Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: Tekken EoFFight Club

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I respect opposing King's who can do chain grabs against me. Shows good execution. People who can fork out giant swing or tombstone whenever they feel like it also.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Speaking of which I just remembered a "secret" chain throw transition of sorts to make breaking it harder. It's not in the move list, but it still works, so that's a nice little bonus.

Just got to use that "secret" transition I mentioned on a Leo a few nights ago.

They were pretty good at breaking that one chain at a point between two regular chain-enders. So I'd either have to cut the chain way short with the early ender, or go for the longer chain where they'd consistently break it early. Then I remembered the unknown transition and it was all "tickets please!" and they started taking full rides on the pain train.

That Leo was still really good and beat the living trout out of me most rounds, but I learned a few things and that's good enough.

EDIT: Also, pudgy moogle is working on his Steve Fox, and it's getting solid. So look out Rocket!

Just got to use that "secret" transition I mentioned on a Leo a few nights ago.

They were pretty good at breaking that one chain at a point between two regular chain-enders. So I'd either have to cut the chain way short with the early ender, or go for the longer chain where they'd consistently break it early. Then I remembered the unknown transition and it was all "tickets please!" and they started taking full rides on the pain train.

That Leo was still really good and beat the living trout out of me most rounds, but I learned a few things and that's good enough.

EDIT: Also, pudgy moogle is working on his Steve Fox, and it's getting solid. So look out Rocket!

EDIT EDIT: Speaking of this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I've tried way it in the past (Like PS1 era), but I'm so used to D-pad that I felt like it set me too far back.

I thought the transition be easy from time in the arcades as a kid, but the home sticks just didn't feel the same. I've heard the sticks now are much better, but it's been many, many years since I've been to any sort of arcade. I think any ability I had with a stick would be gone.

I imagine stick would be better if I put the work in, it's just tough to accept letting go of all that time learning movements on the D-pad.

Plus good sticks are $100 dollars or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    I've never used an arcade stick, controller all the way. I'm with sharky; too expensive and I'd probably regret buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I use pad too :/ My concerns of buying a stick are the same as yours. I would like to try it at some point though!
    Have you guys seen hitbox controllers yet? It almost looks like cheating.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Looks awesome tbf but like you I'm so used to pad the transition would take forever. I've played against players who have the defensive backdash down to a tee and it's very hard to find any openings.