Thread: Questions about this and XIV

Default Questions about this and XIV

I have been on a mission to beat all the main numbered FFs (1-15). I am about half-way there, but 11 and 14 have always been the two titles that I am unsure or not whether to include them in this mission. I basically have 2 questions:

1 - I am aware that you can play FF XIV on the ps3 or ps4, but how can I play FF XI? I do not have a PS2 nor any x-box.

2 - Is it possible to 'beat' these 2 games? Or are they unbeatable?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Ffxi you have to have a pc. And as far as im aware it is beatable since all expansions are out. It might take you quite a while though.

and XIV again is beatable but. Since its not got all expansions out yiu wont fully beat it until its out. Luckily bo endgame raid or whatever locks the main story out so thats good

but honestly. Dont include them in your mission. Play them for what they are not for completions sake. I never counted them in my mission simply because of what they are. Long long mmos with lots of time required to play. And honestly you might just get addicted and forget about the other games xD

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Ffxi you have to have a pc. And as far as im aware it is beatable since all expansions are out. It might take you quite a while though.

and XIV again is beatable but. Since its not got all expansions out yiu wont fully beat it until its out. Luckily bo endgame raid or whatever locks the main story out so thats good
    Ah ok thanks. I'll play XI on PC then.

I do kind of wish these 2 titles were spin-offs though, instead of main entries. As my OCD is what's driving me to play them, to 'finish off' the main series.

I'm currently playing through number III, which will be my 9th main FF game (I don't include X-2 or Crisis Core etc)

Just to add though, by 'beating' the games I don't mean unlocking everything that's optional, I mean just 'beating' the required stuff. Is this possible for XI and XIV, or do they just not work like that?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Yeah you can beat all the main stuff. But xiv isnt finished yet. Its only almost at its 2nd expanstion. Whereas xi has like.... 6 or something I dunno never played it. Irt will be years before you can truly beat xiv. And then it will take a long time getting through it all, also its sub based so youd be paying a few extra money to just plau the game. And then is it even worth it for just the main story would be your question

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Yeah you can beat all the main stuff. But xiv isnt finished yet. Its only almost at its 2nd expanstion. Whereas xi has like.... 6 or something I dunno never played it. Irt will be years before you can truly beat xiv. And then it will take a long time getting through it all, also its sub based so youd be paying a few extra money to just plau the game. And then is it even worth it for just the main story would be your question
    Hmm, I might just leave them out then.

Damn square, why do XI and XIV have to be called XI and XIV?

XII should be XI, XIII should be XII, and XV should be XIII.

Bumping with another question:

For XI and XIV, do you HAVE to team up with other players around the world? Because I hate relying on others to succeed when it comes to gaming.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yes, you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Yes, you do.
    Thanks. Hmm... looking less and less likely that I'll play these two then. That's gonna be brutal for my OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post

Damn square, why do XI and XIV have to be called XI and XIV?

XII should be XI, XIII should be XII, and XV should be XIII.
    XV almost was called XIII. Well Versus XIII, whatever the heck that's supposed to mean.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For what it's worth, they have some truly epic stories and characters wrapped up in them (alongside other less interesting stories, at least in XIV's case - I can't recall much on XI).

Also, for XIV at the least, it's super-easy to team up with randoms, complete a dungeon and then forget about them forever. It's very rare that I ever have any issue playing with randoms, sometimes I find it a bit easier in that you don't have to try and get friends grouped up at the same time. You just crack into the duty finder, complete, and you're done. I still rate XIV as one of the better games in the series and my experiences of XI were pretty great too.

Personally, when I consider which games I have "beaten", I just focus on the main story of the original game and nothing more than that. Expansions are expansions, and while they are often better, I think it's fair to say "I've finished all the numbered FFs" if you have done the initial storyline. Having said that, I'll repeat that the expansions are often better, particularly in the case of XIV. The Heavensward expansion was awesome.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!