Thread: Lost Sphear

Default Lost Sphear

Well well well. Now we know what Tokyo RPG Factory has been doing. Another traditional RPG that shares the area effect mechanics from Chrono Trigger and I Am Setsuna.

Coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

At least it's not a FFX rehash, and at least there's some variety in the world and it's not just constant snow. So I can say I'm more interested in this one. But I guess it'll probably depend if I'm in a digital mood or not. I skipped over Setsuna for lack of a physical copy (also the piano music I had heard grated my nerves and didn't help that I was told that that music all there is in the game)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really enjoyed I am Setsuna because it was FFX done right, even if it did have some problems towards the end. So I'm pretty much on board for this game, though I was kind of hoping they would change-up the visual and gameplay mechanics a bit more. The game looks like more of a spiritual sequel to I am Setsuna which is not a bad thing, but there is so much variety to the "Golden Age" of the genre, that I was thinking they would be a bit more diverse.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Lost Sphear? Sounds like a spelling mistake.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I don't think Sphear is a real word. I'm getting a red line underneath it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

A lot of people on the net feel like the game doesn't look like it should be worth $50. How do y'all feel about it? I wasn't paying much attention during the trailer apparently because I didn't even notice that. I can understand that perspective. The game does look like it has a limited budget, like some unknown game you'd find on Steam.

Yeah, while I can't find a good reason to disagree with the price tag, I'd honestly feel a little weird paying that much for a game that looks the way it does. If I remember correctly, Setsuna was $10 cheaper at launch

I was greeted by this trailer when I got up this morning and it looks interesting, but I also haven't even played I Am Setsuna yet. Before that I still need to finish my Dragon Quest games. This is not a good period in my life for RPGs.

Well, it does constantly say "development footage, subject to change", so it might not be the final visuals of the game.

Although I didn't realize we had a price yet.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Apparently the Switch will be getting a physical release for those deterred by digital. And those with a Switch.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It looks cute, but I hope it finds a way to differentiate itself. I skipped I Am Setsuna since it seemed like a lot of games I already played.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum