Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Tigh View Post
    Well now Roslin, you're sure making my life difficult here. I was hoping to get through today without painting a target on my back, but you don't seem to be taking the hint and town needs to know this information.

I protected you last night, Roslin. And seeing as the only one to die last night was a toaster, I'm fairly sure they tried to kill you. And why wouldn't they? We all expected you had some kind of power role. Do I now believe you were full of it? Absolutely. Frankly I wish I'd let you die. Even if that wins you the game better than having you causing chaos. I'm going to assume that you're some kind of 3rd party from now on though and will just ignore everything you say. I don't know what your game is here, but you sure as hell don't feel like a town to me.

So, now that's in the open, the fact is that you are still alive. So as much as you may have abandoned your bluff now, there's a good chance it was right on the money. Dee... I didn't want to believe it. That one of my own officers could be fracking scum. But I will do anything to keep this ship safe; and you being a toaster is the most likely reason for an attempt on Roslin last night.

##Vote: Dee
    Oh cool. So it looks like I successfully duped the mafia into thinking I was a cop, and confirmed Dee as mafia without actually being the real cop.

I was also hoping for this outcome. If the mafia targeted me, that must mean I was right about Dee and they believed I was the real cop because of that. A doctor would be able to confirm if this was the case.

As long as you aren't fake claiming, we should have this game on lock.

##Unvote

Well, Tigh's update helps a lot. That's reasoning I can get behind for a vote.

On the small chance it turns out Dee is a lyncher target, I'm going to go ahead and congratulate the Lyncher now. That's a well played game.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    I bluffed a guilty result on Dee to see how they and everyone else would respond.
    Jesus christ man. I mean I like that people are actually making plays like these but daaaamn. Never expected anyone to take a bluff that far. What was your contigency plan for if Dee had been the one to be lynched, and she had flipped town? Reveal that you were actually just bluffing the next day? Cause that totally would've worked

Oh well, Tigh's testimony is pretty good grounds to trust you anyways.

Not sure if that actually means Dee is the Mafia though. Aaron is also standing out with his defense of D'Anna's playstyle. Though now that I think about it, if Dee was not scum then the Mafia would surely know Roslin wouldn't flip Cop or something like that and thus invalidate her accusation of Dee before being able to reap the benefits of the situation... at the same time, I do feel like Dee was acting relatively towny yesterday, inviting reflection and discussion in response to being accused rather than just saying Roslin is full of trout and leaving it at that like so many others seem to like doing.

You know, I could imagine situations in which Roslin is still scum and this is all some clever play to get a townie killed, but that would require believing Roslin is particularly clever which I don't. So let's see how Dee flips and go from there.

##unvote
    ##vote: Dee

But for the record Roslin, a bluff is a defacto lie (its right there in the definition of the word) and leading a lynch on a townie day one isn't that suspicious on its own. Someone has to be lynched and odds are you hit a townie due to the lack of information. But you're a fountain of erroneous assumptions so it's not surprising to me you'd make another one. It's also hilarious to me that no matter what happens you pretend to have known it all along, or it was your clever plan from the beginning. It's laughable. Either you're so full of trout you're trying to take credit for everything or your ego is so fragile you can't handle being wrong. Regardless of reason though, you are the sketchiest person here because of all of it.

Let me be clear here Gaius. I didn't defend D'annas playstyle. I pointed out the absurdity of Roslins claim that it was obvious she was mafia from one vote at the end of a day that split everyone. She's full of it. She's been full of it since day one. If we didn't have Tigh's claims to test and no apparent counter claim to refute him, we'd all be voting Roslin right now because we all know they've been sketchy as hell all game long. So if they eventually flip mafia I'd say Tigh is the other mafia.

I don't really consider Roslin's claims indicative of Mafia. Like sure she talks in absolutes a lot but that's all it is. Maybe that's just me though *shrug*

We're getting dangerously close to a lockdown though. Tigh, Roslin, Adama, Aaron. I'd prefer it we still heard from Helo before we forget about his existence entirely.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BEGIN/

CALCULATING CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

[OVC]

| Day Three |
    Twenty-Eight Hours Remain

Dee - 4 / 5 (Tigh, Roslin, Adama, Aaron)

Adama - 0 / 5
    (Roslin)
    Roslin - 0 / 5
    (Aaron)

(Dee, Felix Gaius and Helo are yet to vote)

VOTE COUNT PROTOCOLS HAVE A 99% ACCURACY RATING, BUT DO NOT HESITATE TO INFORM THIS CYLON MODEL IF AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED.

YOU ARE ABLE TO JUMP TO THE LATEST OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT BY TYPING IN BRACKETED LETTER CONFIGURATION IN YOUR WEB BROWSER'S SEARCH TOOL.

AT CURRENT STATE, THE 'DEE' HUMAN WILL BE ELIMINATED.

END/

I'm not scum. And I'd appreciate it if you'd let everyone chime in before you majority me off the cliff. Give a chance for someone to CC or cop to come forward with actual mafia or something. And I do agree with Gaius about needing to hear from Helo, especially since they never came back yesterday despite their promise and were the only one to stay out of the me / caprica fiasco that went down.

Kill Roslin after I die. If they flip town kill Tigh. And somebody needs to look into helo.

Very well.

##unvote

Fair enough, we're close to a majority lock down and we haven't heard from everyone. Aaron already unvoted you. If it looks like you're about to get lynched before Helo shows up, I'll try to temporarily unvote as well. I have to say, it doesn't look good for you though.

I'm also wondering where Helo is.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BEGIN/

I HAVE BEEN MONITORING THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE 'HELO' HUMAN. I HAVE MESSAGED THIS HUMAN WITH A REMINDER TO BE ACTIVE. IF THERE IS NO ACTIVITY BY THE CLOSE OF DAY, I WILL MOVE TO REPLACE THE 'HELO' HUMAN WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

END/

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Adama View Post
    Fair enough, we're close to a majority lock down and we haven't heard from everyone. Aaron already unvoted you. If it looks like you're about to get lynched before Helo shows up, I'll try to temporarily unvote as well. I have to say, it doesn't look good for you though.

I'm also wondering where Helo is.
    Give Felix a chance to weigh in too since we haven't heard from him either. If neither Felix nor Helo has anything else to offer, I accept that I'm the correct lynch today from everyone's else's point of view. I will point out that I'm not trying to claim a PR or anything here which is what mafia would want to do in this situation to stay alive, but I realize I'm too big a question mark now thanks to Roslin. I just ask that after they both post you let me get in one final post of reads on everyone before you off me.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Gaius View Post
    Jesus christ man. I mean I like that people are actually making plays like these but daaaamn. Never expected anyone to take a bluff that far. What was your contigency plan for if Dee had been the one to be lynched, and she had flipped town? Reveal that you were actually just bluffing the next day? Cause that totally would've worked

Oh well, Tigh's testimony is pretty good grounds to trust you anyways.

Not sure if that actually means Dee is the Mafia though. Aaron is also standing out with his defense of D'Anna's playstyle. Though now that I think about it, if Dee was not scum then the Mafia would surely know Roslin wouldn't flip Cop or something like that and thus invalidate her accusation of Dee before being able to reap the benefits of the situation... at the same time, I do feel like Dee was acting relatively towny yesterday, inviting reflection and discussion in response to being accused rather than just saying Roslin is full of trout and leaving it at that like so many others seem to like doing.
    I had no contingency plan for it. I would have explained that I was bluffing today regardless, even though it might not have mattered and I could have been lynched today either way. It's basically a high risk, high reward play.

Tigh is confirming that I was protected last night. There's been two kills a night so far, meaning that I was targeted. And I would only have been targeted if I were right about Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aaron View Post
    You know, I could imagine situations in which Roslin is still scum and this is all some clever play to get a townie killed, but that would require believing Roslin is particularly clever which I don't. So let's see how Dee flips and go from there.
    We have a Doctor explicitly confirming that they protected me last night. That clears me from being scum.

But for the record Roslin, a bluff is a defacto lie (its right there in the definition of the word)
    Apparently it worked, though.

But you're a fountain of erroneous assumptions so it's not surprising to me you'd make another one. It's also hilarious to me that no matter what happens you pretend to have known it all along, or it was your clever plan from the beginning. It's laughable. Either you're so full of trout you're trying to take credit for everything or your ego is so fragile you can't handle being wrong. Regardless of reason though, you are the sketchiest person here because of all of it.
    First of all, what's with the personal insults dude? Telling someone they have a fragile ego isn't talking game, it's a personal attack. That's kind of low, man.

It actually was my plan. Lynching town Day 1 wasn't part of my plan, it was an unfortunate outcome. But I don't regret the lynch or the process because it was necessary to get the game rolling. However, Day 2 was completely part of my plan. I wanted to try something risky and see how it unfolds. If I can successfully lynch Dee and she flips mafia, then it worked out.

Maybe you shouldn't try to throw out personal insults or try to diminish my gameplay until we actually see the results.

We have someone claiming to be a doctor claiming to have protected you last night. You're not cleared until that claim can be proven one way or another.

And it's not an attempt to insult, it's an attempt to figure out exactly why you claim to have known every bit of info that's revealed when the notion that every single thing was obvious or that you even have a plan that detailed is absurd. You don't plan. You throw out accusations left and right and when something happens to stick pretend that you're on top of everything like some sort of master strategist. It's an act that I see right through sir. I have no doubt when you lied about Dee you were hoping to see what happened. But beyond that I don't buy that you predicted anything else. Partly because I still don't 100% buy into you being town at all. If you and Tigh are mafia working together then it makes just as much sense that you faked a protection to keep you alive because let's face it. You were dead without him. For all we know there may not even be a doctor in the game.