Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

So can we go ahead and lynch Adama already?

##Vote: Adama

I'll be home in around 5 hours and unfortunately this is the only post I can get in until then. I fully expect to be lynched today. Only thing I can hope for is that a power role found actual scum or can clear me. Roslin should be dead if they really were a power role. I really have no other defense at this point. I have to assume roslin is bold scum since caprica flipped town. Roslin should claim as everyone already believes them to be a power role so there is no reason to hide. If I'm lucky she gets counterclaimed or caught lying. If not, I'm dead.

I do believe I asked you a question Roslin.

And you were convinced Dee is mafia, you haven't mentioned that belief changing since yesterday, but now you're in a hurry to lynch Adama without discussion? I'll have to ask you to explain yourself here. Yeah, he's in an uncomfortable position right now, but flipping from someone you were certain of, even claimed to have info on, without so much as a word to why? That's a bit weird I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    So can we go ahead and lynch Adama already?

##Vote: Adama
    What happened to lynching Dee, Madame President? You seemed so confident; did you have any power-based reason to suspect her or are you making this up as you go along?

I don't have any reason to suspect Dee anymore, and Adama has pretty much revealed the mafia's thought process to us all.

So yeah, he's the lynch target for today.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    I don't have any reason to suspect Dee anymore, and Adama has pretty much revealed the mafia's thought process to us all.

So yeah, he's the lynch target for today.
    Well I'm gonna have to ask you to elaborate on that one Madame President. In all likelihood they tried to kill you last night after you fiercely pushed to kill Dee. But now you have 'no reason to suspect' her? What the frack happened to make you think like that?

No reason to suspect Dee anymore? Explain. Stop being vague and trying to dodge the questions.

That's fine. I accept you'd want to lynch me. I accept that most people want to lynch me. I tried to read the situation, and at least partially failed. If it seems apparent I'm going to be lynched, which is totally reasonable, I'll go ahead and role claim because I think it might be important.

I'm still not entirely convinced you're not some sort of third party player, though Roslin. I do find it interesting that you were 100% certain Dee was mafia yesterday, and now you have no reason to think that she is. Plus you still won't try and give any information about how you have this information, or how information that was so certain yesterday is irrelevant today.

I bluffed a guilty result on Dee to see how they and everyone else would respond.

I find it kind of insane that Adama is STILL pushing the idea of me being a Jester/Lyncher, and following Dee's logic on this point with no real basis for it. Between Dee and Adama, he is more likely to be revealed as scum at this point.

Also, it was really obvious that D'Anna was scum after how they posted and voted at the end of Day 2. Happy to see them killed for it.

It was obvious D'anna was scum from those two posts and their vote? A vote they cast as a tie breaker to end a stalemate between eight of us that wasn't even being resolved in overtime until they cast theirs? Did you take a marijuana? If you suspected they might be mafia why did you say nothing at all?

And you bluffed to get a reaction? So best case scenario you admit you're a liar and worst case you knew you'd be caught having no information about Dee's guilt.

Personally, I'm not going to trust someone who not only tells stories that don't add up but admit to being a liar themselves. I don't buy into the jester thoughts or whatever that much. It's possible, but I find it more likely they're just overly aggressive mafia,or even a distractingly annoying and utterly insane vanilla towny.

So what's my worst case here? Roslin is a jester, we lynch, they win but we can also go on to win as well and we lose a clear liar and source of confusion? I'll take that chance. I think they knew they were about to be caught in a pretty big lie which is either insane town strategy or an obvious mafia strategy.

##vote Roslin

My reasoning is my own.

There's plenty of a basis for possible Jester/Lyncher. Day one, you claimed pretty much everyone was mafia. That's standard practice for you, though. After leading the charge and getting Apollo lynched day one, you made a strong claim to get Dee lynched, and you now claim you had no basis for. It was supposedly a bluff. However, you expected people to take you completely at your word with no explanation and decided those who didn't would be likely scum. Even after you were already wrong on the first lynch.

You lied about your solid Dee evidence, which it appears I was correct to doubt the voracity of, and now you expect people to accept that and trust you on who to go after next? You're basically suggesting punishing people for not trusting you, when they clearly had good reason not to trust you. Your weird behavior lead to a split between groups that helped get a VT lynched because you thought everyone who was a good guy would just trust you.

Maybe your are just a townie with the tact and subtlety of a nail bat, but if there's any reasoning that sounds insane right now it's yours. It still seems like Jester/Lyncher to me.

Go ahead and lead the charge for my lynching too. I can admit it makes a certain amount of sense right now. I'm just really curious to see what your brilliant rationalizing will be when it turns out I'm not what you think I am.
    Last edited by [M] Adama; 06-14-2017 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aaron View Post
    It was obvious D'anna was scum from those two posts and their vote? A vote they cast as a tie breaker to end a stalemate between eight of us that wasn't even being resolved in overtime until they cast theirs? Did you take a marijuana? If you suspected they might be mafia why did you say nothing at all?

And you bluffed to get a reaction? So best case scenario you admit you're a liar and worst case you knew you'd be caught having no information about Dee's guilt.

Personally, I'm not going to trust someone who not only tells stories that don't add up but admit to being a liar themselves. I don't buy into the jester thoughts or whatever that much. It's possible, but I find it more likely they're just overly aggressive mafia,or even a distractingly annoying and utterly insane vanilla towny.

So what's my worst case here? Roslin is a jester, we lynch, they win but we can also go on to win as well and we lose a clear liar and source of confusion? I'll take that chance. I think they knew they were about to be caught in a pretty big lie which is either insane town strategy or an obvious mafia strategy.

##vote Roslin
    Uh yeah, it was obvious. Your overreaction to my assessment of her makes you a likely candidate for her scummate now. Nice job.

How would I have any opportunity to say something when the day phase ends immediately upon her vote being cast? She was the swing vote, and naturally the swing vote attracts the most heat. However, her vote seemed completely forced. Whimsical, you could say. You could interpret that to mean it didn't matter to her whether Caprica or Dee are mafia, maybe because neither were mafia to her. This is of course assuming that Dee is inno.

I didn't lie. I bluffed. If I were a liar, would I really be telling you about this right now? Didn't think so.

Also, there's absolutely another killing role in the game, and apparently there are two mafia. I would like for someone to clarify whether or not this is true because I couldn't find anything about it in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Adama View Post
    There's plenty of a basis for possible Jester/Lyncher. Day one, you claimed pretty much everyone was mafia. That's standard practice for you, though.
    Right. If it's standard practice (which it isn't), and you're basing it off of meta (which is unwise), then it's not basis to suggest I'm the Jester or Executioner. Next.

After leading the charge and getting Apollo lynched day one, you made a strong claim to get Dee lynched
    I sure did. I think the fact that I was willing to lead a lynch on Day 1 is pretty good reason to believe I'm not mafia. After all it's pretty incriminating to lynch town. By the way, if you're going to use this as evidence to suggest I'm a Jester or Executioner, then you lynching town on Day 2 is just as much proof of you being the Jester or Executioner.

and you now claim you had no basis for. It was supposedly a bluff. However, you expected people to take you completely at your word with no explanation and decided those who didn't would be likely scum. Even after you were already wrong on the first lynch.
    Bluffing is a perfectly valid tactic, especially in closed setup games where no one knows which roles are in the game. We have no idea whether or not there's a Cop, a Tracker, or a Vigilante in this game. I was partially testing to see if there was a Vig who would shoot Dee, or if there was someone else who could come forward and out her as scum. Since no one has spoken up, I have no reason to believe she's mafia.

Your weird behavior lead to a split between groups that helped get a VT lynched because you thought everyone who was a good guy would just trust you.
    Are you seriously trying to blame me for Caprica's lynch? One of us lynched her, and that person wasn't me.

Pushing to see how people react is a good tactic. Faking a red scan or whatever you were bluffing is pushing it. It can be effective in the hands of a skilled player, but more often than not it just ends up with a lot of town needlessly dead, especially when you don't retract your claim after you seen how everyone has responded and before they're actually about to die. If I had got killed and flipped, would you really expect anyone to believe you faked it to test a theory? Pretty much the only thing I can agree with you on is that we likely don't have a vig, as if we did I'd have expected them to shoot me. But mafia are dying somehow. So either there are or 2 factions (which I'm doubting now, as both mafia flips haven't indicated that this is the case) or we have a veteran or some other town killing role. Maybe a re-directer that's making them kill themselves.

Well now Roslin, you're sure making my life difficult here. I was hoping to get through today without painting a target on my back, but you don't seem to be taking the hint and town needs to know this information.

I protected you last night, Roslin. And seeing as the only one to die last night was a toaster, I'm fairly sure they tried to kill you. And why wouldn't they? We all expected you had some kind of power role. Do I now believe you were full of it? Absolutely. Frankly I wish I'd let you die. Even if that wins you the game better than having you causing chaos. I'm going to assume that you're some kind of 3rd party from now on though and will just ignore everything you say. I don't know what your game is here, but you sure as hell don't feel like a town to me.

So, now that's in the open, the fact is that you are still alive. So as much as you may have abandoned your bluff now, there's a good chance it was right on the money. Dee... I didn't want to believe it. That one of my own officers could be fracking scum. But I will do anything to keep this ship safe; and you being a toaster is the most likely reason for an attempt on Roslin last night.

##Vote: Dee