Thread: Summer Videogames List

Default Summer Videogames List

With summer just around the corner and also vacations, I've decided to use that opportunity to make a list if games I've been wanting to beat. Feel free to post yours if you have any! Maybe we can motivate each other to finish our respective games!

So here goes:

FF I, II and III
    Fire Emblem Echoes
    Mega Man 1 and 2 (If I could just get past that Yellow Devil!!)
    Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
    Metroid Prime: Hunters
    Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken Let's Play - Sorry about the lack of updates on this one! I've been having technical difficulties.
    Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows

What's on your list for the summer?

Summer for me is the busy time of year at work, so no vacations and limited energy, but this is at the top of my "to-do" list for games.

Breath of the Wild (finding the last 5 shrines, finish quests, and upgrade armor)
    Final Fantasy XV (mainly the Gladio DLC)
    Dragon Quest IV (interrupted by Zelda, nearly finished)
    Dragon Quest V & VI to follow

Child of Light and Bravely Default have been on the back burner for a LONG time. It would be nice to finish those up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably just sticking around the Witcher 3. I bet this game is gonna take a while

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My summer list:
    fault milstone two side:above (beat)
    Final Fantasy IX (LP)
    Final Fantasy VIII (LP)
    Persona 5 (beat)
    Final Fantasy XV (start up again)
    Donkey Kong Country 2 (beat)
    Tekken 7 (beat story mode, customize characters)
    Dynasty Warriors 7 (beat)

I'll probably add more as time goes on

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Uncharted 4 and World of Final Fantasy now that the price on them both has dropped enough for my liking! Maybe get the Witcher 3 too if I can find a cheap goty edition.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Uncharted 4 and World of Final Fantasy now that the price on them both has dropped enough for my liking! Maybe get the Witcher 3 too if I can find a cheap goty edition.
    As with everyone, I highly recommend reading the books and playing the first two games first, since the games are continuations of the story of the books, especially 3. Not that it's crucial for you to appreciate it, but it's definitely the optimal option as you can get a full appreciation of what this world has to offer, and it's amazing. Seeing plot threads in the books get continued and resolved in 3 is just incredible.

Also, it's just a damn fun book series. Kind of a more tongue-in-cheek Game of Thrones.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Where do I even start? Discounting the games I don't currently own:

Final Fantasy IV (Playing, LPing)
    Tales of Zesteria (Playing)
    Danganronpa (1st in line, to LP)
    Umineko (2nd in line)
    Spyro 1 (3rd in line)
    Higurashi: When They Cry Ch. 1 Onikakushi (4th in line)

If we factor in games I want to purchase or get at some point:

Persona 5
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    Bravely Default
    Final Fantasy III
    Final Fantasy IX
    Tales of Berseria
    Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
    The Witcher Series (after reading the books)

Though obviously I won't be able to afford all of those. And the Witcher books will probably take me to bloody Autumn.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Final Fantasy XIV
    Overwatch
    Bravely Default

Articles
    Blog Entries

I plan on having If My Heart Had Wings and Higurashi Ch. 5 Meakashi beat before summer. But as for after that...

Dies irae
    Little Busters! English Edition
    The World Ends With You
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Persona 4 Golden
    Grisaia no Rakuen
    Persona 5
    Final Fantasy XV

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not counting games I'm close to the end with...

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (halfway through, need to finish)
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    The Last Guardian
    Persona 1 Snow Queen Quest (just started)
    Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (Need to finish)
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (want to do a new playthrough)
    Skies of Arcadia (Restart)
    Tales of Symphonia (Restart)
    Uncharted Franchise (I have somehow gotten all four of the main entries and haven't touched any of them)
    Assassin's Creed IV
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Need to finish)
    Illusion of Gaia
    Lufia: Fortress of Doom
    Bravely Default
    Maybe a NG+ of Persona 5...

EDITGA: I've decided to add P4 to the list, it's been such a long time since I did a real playthrough of it and I've garnered such a negative impression of the game since I played through it that I want to give it a fair shake.

Games that I'm currently working on that I'd like to finish throughout the summer:

Read Only Memories: Been dabbling with this one off and on, and enjoy it immensely whenever I fire it up, but I'm taking it slow and savoring it and for some odd reason I seem to only get about 45min to an hour at a time before I have to do some responsible adult thing like shopping or cleaning and out of all the games I'm about to list, I can readily admit I'm not giving myself enough fair time with this game. But it's not sullying my experience. It has a save anywhere mechanic and I'm never away from it long enough to forget anything

Furi - Just started this and am about halfway through, and it is a fantastic slog. Yeah it's a boss-rush, but the boss fights feel like stages, and they're fun and intense as all hell. Not something you get in mainstream boss fights. And the story is pretty fascinating so far

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Still working on this one, and still loving it every time I pop it in. Probably about 75% - 80% done with it. But that's because I actually enjoy the side quests and little distraction things you could call collectibles. I'm probably about 90% done with the story and could beat it over a weekend, but I'm savoring it

Gravity Rush: Remastered - Pretty much the same. I'm on Chapter 18 of 20 (I think I heard there's 20) So I'm real close and could easily just knock it out, but I keep getting distracted and playing it in small bites

The Last Guardian - No clue how far along I am in this one, it's honestly been a few months since I messed with it. I got majorly stuck in one segment, and after a few weeks I ended up looking up the answer but never got around to doing it. I want to get back into it and I know it'll draw me back in the rest of the way once I sit down with it

Persona 5 - Also pretty much same situation, except I actually picked this one back up recently and just messed around in the palace I was in when I left off, so I have a better handle of where I'm picking up from, but it's still been a long minute since I've been committed to it. And still gun shy of the 2 or 3 attacks that my main character is apparently susceptible to criticals with. But I want to slog through because I know the rest of the game is apparently pretty great and it's the first JRPG outside of a Tales game I've gotten so absorbed with in years. Bravely Default and Persona 4 are the only contenders

And I've been working on Dark Souls 2, finally got myself a strong viable character where I don't feel like the game is just toying with me and I actually stand a chance of accomplishing things. I'm close to LV120 and working towards the end of the game, and starting to feel like in a lot of ways I like it more than Dark Souls 1 and 3, they came up with a lot of improvements to the original in my particular playstyle, and there were a lot of great ideas that were just tossed in the garbage when they made Dark Souls 3 for no justifiable reason

And now that I have a bigger hard drive, I can finally play games I've owned but couldn't install which includes Mass Effect: Andromeda and Nier: Automata, and once I finish Gravity Rush I have the sequel ready to go

Oh yeah, since my girlfriend has lost interest in both Tales games for the PS4, we've taken up playing Divinity: Original Sin again and actually finishing it this time before the sequel comes out. And maybe some day we'll get back to those Tales games

...there's also a plethora of portable games I want to play and know I probably won't, because portable gaming feels to cramped for me. I never beat Bravely Default, Steins;Gate, Trails of Cold Steel, either Devil Survivor games, and haven't even started Bravely Second. And there's all the Fire Emblem games, which I love, but not only the cramped gaming space, I also have trouble with games that are constant battles (except for Furi for some reason)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Donkey Kong Country 2 (beat)
    Stop EVERYTHING. You have some work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Furi - Just started this and am about halfway through
    Well that one's out of the way now. Just beat it. May dabble on the harder difficulty in the future, but at least I feel no obligation to it now. Still a fantastic experience though

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is worth noting that this will probably take me longer than just the summer...

Final Fantasy VI
    Mass Effect 3
    Final Fantasy XV
    Mass Effect: Andromeda
    The Last Guardian

There are lots more, not to mention Red Dead Redemption 2 is out in the Autumn

These are my priorities though... first two are currently on the go!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I've started both FFIV and Nier Automata but since Tekken 7 has come out I've neglected them, so I should hopefully get back around to both of those at some point. Also the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy is out at the end of this month, really looking forward to jumping in to that even though I can't really afford anymore games due to an unforseen payment. It'll be the last game I buy for a while. Oh and I bought Red Dead Redemption a while back for £2 and the Mass Effect Trilogy for £10 - barely started RDR or the first ME. I don't have a TV in my bedroom at the moment so I don't really get a chance to hog the TV in the front room to play those.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>