Kraden: So these are the sources of all matter in the universe and even a single one of them could allow you to conquer the world.

Please collect each of them and shove them in this bag, will you?

If this was a Western RPG, I'd assume he was the villain, pulling a Jade Empire on me. As it is, I think it's just some clunky writing. This game has a lot of that so far.

But i can dig it. It's quaint. We have to go save the four Elemental Crystals - er, I mean Stars. And naturally only two teenagers can do it. It's like I'm playing FF 3 again but everyone talks a lot more.

The names are what's throwing me off. How am I supposed to be intimidated by Alex? Fantasy setting demand fantastical names, especially for the bad guys. I guess the other two aren't so bad but these three stooges feel like underlings anyway. Like, seriously. I played that Neptunia game kinda recently and Ms. Underling might as well stand in for these clowns.

I But yeah, I just left the village. I decided to play these games because I discovered this cool site called Golden Sun Hacking. I love romhacks and mods to pieces. I'm not using any mods yet of course. I just like having the option tto, after I've beaten the game, to be able to change things up and offer a new experience.

Does this game have like, a Job system? Is it perhaps, again, like FF 3 and it just takes me a while to unlock that? I know the Djinn are supposed to be big parts of the gameplay and I haven't seen any of that yet. Anyway, I really like Job Systems and Classes and stuff.

I've heard this described as possibly Motoi Sakuraba's best soundtrack ever, too. It's been pretty good so far but it has a long way to go before it can rival Baten Kaitos.