Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crap in games that people praise, that you loath.

Me personally is quick time events, I think only in one or two instances it was implemented well but otherwise it was a cheap way out.
    Because if you blunder the default reaction it is your fault not theirs and it's such an easy pattern to design for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    It's still archaic as trout as well, though you may get a treat, because the main character Aleph is speculated to be Hiriji the reporter from SMT3. SMT1 has actually been a blast for me, but I eat up this retro trout. The biggest ways alignment affects you in the game is largely controlling who will work with you and frankly everything affects your alignment. Even using a healing church affiliated with a faction or only using demons of a certain alignment will keep adding points into one of the factions. Which can really suck since if you do try going the neutral route, you actually have to roll in the Law and Chaos factions for certain bits of the game and if you don't pay attention to these elements, you can wind up getting stuck as one of the factions. I had to pause my game

I wouldn't call the Law/Chaos endings glorified game overs. Technically the True Demon and White Ending from SMTIII and IV are more appropriate for that term since the ending is basically Total Reality Omnicide in both cases. Most of the time, Chaos is all about returning the Old Gods to glory and Law is building the Thousand Year Kingdom. Though interestingly enough, the Neutral ending in SMT1 is the canon ending since SMT2 picks up where it left off.
    True Demon gets you more content, not less. I thought they meant that going Law/Chaos in SMT1 gets you less stuff than Neutral because "you're doing it wrong stupid."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also liked how you got different ultimate gear depending on your alignment. The Witcher pulled the same thing off and it was cool.

Speaking of that, the Witcher had that thing where in the main hub city there are two blacksmiths - one is aligned with the Scoia'Tael (elven and dwarven freedom fighters), while the other was aligned with the Order. If you chose either side, the other one won't provide their services to you anymore. If you go neutral, neither of them will, so you're stuck for a big chunbk of the game without a blacksmith.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    It's still archaic as trout as well, though you may get a treat, because the main character Aleph is speculated to be Hiriji the reporter from SMT3. SMT1 has actually been a blast for me, but I eat up this retro trout. The biggest ways alignment affects you in the game is largely controlling who will work with you and frankly everything affects your alignment. Even using a healing church affiliated with a faction or only using demons of a certain alignment will keep adding points into one of the factions. Which can really suck since if you do try going the neutral route, you actually have to roll in the Law and Chaos factions for certain bits of the game and if you don't pay attention to these elements, you can wind up getting stuck as one of the factions. I had to pause my game

I wouldn't call the Law/Chaos endings glorified game overs. Technically the True Demon and White Ending from SMTIII and IV are more appropriate for that term since the ending is basically Total Reality Omnicide in both cases. Most of the time, Chaos is all about returning the Old Gods to glory and Law is building the Thousand Year Kingdom. Though interestingly enough, the Neutral ending in SMT1 is the canon ending since SMT2 picks up where it left off.
    True Demon gets you more content, not less. I thought they meant that going Law/Chaos in SMT1 gets you less stuff than Neutral because "you're doing it wrong stupid."
    Yes and no, there are exclusive demons, equipment, and scenarios for going down the other paths. Beelzebub is an optional boss for instance that will fight you in the Law and Neutral paths. In Chaos, he joins you as a Lv. 99 Demon who makes short work the final dungeon for you. Neutral doesn't get any exclusive boss demons or anything, but the path lets you use all of the available, non-exclusive demons whereas Law and Chaos are restricted to their own faction and neutral demons.

In SMT2, Chaos can't recruit Satan because he's a Law/Neutral character and even in Neutral, I think you have to do some stuff to get him to join you. Course you get Lucifer in the Chaos path... So you do get stuff for going down certain paths exclusively but to be fair, True Demon is Director's Cut content as opposed to the game proper. You also do get some rewards for joining one of the other Reason factions in Nocturne as well.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

This isn't intentional by programmer's but glitches. For instance someone finds a glitch that makes your player a God that can't be hurt and dish out damage. Every casual gammer jumps on it and then goes... This game is too easy. If you can't beat it in 5 hours you suck.

No no you exposed a flaw in the programming that gave you superpowers and you didn't work to get that ending. Maybe after I beat the game legit I may try the glitch for fun, but never before I play it the way it was intended first.