Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    Give Felix a chance to weigh in too since we haven't heard from him either. If neither Felix nor Helo has anything else to offer, I accept that I'm the correct lynch today from everyone's else's point of view.
    Sorry, I don't have any game-changing information, I'm afraid. I will say that I don't think you're mafia, but that's just a gut feeling. I'm not voting for anyone just yet, I need to think some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Roslin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron
    Roslin is particularly clever which I don't. So let's see how Dee flips and go from there.
    We have a Doctor explicitly confirming that they protected me last night. That clears me from being scum.
    We have a potential Doctor saying that you were protected. Obviously I'm buying it for now because it matches last night's turn of events, and just seems to make sense. Still, nothing is confirmed until we see the results of today's lynch.

With Felix's current input, I have no plans to move my vote just yet. I'll unlynch Dee if it looks safe to do so in the interest of discussion, but I don't want to create a situation where mafia could quickly move their votes onto another person in an attempt to get majority lock down on a random.

I'm trusting Tigh because it's the best avenue of action I see right now, not because I'm positive he's not also bluffing. I'd rather lynch Dee incorrectly based on current evidence than get someone else lynched because I was tricked into pulling my vote off just so we can all have a chat.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aaron View Post
    We have someone claiming to be a doctor claiming to have protected you last night. You're not cleared until that claim can be proven one way or another.
    Every player except Helo has posted, and nobody has counterclaimed as Doctor. He's the Doctor. The sooner you accept that, the easier this game is.

And it's not an attempt to insult, it's an attempt to figure out exactly why you claim to have known every bit of info that's revealed when the notion that every single thing was obvious or that you even have a plan that detailed is absurd. You don't plan. You throw out accusations left and right and when something happens to stick pretend that you're on top of everything like some sort of master strategist. It's an act that I see right through sir. I have no doubt when you lied about Dee you were hoping to see what happened. But beyond that I don't buy that you predicted anything else. Partly because I still don't 100% buy into you being town at all. If you and Tigh are mafia working together then it makes just as much sense that you faked a protection to keep you alive because let's face it. You were dead without him. For all we know there may not even be a doctor in the game.
    You're pretty wrong about that.

Scumhunting Day 1 IS a plan. You're acting like scumhunting is a bad thing, which is pretty ludicrous. Someone who puts in an honest effort and attempts to have a conversation with every player is playing a townie game. Someone who suspects every player (as they should) and pressures them to see who is likely to flip mafia is playing an aggressive, but townie game. Nothing you can say changes that fact.

And I've already explained my Day 2 plan. I'm not repeating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Adama View Post
    We have a potential Doctor saying that you were protected. Obviously I'm buying it for now because it matches last night's turn of events, and just seems to make sense. Still, nothing is confirmed until we see the results of today's lynch.
    Why are you trying to diminish their claim? Only one player has yet to post today, and no one else has counter claimed.

With Felix's current input, I have no plans to move my vote just yet. I'll unlynch Dee if it looks safe to do so in the interest of discussion, but I don't want to create a situation where mafia could quickly move their votes onto another person in an attempt to get majority lock down on a random.
    Why are you acting so sketchy about this vote? You're using far too much hedging language and trying to distance yourself from lynching Dee. Just commit to it.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Felix View Post
    Sorry, I don't have any game-changing information, I'm afraid. I will say that I don't think you're mafia, but that's just a gut feeling. I'm not voting for anyone just yet, I need to think some more.
    We're on Day 3. This is far too little information to offer up at this stage of the game.

Felix has to be mafia.

I'd like if we could wait for Helo before we majority kill me. I realize it's a long shot, but it's the only chance I have to prove my innocence at this point. And if you lose me + 2 town tonight you're in lylo tomorrow, and if helo claims doc there you're kind of in a pickle. Even if he doesn't show up I still have the most votes on me and will die anyway. If it gets to be like an hour until end of day and helo is still awol, you can hammer me then if it makes you feel safer.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    We're on Day 3. This is far too little information to offer up at this stage of the game.

Felix has to be mafia.
    Oh no, he's taking time to think. Therefore he mafia.

Honestly, you're the one who looks most scummy to me, Roslin. But I thought Caprica was mafia too, so clearly my instincts aren't up too much this mafia game.

Oh, to hell with it. I'm far from convinced that Dee is mafia, and my gut says you're the one most likely to be mafia. So...

##Vote: Roslin

Roslin is trying awfully hard to push the whole no counter claim means Tigh is a doctor thing when there being no doctor at all would also mean no counter claim.

Screw it, I'm trusting my very human gut after all. There's too much that just doesn't sit right about them.

##vote: Roslin

Oh no, he's taking time to think. Therefore he mafia.

Honestly, you're the one who looks most scummy to me, Roslin. But I thought Caprica was mafia too, so clearly my instincts aren't up too much this mafia game.

Oh, to hell with it. I'm far from convinced that Dee is mafia, and my gut says you're the one most likely to be mafia. So...

##Vote: Roslin
    You've had over 24 hours to "think." You haven't contributed anything in Day 3, and have been laying low the entire game.

Now you're voting me without offering up any explanation of your own, primarily because you lack any insight into the actual game. You haven't been scumhunting, you haven't been pressuring anyone, and you've just been coasting off of the opinions of others.

From my point of view, you're 100% scum.

Roslin is trying awfully hard to push the whole no counter claim means Tigh is a doctor thing when there being no doctor at all would also mean no counter claim.

Screw it, I'm trusting my very human gut after all. There's too much that just doesn't sit right about them.

##vote: Roslin
    How are you in any position to say there's no Doctor? Do you have evidence? If you're going to call someone a liar, you better back it up.

I also find it interesting that both you and Felix are "going with your gut." I still think you're town, you're just horribly misguided and refuse to listen. I've refuted all of your points against me, and you're still tied up on me for whatever reason.

It seems more like Felix is piggybacking off of Aaron to protect their scummate Dee.

You really need to take your own advice. You haven't refuted a single thing. Your entire argument hinges on Tigh being a doctor and protecting you. But none of us knows for certain there is even a doctor in the game which is my point. But because it would be convenient for you if it's true you pretend that it's a forgone conclusion. You essentially claim there's definitely a doctor, it has to be Tigh and he had to have protected you. But it's all based on an assumption. A fact you keep trying to pretend isn't true.

Honestly, no townie would be convinced of any role being in a closed game with no evidence if they're on their game. They may run with it for a time until it's verified in some way but it hasn't been and if you pretend otherwise you're lying. Add that on top of your other lies and misinformation and I'm even less convinced your town. If you are you're a townie who's every bit as dangerous as any mafia member to us.

So yeah, my vote stands. You make far too many unfounded assumptions, tell too many lies, and sow too much confusion. If voting you end up losing us the game so be it. I stand by my opinion that you can't be allowed to continue on in this.

In case it wasn't clear, I have no evidence there's no doctor but it's a possibility since we don't know the roles in play and I recognize it's possible. You have no proof there is a doctor but act as if it's unassailable fact to the point of asking me to prove it false. No townie would be that convinced based on nothing but Tighs word.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    Why are you trying to diminish their claim? Only one player has yet to post today, and no one else has counter claimed.

Why are you acting so sketchy about this vote? You're using far too much hedging language and trying to distance yourself from lynching Dee. Just commit to it.
    It's amazing how sensitive you are. I haven't moved my vote specifically to do my part to avoid any potential mafia shenanigans because, as I already stated, Tigh's claim matches well enough. It's the most firm claim we have to go on right now.

We've had mafia games in the past where someone was quiet and an important town PR that got killed off because we all got an itchy trigger finger. Just because I'm waiting for Helo to post doesn't even necessarily mean it will be enough to change my mind.

Why aren't you more worried about the people that haven't voted at all, if this is such a concern to you? Why not just wait for Helo to post?

You really need to take your own advice. You haven't refuted a single thing.
    I've responded to every single one of your posts, and every point against me. So yeah, I have refuted everything.

Your entire argument hinges on Tigh being a doctor and protecting you. But none of us knows for certain there is even a doctor in the game which is my point.
    I agree, there's no certainty that there's a doctor in the game. But it makes complete sense for there to be a doctor. It's a staple mafia role, and their gameplay actually fits the bill. They claimed the role at a time where it would potentially expose mafia, which is exactly what a doctor should do.

This leads me to believe Tigh is the doctor.

But because it would be convenient for you if it's true you pretend that it's a forgone conclusion. You essentially claim there's definitely a doctor, it has to be Tigh and he had to have protected you. But it's all based on an assumption. A fact you keep trying to pretend isn't true.
    We're into Day 3 now. This is the time where we need to start roleclaiming if we have information. You're right to be skeptical, but I think you're being a bit TOO skeptical.

Honestly, no townie would be convinced of any role being in a closed game with no evidence if they're on their game. They may run with it for a time until it's verified in some way but it hasn't been and if you pretend otherwise you're lying. Add that on top of your other lies and misinformation and I'm even less convinced your town. If you are you're a townie who's every bit as dangerous as any mafia member to us.
    And no townie would be convinced that there definitely ISN'T a role in a closed game with no evidence on if they're not in the game. You could use the exact same logic to counter your own point.

My main argument is that there's more than enough reason to believe there IS a doctor in this game, and there's reason to believe that doctor is Tigh.

Also, what other "lies and misinformation" are you even talking about? I BLUFFED once, explicitly owned up to it, and that's it. There aren't any lies. There's no misinformation.

In case it wasn't clear, I have no evidence there's no doctor but it's a possibility since we don't know the roles in play and I recognize it's possible. You have no proof there is a doctor but act as if it's unassailable fact to the point of asking me to prove it false. No townie would be that convinced based on nothing but Tighs word.
    It's more likely that there's a doctor than it is that there is no doctor. If you have proof, or you are the doctor, speak up and counter claim him. Otherwise I'm going to take Tigh at his word because it makes little sense not to.

It's amazing how sensitive you are. I haven't moved my vote specifically to do my part to avoid any potential mafia shenanigans because, as I already stated, Tigh's claim matches well enough. It's the most firm claim we have to go on right now.
    It has nothing to do with being "sensitive." Don't really know where that is coming from. I'm questioning you because you were acting really dodgy about the doctor claim.

Why aren't you more worried about the people that haven't voted at all, if this is such a concern to you? Why not just wait for Helo to post?
    I have no problem with waiting for Helo to post. It just seemed like you were trying to distance yourself from the lynch.

You seem to be assuming that there's only one Doctor. The Cylon Commander never said that there was only one of each role. Unless you know something the rest of us don't?

Firstly Roslin, responding to my every point isn't the same as refuting them.

Second, assuming there must be a doctor because it's a staple role is silly. We've already had one unusual role in this game so there's no reason to assume anything is standard until we can confirm.

Third, you actually can't use the same logic to counter my point because I'm not the one speaking in absolutes and making assumptions. I'm remaining open to all possibilities. You try to shut down every possibility that doesn't mesh with the narrative that keeps you alive. You're trying so hard to convince people that your narrative is true despite a lack of any evidence that it's suspicious as hell.

You seem to be assuming that there's only one Doctor. The Cylon Commander never said that there was only one of each role. Unless you know something the rest of us don't?
    Actually, I am the second Doctor. If you check back, you'll see the toasters have already lost a doctor. So for there to be another Doctor besides me would actually make a total of 3 for the game... which I do doubt.

Now, I must say that I can't be completely certain of Dee's guilt. All I know for certain is this:

- I protected Roslin
    - Roslin didn't die.
    - Nobody from town died.

There are a hundred different shenanigans that could create that outcome. However, it came after Roslin pushed hard for Dee - bluff or no. If the scum attacked Roslin and Dee isn't a part of that group, then they've played me for a damn fool. I know it's a possibility, but as the XO I have to make tough decisions.

What I am interested in is why, if you think I am lying, are you voting for Roslin instead of me? I'm the one who role claimed, I'm the one who said she was protected. There's no ambiguity about it: either I'm telling the truth (in which case the odds of Roslin being a Cylon are incredibly low), or I'm lying in which case I'm scum. And yet you persist in targeting her? Don't get me wrong, I'd happily toss her out the airlock just to see the darn look on her face. But I'm concerned how you're ignoring huge red flags just because she rubs you up the wrong way.