Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

I'd completely forgotten that a Doctor had already died, actually. But, like I said, the Cylon Commander never stated what roles were in play, or how many of each role there are. So, I'm willing to accept that you're a Doctor. But, you protecting Roslin doesn't necessarily mean anything: you could have protected them without them being targeted. Unless you're saying that you were told by the Cylon Commander that the person you protected was targeted?

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BEGIN/

CALCULATING CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

[OVC]

| Day Three |
    Twenty Hours and One Minute Remain

Dee - 3
    / 5 (Tigh, Roslin, Adama, Aaron)
    Roslin - 2 / 5 (Felix, Aaron)

Adama - 0 / 5
    (Roslin)

(Dee, Gaius and Helo are yet to vote)

VOTE COUNT PROTOCOLS HAVE A 99% ACCURACY RATING, BUT DO NOT HESITATE TO INFORM THIS CYLON MODEL IF AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED.

YOU ARE ABLE TO JUMP TO THE LATEST OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT BY TYPING IN BRACKETED LETTER CONFIGURATION IN YOUR WEB BROWSER'S SEARCH TOOL.

AT CURRENT STATE, THE 'DEE' HUMAN WILL BE ELIMINATED.

END/

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Felix View Post
    I'd completely forgotten that a Doctor had already died, actually. But, like I said, the Cylon Commander never stated what roles were in play, or how many of each role there are. So, I'm willing to accept that you're a Doctor. But, you protecting Roslin doesn't necessarily mean anything: you could have protected them without them being targeted. Unless you're saying that you were told by the Cylon Commander that the person you protected was targeted?
    No, I don't know for certain that she was targeted. However, no town died. Either someone else who was targeted was protected - which seems quite the large coincidence to me - or the scum didn't strike or weren't able to strike for some other reason.

Again, possible, but I don't see the point in speculating much about other explanations we have no possible knowledge of when we have a perfectly plausible explanation right here.

It's possible you could be lying Tigh. It's also possible you are a doctor but Roslin is still mafia. Since they're the sketchiest person here I'll go with them over you for now personally. Out of curiosity, who did you protect the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aaron View Post
    It's possible you could be lying Tigh. It's also possible you are a doctor but Roslin is still mafia. Since they're the sketchiest person here I'll go with them over you for now personally. Out of curiosity, who did you protect the other night?
    Why, the Old Man of course! Gods know the mess I'd make running this ship if anything happened to him.

Helo still hasn’t responded yet and I won't be on for end of day tomorrow due to work, so I'm just going to get this in now.

##Vote: Roslin

This should tie us both at 3:3 meaning either of us still need two more votes before we hit majority, so I'm not too worried about that for the moment. I'd still advise against letting either of us hit majority before Helo shows up though. If Helo doesn't show up this forces Gaius to act as tiebreaker, as he's the only other person to not have voted. I do think forcing everyone to vote is good, as regardless of the lynch outcome it helps you get a better read on them than if they had just stayed AWOL. It's why we're all having a hard time getting any sort of red on Helo. What I do find interesting is that Helo got a prod for inactivity when at the time he had actually posted more recently than Felix, who received no such prod. Could suggest Helo was a power role that didn't get their night action in. If he ends up getting replaced, it's something worth asking the sub about.

I don't know Rolsin's alignment, but a possible scum lynch is better than a guaranteed mislynch in my book. If I die today, you need to take her out tomorrow. She'll have two mislynches under her belt then (apollo and me) as will adama and tigh (caprica and me). Roslin and tigh are linked by their claims, and it's better to risk her than doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    If Helo doesn't show up this forces Gaius to act as tiebreaker
    Oh, I bet he's just itchin' for the chance to swoop in at the last minute with a deciding vote. Gods I can picture the look on his smug face when he does it... That is if the sniveling rat can pluck up the courage to lynch someone.

That's the thing about Gaius fracking Baltar; you can always feel him behind you, knife in hand, waiting for the chance to bury it in your spine for his own gain. But behind the narcissism beats the heart of a coward. He could well vote for someone on 0 votes, just so he doesn't have to take responsibility for what happens here today and save his own worthless skin. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Still, he was close to that Caprica woman, and she was not quiet in her suspicions of you Dee, even on day 1. I wonder which'll win out this time for the great doctor. His reason, fear... or his ego?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Firstly Roslin, responding to my every point isn't the same as refuting them.
    I have refuted every single point you made. Just because you don't like my answers doesn't mean I didn't refute them. Literally every point you have against me is full of holes, and you've been suggesting a list of supposed "lies" of mine that you've neither elaborated upon nor shared with us.

Second, assuming there must be a doctor because it's a staple role is silly.
    No, it's not. It's completely reasonable to expect there to be a cop and a doctor role in every single non-vanilla mafia game ever.

Third, you actually can't use the same logic to counter my point because I'm not the one speaking in absolutes and making assumptions. I'm remaining open to all possibilities. You try to shut down every possibility that doesn't mesh with the narrative that keeps you alive. You're trying so hard to convince people that your narrative is true despite a lack of any evidence that it's suspicious as hell.
    Except I'm not. I literally just said I agree that there's no 100% proof Tigh is the doctor, but there is no reason to suggest otherwise. I'm not going to keep repeating myself. Obviously you don't have much interest in reading, because you keep repeating the same points and refusing to read my responses to them.

You're playing this game with blinders on, and it's going to lead you straight to a mislynch today if it's against me.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Tigh View Post
    Actually, I am the second Doctor. If you check back, you'll see the toasters have already lost a doctor. So for there to be another Doctor besides me would actually make a total of 3 for the game... which I do doubt.

Now, I must say that I can't be completely certain of Dee's guilt. All I know for certain is this:

- I protected Roslin
    - Roslin didn't die.
    - Nobody from town died.

There are a hundred different shenanigans that could create that outcome. However, it came after Roslin pushed hard for Dee - bluff or no. If the scum attacked Roslin and Dee isn't a part of that group, then they've played me for a damn fool. I know it's a possibility, but as the XO I have to make tough decisions.

What I am interested in is why, if you think I am lying, are you voting for Roslin instead of me? I'm the one who role claimed, I'm the one who said she was protected. There's no ambiguity about it: either I'm telling the truth (in which case the odds of Roslin being a Cylon are incredibly low), or I'm lying in which case I'm scum. And yet you persist in targeting her? Don't get me wrong, I'd happily toss her out the airlock just to see the darn look on her face. But I'm concerned how you're ignoring huge red flags just because she rubs you up the wrong way.
    If there's two mafias, one would have targeted the others.

This would mean that I wasn't targeted, and you've essentially outed yourself for nothing. In fact now that I think about it, that's probably the likely result.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    Helo still hasn’t responded yet and I won't be on for end of day tomorrow due to work, so I'm just going to get this in now.

##Vote: Roslin

This should tie us both at 3:3 meaning either of us still need two more votes before we hit majority, so I'm not too worried about that for the moment. I'd still advise against letting either of us hit majority before Helo shows up though. If Helo doesn't show up this forces Gaius to act as tiebreaker, as he's the only other person to not have voted. I do think forcing everyone to vote is good, as regardless of the lynch outcome it helps you get a better read on them than if they had just stayed AWOL. It's why we're all having a hard time getting any sort of red on Helo. What I do find interesting is that Helo got a prod for inactivity when at the time he had actually posted more recently than Felix, who received no such prod. Could suggest Helo was a power role that didn't get their night action in. If he ends up getting replaced, it's something worth asking the sub about.

I don't know Rolsin's alignment, but a possible scum lynch is better than a guaranteed mislynch in my book. If I die today, you need to take her out tomorrow. She'll have two mislynches under her belt then (apollo and me) as will adama and tigh (caprica and me). Roslin and tigh are linked by their claims, and it's better to risk her than doctor.
    For someone who seemed so accepting of death hours ago, you don't seem willing to do so anymore.

You're basically putting a vote on me to save your own ass. Instead of following through on your words before, you're basically hoping to misdirect town into a mislynch against me.

I also don't like how you're trying to strong-arm town into a mislynch against me tomorrow should I survive today.

If you actually turn out to be a mislynch you'll have been the one to strong arm us into it.

One final point: there's something really serious I'm concerned about. We know there are 4 mafia members, but what we don't know is if they're all working together.

It's possible that there's one mafia of 4, and one vigilante. Alternatively there are 2 mafias of 2, and one mafia attacked the other last night. At some point, there were at least two killing roles in this game. One of those killing roles has the ability to target the mafia and kill them.

Should there be 2 mafias of 2, the only person who presented that fact was Dee. She attempted to accuse me of pairing the mafia up into twos and suggesting I knew something about this, but this accusation is so bizarre as it came on Day 1. There was no confirmation of multiple killing roles at this point in the game.

I think it's likely that if there ARE two mafias, Dee is a part of one of them, and slipped up on Day 1 by making that accusation.

If you actually turn out to be a mislynch you'll have been the one to strong arm us into it.
    That literally doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    Should there be 2 mafias of 2, the only person who presented that fact was Dee. She attempted to accuse me of pairing the mafia up into twos and suggesting I knew something about this
    Athena is the one who did that not Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Athena View Post
    Also, Roslin, the opening post says that there are 4 scum, so why do you keep making up 2 scum teams? Do you know something we don't?
    Also, D'Anna seemed pretty damn excited at the notion of two mafias and we know she was mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] D'Anna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post

New scumteam is Athena-Apollo.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Athena View Post
    Also, Roslin, the opening post says that there are 4 scum, so why do you keep making up 2 scum teams? Do you know something we don't?
    WHOAA please let this be the thing. I was just saying last game that it would be cool if we had dueling mafias. I put it out into the universe so that would be soooo much fun.

This line of thinking is pretty interesting though. Roslin, Why say "scumteam"? Normally, you would just say scum. You wouldn't say scum team. You'd be assuming the information we have on day one from the Cylon Commander is that there are 4 total, not 2 and teams.