Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tekken EoFFight Club

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I have no clue if I will pick it up. I stink at fighting games. I end up button mashing and not knowing what I am doing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    I think the new gameplay elements look good, although the novelty of the slow motion attacks might wear off quickly. The new rage system looks to make for some pretty intense battles, though.

As for missing characters, yeah, there are a few fan favourites missing, but personally I'm not too bothered because I didn't use them anyway. It's a shame for those that do though, but at least there's still a nice variety of new characters to choose from, and no bulking out of the double characters like Christie.

Christie is a copy and paste character though. They could've just had her take the same slot as Eddy like in 4 and 5. I know it's just personal taste, but I don't feel the new characters. I hate Lucky Chloe's anime, moe, idol girl look, her moveset is fine though, Gigas looks like a Tekken Force character, Claudio is just okay, Eliza to me feels out of place like she belongs in SC, Katarina is alright, but aesthetic-wise she looks like Christie. I could see Christie wearing the same stuff. Josie is great, and Heihachi's wife looks good and Master Raven I like. Also Akuma.

Also, I don't feel bad for Roger's exclusion, but they didn't put him in the game for the dumbest reason: Because of that kangaroo video that was out a while back.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 05-31-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Same as Psy, fighting games were a thing of my youth but I hope you guys have fun beating seven tonnes of crap out of each other. You guys should record your fights and post them here! If that is even possible...

I will occasionally blast through Tekken 2 on my Vita when I'm feeling nostalgic

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    I have no clue if I will pick it up. I stink at fighting games. I end up button mashing and not knowing what I am doing.
    Go on, you know you want to. Give in to peer pressure! You'll be fine with a bit of practise, and the games story mode teaches you the basics anyway, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Christie is a copy and paste character though.
    Yeah, that's what I meant when I said about the "bulking out". We get new characters instead of that but, like you said, they could have easily added the doubles on the same slot. Maybe they just didn't know what to do with the characters story wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Same as Psy, fighting games were a thing of my youth but I hope you guys have fun beating seven tonnes of crap out of each other. You guys should record your fights and post them here! If that is even possible...
    That's a good idea about the recording. You can post things to YouTube from PS4, can't you? Not that I've ever tried to. And I've never used any of the streaming services like Twitch before.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Put me down pudgy! PSN: (SPOILER)novi_glitzko

T7 is getting some very good reviews so far:
    IGN: 9.5 (not final)

Tekken 7 is a love letter to this long-running franchise and its staggering complexity. Yet somehow it still manages to be accessible to just about anyone wanting to mash buttons, and its huge amount of customization unlocks constantly give you something to strive for beyond its silly and slightly cliched story. In a pretty good time for fighting games, with Injustice 2 knocking it out of the park, Killer Instinct continuing to give us quality content years after its release, Street Fighter 5 hitting its stride after a rocky start, and a new version of Guilty Gear Xrd air-dashing our way, the King of the Iron Fist Tournament will not be outdone.

Heavy: 9.5

The wait was definitely worth it. Tekken 7 embodies the best parts of the series and throws in some meaningful additions. The Story Mode turns out to be one the best parts of not only this entry, but in all of fighting game history. From a mechanical standpoint, the fighting is balanced well, plays amazingly and stands out even more thanks to its livestream friendly features. The visuals shine even brighter and the soundtrack continues the legacy of Tekken’s great OST history. It’s a bit disheartening to play through the shockingly short solo character stories and encounter the lackluster character customization options, though. Even still, Tekken 7 pulls away with the win and hits a high mark for fighting games.

Press Start: 9

At its core, Tekken 7 manages to prove that the series still has a place after 20 years, showing no signs of slowing down. Newcomers will find their way into the game quite easily, and experienced players will be able to jump back into it and find most of their favourite characters ready to go and familiar to play with. But while the game does a lot of things right, some long-time players will find the omission of modes or characters a little jarring.

GameReactor UK: 9

Bandai Namco has hit a home run here and has created a game that is easily accessible in the same way Tekken has almost always been - something that has made it so popular - but at the same time it has managed to bring about a lot of changes and added depth to make it appealing even to the pros, likely for years to come. "May I have a rematch?" has been the most commonly spoken phrase around these parts for a while, and will likely stay that way, because this is an excellent game.

The addition of Akuma is a stroke of genius that also makes it easier for Street Fighter players and fans of 2D fighting to get into the Tekken world.

IGN Italy: 8.6

One of the best games in the series gameplay-wise, a little short in terms of single player modes.

PlayStation Lifestyle: 8.5

Tekken 7 remains an addicting technical fighter that constantly beckons you for just one more round. There are so many moves for each character, mastering even one complete move set will take nothing less than complete dedication. While it doesn’t feel as though Namco Bandai has done much to innovate in the genre from the surface, those who prefer Tekken’s brand of fighting than those of Capcom’s or NetherRealm’s will be in for a treat. Fans of the series will feel right at home, while those looking to ease their way into the series will find a lot to chew on. All that being said, Tekken 7 is a formidable entry into the fighting genre, and will provide hundreds of hours of fun for fans and newcomers alike. Just be prepared to learn a lot of new stuff.
    I for one am happy the likes of Lei & Jun etc. are out from a personal point of view. They were frustrating characters to play against. So yeah, keep them away! I haven't played the game yet in an arcade or anything so I don't know what to make of the rage arts just yet. I think Akuma is a great addition and he still performs like a Street Fighter characters move-set yet still being in a 3D fighter so that was well done.

I'll be getting this on day 1 as well. I honestly think if people like casual online multiplayer like FPS's, FIFA, Rocket League or anything along the same lines they will LOVE this game. Fighters are so underrated online. They can be so intense and entertaining.

Who will your guys mains be? For me it'll be Yoshimitsu. I'll also play Paul & King. I'm not sure who I'll try to learn just yet.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not good enough to main anyone but I use Xiaoyu and Lili most

Some of those reviews say good customization options and others say lacking customization WHICH IS IT, THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME

Articles

FFXIV Character

xD

This game will bring in a new wave of noobs so you can test out Xiaoyu or Lili to eventually see who'll take the Pumpkin crown. Yoshimitsu has always been my main but characters moveset & stuff differ from game to game so it'll be interesting to see the changes and if they benefit the characters I use for my play-style or not.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

FFXIV Character

^ I'm looking forward to fighting you again, Rocket! I'll miss Jun from TTT2 as I started getting good with her, but I look forward to experimenting with some other characters. I never learnt how to play as Yoshi...maybe one day I'll beat you at your own game ;P

@Pumpkin - head to YouTube, search combo breaker Tekken 7 and watch the girl play as Xiaoyu. Let's both learn her and maybe that could be us sat there in a few years time xD

Also, I'm confused about the contrasting comments about customisation. I haven't bothered to customise before but I might start making myself stand out more!
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 05-31-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I don't have a PS4, just an XBoxOne. Looks like I may be the only one here with that.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    I don't have a PS4, just an XBoxOne. Looks like I may be the only one here with that.
    It's a shame that player bases are split due to no cross platform play. Do you want me to add you on to the list with your Gamer Tag?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

No I probably won't pick it up. Don't have a ton of time really to play anyhow. As it is I get about 30mins of game time a day only.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Lei Wulong has been in Tekken since part 2, and his unique move set really made him something different.

It's a shame he won't be back, and watching a good Lei player was something special. It's kinda like a good Yoshi player. It's fun to watch the tricky trap characters.

I'm really not very good anymore, but I'll try to polish up my King again so I can at least play some casual stuff. Right now, I'd be all button mashing and failing hard.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Dr. Bosconivitch was the worst "tricky trap" character to play against online, especially when the player just scooted him along across the floor, taking your legs out before you could even make a move.

Anyway, my copy has been dispatched!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Tricky trap eh? Who remembers this little monstrosity

tekken-gon.jpg

Str8 Pimpin'

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Gon was great to use for silly fun. Sure his low height made him annoying, but pretty much every character in the game had plenty of stuff to get him with. Plus they made him extra launch-able/juggle-able(sp?).

Even their joke characters were reasonably balanced in T3.