Thread: I hate Gladio

Default I hate Gladio

Yep. He eclipsed Tidus as my most hated FF character. He is basically a hot version of Red Foreman from That 70's Show. He is such an a-hole to Noctis. I kept thinking... omg Gladio shut the heck up! Mr. Pull-Yerself-Up-By-Your-Bootstraps who is against anybody wanting to be comfortable at all.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While I don't necessarily hate him, I'll admit he becomes a bit of a pill in the later chapters.

I actually had no problem with Gladiolus telling Noctis to "wake up" in the later chapters, but I felt his approach was definitely lacking a gentle touch.

There was also hardly any character development between the two prior to this, so it came out of left field. It was certainly jarring to see.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Same here. He's just " Mr gruff guy " and has no big substance to his character. He's the weakest out of the characters IMO. His character just screams " No Homo " cringe.

He was definitely my least favorite of the group, but he never did anything for me that warranted hate. He's the one that had to be tough on Noctis in the absence of his father. Honing a blade that needed to be sharp for what was to come.

One thing that hurt him was there didn't seem to be any little moments that built his character for events later in the game like Ignis and Promto had.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

But, but cup noodles