he's got a good heart, and an amusing sense of humor and is one of the more level headed characters. He is a little misguided when it comes to girls, but I'm sure he can learn. I don't see him as an asshole about it or anything

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post

Aerith does the same though. In fact Aerith the way that she treats poor Barret is ten times worse. Yuffie just says that Barret shouldn't of trusted Shrina INC. Which is harsh and cold, but not to the levels in the way that Aerith treats him. She just completely ignores him and uses the theme park and as a good chance to "get" Cloud.

Yuffie is about 16 years old and she's still a young teen and she's still learning how the world works etc, Aerith has no excuse. Yuffie is a bitch though, not denying that. But Aerith is the bigger bitch towards Barret.

The only ones that seem to really care about Barret is Tifa and Red honestly.
    Honestly, I saw Aerith's Gold Saucer escapades as more of her trying to lighten the mood. Her actions with Barret when you enter always felt to me like her trying to get the grumpy bear to chillax a bit and it completely blew up in her face, which is frankly understandable, but I never saw it as her being selfish as more of her awkwardly trying to be Team Mom.

Also being a dumb kid doesn't redeem the fact that Yuffie doesn't have any manners and is totally self-absorbed. A child can still be thoughtful and polite even if they are naive.

Disagree, her limit breaks are awesome and she's a good healer when Aerith leaves.
    That's what Materia is for.

Honestly, I saw Aerith's Gold Saucer escapades as more of her trying to lighten the mood. Her actions with Barret when you enter always felt to me like her trying to get the grumpy bear to chillax a bit and it completely blew up in her face, which is frankly understandable, but I never saw it as her being selfish as more of her awkwardly trying to be Team Mom.
    You may be right there. Aerith is the character that just wants to be happy despite everything.

Also being a dumb kid doesn't redeem the fact that Yuffie doesn't have any manners and is totally self-absorbed. A child can still be thoughtful and polite even if they are naive.
    Oh no, didn't mean that Yuffie is naive, just that I don't think that Yuffie knows how to cope yet ? If you take her to Aerith's death she takes it the worst so she is a good person inside- just frustrated and angry about Wutai.

That's what Materia is for.
    But those cool limit breaks ! And yeah I always give some healing materia to Cloud but it always pays to have a backup just in case ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    As much as I hate to defend Irvine, I always thought him freezing up as foreshadowing his relationship with Edea.
    HOW DID I NEVER REALIZE THIS BEFORE!?

I'm pretty sure they explain it in game. He didn't use GFs as much so he didn't lose memories the way everyone else did and he recognized her as someone from his childhood he was not happy to murder