Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tekken EoFFight Club

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Haha it's fine, my brain often stops working too :P

I've been playing too much Tekken lately, the joint in my thumb is getting sore. This game is going to give me arthritis :/

I gave Tekken Tag 2 a go yesterday for the first time in ages. I miss Jun! But I forgot how much I hate people who are amazingly good at the Tag Assaults. It's like OK GIVE ME A FRICKIN CHANCE. Had some good fights though!

We can have that game tonight if you like, Rocket.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I remember nothing about TT2.

So much of the big damage stuff was specific to that game, and I did not put in the effort to learn any of it. I'd be hot garbage at that game by this point.

Okay, we have our second DLC character and the only thing I was correct about was that it is not a legacy character from the older Tekken games. It's a character from a new game.

I was expecting it to be a female character like 2B from Nier, or Aloy from Horizon, but they went in a decidedly different direction. I imagine there's several FF fans out there that are excited? What to you think?

For me personally, I don't know if I could care much less. I'm not angry or anything, just very neutral to it all. Maybe he'll be fun to use.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't played Tekken in a good while. I started out with Tekken 2 back in the day and have put so many hours into it over the years. Haven't been heavy into fighting games since Tekken 5. I still like them, they've just mostly been out of sight out of mind due to my focus on RPGs.

In a hypothetical scenario where EoFFers meet up and play classic Tekken games y'all can get these hands.

180px-Alex_TTT2CG.png

Articles

FFXIV Character

Noctis looks like he'll be a fun character to learn. Lame how they used Hammerhead as his stage though...should have been Insomnia.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

The gameplay I'e seen from Noctis looks like he'll be a lot of fun to learn!

Str8 Pimpin'

I've started playing this again. Come play with my pudgy moogle. I'm hoping you're at my skill level because I'm getting destroyed.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I've started playing this again. Come play with my pudgy moogle. I'm hoping you're at my skill level because I'm getting destroyed.
    I seen you playing the other day when I jumped on to play Wipeout! You disappeared shortly after though. I haven't played for quite some time. I did start learning Steve Fox and I got pretty good with him. Probably forgot everything again now though. I'll have to install the game from disc again sometime as I deleted the data to make room for stuff.

I thought about unleashing the Goose, but I'm all focused on relearning King right now.

Articles

FFXIV Character

I gave a go at learning King's chain grabs. Can do 3 of them in practice mode but against actual players I either can't find an opportunity to use them or else they keep breaking it. :/ I won't stop unless I pull of 1 though! And yeah if anyone wants games just let me know as always. (psn - novi_glitzko)

Str8 Pimpin'

It's probably because you're in much higher ranks. I can consistently land all of his chains.

That's because I'm still a scrubby scruberson of a player. Whenever I wind up playing a really good player with good reactions, defense, movement, etc. they all easily break my chain grabs. I really struggle with reacting fast enough to break throws myself. By the time my brains says "okay, that was a standard or special throw, hit LP or LP+RP" it's too late. I can usually hit the right button response, but hardly ever fast enough. Samething with dealing with rush down. Even if I know the character well enough to know how to respond to certain moves, my 30-something year old brain doesn't react fast enough for me to interrupt it or punish as consistently as I'd like. If I don't know the other character? Pffft. RIP King.

However, against people at my low skill level there's nothing more fun than landing the complete Burning Hammer, King's Bridge, or RDC chains.

Articles

FFXIV Character

I can consistently land his f,n,d,df,2+4 now which is good progress! Still haven't even attempted RDC. Those inputs are scary.

Str8 Pimpin'

It's actually not as bad as Burning Hammer input-wise, but the damage is slightly less.

The fights where I actually land the complete Burning Hammer chain people seem to not want a rematch. Which is crap, because I eat their ridiculous "counter hit my jab to a wall carry combo that eats 2/3s of my life bar" juggles and keep coming back.

I've never understood the hate for King's chain throws. They're breakable. Doesn't matter if I get my inputs right, you can still get out of it. There's so many crazy damage juggles that people have that you can't do anything about. Once you're in the air all you can do is wait for them to drop an input. Seems more than fair to me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kings chain throws are boring to sit through. When they connect you're basically watching a cutscene. It's frustrating.

I feel the same way about some of those long juggles. I.E. Master Raven, Lee, Akuma, Nina, etc.