Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BEGIN/

MY TRAIN IS DELAYED. I ONLY JUST GOT BACK. YES, CYLONS USE TRAINS. DEAL WITH IT. I CAN'T COME UP WITH A GOOD FLAVOUR-TEXT FOR THE TRAVEL SITUATION.

I WILL GO THROUGH THE THREAD NOW. BE ON STANDBY FOR MORE NEWS.

END/

Blog Entries

BEGIN/

I AM TAKING MY TIME WITH THIS BECAUSE I SUSPECT A FEW PEOPLE WILL BE SURPRISED AT THE RESULT.

FIRST, APOLOGIES FOR BEING ABSENT DURING THIS CRITICAL PHASE. I MADE A POST JUST BEFORE 17:00 GMT OUTLINING WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN THE EVENT OF A MAJORITY AND THE EVENT OF OVERTIME.

THE VOTES AS THEY WERE AT 19:00:

| Day Three |
    Beginning of Overtime

Dee - 3
    / 5 (Tigh, Roslin, Adama, Aaron)
    Roslin - 3 / 5 (Felix, Aaron, Dee)
    Aaron - 1 / 5 (Gaius)

Adama - 0 / 5
    (Roslin)

(Helo is yet to vote)

DEE AND ROSLIN ARE TIED AT THIS POINT, THUS THE GAME GOES INTO OVERTIME. WHILE I DID NOT FORMALLY ANNOUNCE OVERTIME (I WAS AT WORK) IT WAS STATED THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN AT 19:00.

AT 19:02 GMT, TWO MINUTES INTO OVERTIME, ROSLIN UNVOTES HERSELF FROM DEE, AND VOTES FOR AARON. THIS RESULTS IN:

| Day Three |
    At 19:02 GMT (+2 Minutes Overtime)

Aaron - 2 / 5
    (Gaius, Roslin)
    Dee - 2 / 5 (Tigh, Roslin, Adama, Aaron)

Adama - 0 / 5
    (Roslin)

(Helo is yet to vote)

AT THIS POINT, ROSLIN COMMANDS A SIMPLE MAJORITY. UNFORTUNATE THOUGH IT IS, THIS IS THE FACT OF THE MATTER. ROSLIN COMMANDS A SIMPLE MAJORITY AT OVERTIME.

OVERTIME RULES DICTATE THAT THE DAY ENDS IMMEDIATELY AT THIS POINT.

DAY THREE HAS NOW ENDED. PLEASE STANDBY FOR FINAL DAY RESULTS.

END/

Blog Entries

Default Day Three / Results & Night Three / Begin Phase

BEGIN/

| Day Three |

Aaron - 2 / 5
    (Gaius, Roslin/overtime)
    Dee - 2 / 5 (Tigh, Roslin, Adama, Aaron)

Adama - 0 / 5
    (Roslin)

(Helo did not vote)

[M] Roslin.png

ROSLIN WAS A VANILLA TOWNIE WHO WAS PLAYED BY SCRUFFINGTON.

| Night Three |

Today ends in Twenty-Four hours, or when all night actions have been submitted (unless it is stated in the PM that they wish to have more time).

The thread will re-open at 21:40 GMT to begin Day Four.

Seven Players Remain.

END/

Blog Entries

Default Day Four / Begin Phase

BEGIN/

AFTER A DRAMATIC CONCLUSION TO THE PREVIOUS DAY, PARTICIPANT VITAL SIGNS DISPLAYED EVIDENCE OF SOME STRESS. GAIUS BALTAR WAS OBSERVED 'BROODING' IN HIS SCIENCE LAB, WHILE TIGH CONTINUED 'SCOWLING' AT EVERYONE, PARTICULARLY FELIX.

AT AROUND MIDNIGHT, EVERYONE WENT BACK TO THEIR QUARTERS. DUE TO THE LIMITED POWER SUPPLY ON BOARD GALACTICA, SECURITY CAMERAS ARE POWERED DOWN TO CONSERVE ENERGY. IT WAS DURING THIS TIME THAT TWO PEOPLE'S VITAL SIGNS CEASED. THIS MODEL USED EMERGENCY POWER TO RESTORE CCTV AND ASCERTAIN EVERYONE'S WHEREABOUTS.

[M] 'Helo'.png

HELO WAS A VANILLA TOWNIE WHO WAS PLAYED BY LADDY, WHO NEVER REALLY MADE IT OFF CAPRICA.

[M] Gaius.png

GAIUS WAS A TWO-SHOT CYLON WATCHER WHO WAS PLAYED BY KARIFEAN, HIS DREADFUL MACHINATIONS PUT TO AN END.

| Day Four |

Today ends immediately when a majority is reached on either a player or the 'no lynch' option. If no majority is reached, the day will time out 48 hours from now (18:15 GMT, 18th).

The lynch cap for today is three.

Just
    Five Players Remain.

END/

Well trout.

So it's probably a long shot to save my life at this point but I'm the town tracker. I followed Athena night one (she visited Starbuck for all the good that does me), followed Roslin night two (who visited no one hence I knew she lied about Dee for all the good that ended up doing me), and I followed Gaius last night. Gaius visited Helo (I assume to night kill?) and also visited Tigh, presumably to watch them and see if they're really the doctor? Or perhaps they thought he was a second mafia? I don't really know what to think just yet.

Hopefully if anything saves me it's the fact that every person I've tracked is dead making me the most useless smurfing tracker ever with the worst role claim of all time.

Maybe I'm losing the plot a bit, but is there any particular reason for your "look I'm the town tracker, look at all these things I tracked" outburst? Seems a bit out of the blue to me.

Oh, wait, two people voted for you. My bad.

Guess you do have good reason to be worried. If it's any reassurance, I don't have you down as scum at the moment.

I also pressed hard on Roslin and she came up town. I mean I still think I had good reason to suspect them and I stand by my decision ultimately. I knew going in if I was wrong there was a strong likelihood I'll be lynched. I just wanted people to have all of the info I do before they decide. Like I said, it's not much, but Gaius visiting Tigh would at least indicate he's telling the truth. At the very least Gaius wasn't working with him.

I'll have more time to read back in the thread again but I'd suggest we need to take a second look at Gaius and any who seemed to believe or support him along the way. I recommend anyone who might feel in a rush to judge and vote for me wait until we've had time to make our investigations of posts and discuss before voting. I was quick to vote in frustration when I switched to Dee yesterday but I aim to be more cautious this time. Don't want any chance of scum shenanigans or overtime mix ups.

I have played terribly this game. I apologize to everyone. In my defense I was the first one to call out Gaius, and he said if I forced him to tiebreaker he would vote against me, and he didn't put Roslin in the lead yesterday when he had a chance to save my butt. So it should be pretty clear I wasn't teammates with him.

I do believe we have two identical mafia teams now. D'anna was a two shot mafia watcher. Gaius was a two shot mafia watcher. Athena was a one shot mafia doctor. I'm willing to bet our last mafia member is a one shot doctor as well. And we all know who the doc claim is...

##vote tigh

If he was a town doc he would be dead. He's still alive. Aaron can track him if you kill me today, I bet he shows up at the door of the next dead player. If aaron dies, it's because said "doc" refused to heal him.

Ha-ha-ha! Gaius Baltar! Genius, toaster and very, very dead. I have to tell ya, this is the brightest start to any day I've seen in twenty five years, when my wife was a much younger and more... energetic woman in the mornings. I'm also surprised to still be breathin', so I might treat myself to a breakfast whisky and all. Hmm... maybe not while I'm on duty. That bottle and my lips are going to have a tender reunion tonight though, that I can guarantee you.

Dee... Diddly, diddly Dee... let me get something straight. You are suggesting that I am a scum doctor. A scum doctor who decided to use his power to protect a vanilla townie on night 2? I think you and I have a very different definition of scum.

You could be right about there being two enemy teams - that could account in part for my survival. If the toasters weren't sure if I were town or part of another faction, I might have been a lower priority target, depending on their objective. Alternatively, while being a doctor is a useful role, it's also a relatively harmless one for them. The worst that can happen is I try to protect someone they try to kill. Taking out someone who could reveal them would be more important if they could do it, I'd bet my right eyeball on that. For example, if Aaron is a tracker as he claims, he could well be a higher priority target than a town doc.

Aaron - what information, exactly, does a tracker in this game receive? You know who Roslin visited; do you also know who visited her?

Only had a minute or two to check back in today but whoever I choose to follow I learn who they visited. Nothing else I'm afraid. It'd be nice to know who visits them too but it's not in the cards in afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aaron View Post
    Only had a minute or two to check back in today but whoever I choose to follow I learn who they visited. Nothing else I'm afraid. It'd be nice to know who visits them too but it's not in the cards in afraid.
    Good answer, I wouldn't believe for a second that a tracker had any more information than that. I'm not gonna say I place any trust in you whatsoever, because the only three people I've ever trusted are my wife who has slept with every marine under 30 in the fleet, Starbuck to be a constant pain in my ass, and the old man. But I buy that you might be a tracker. Hell, out of 5 town deaths so far 4 of them have been vanilla. There has to be some more power roles somewhere, and unless someone else wants to volunteer theirs I'm not entirely disinclined to believe you on this one.

I ain't going to lynch the old man unless someone can present some pretty gods damn compelling evidence that he's a toaster, so if I discount Aaron for the moment that leaves me a choice between Dee and Felix. Frankly, I'm disappointed as all hell in both of you. Cylon or no, you've been insubordinate, sloppy and a disgrace to that uniform.

You know... I can't say this is the firmest decision I've ever made. I'm not saying my mind is entirely made up, but one thing that did stand out to me was this:

Dee voted for Gaius. A confirmed toaster. And bread-warming-appliance Gaius fracking Baltar voted for Dee on day 2, when it was an extremely tight vote. If they're scummates it was a risky strategy; had Helo voted before D'Anna, Dee could've ended up out the airlock.

Felix, on the other hand, hasn't yet voted for a confirmed scum at any point. So for now, that's the direction my gut is leading me towards.

​##Vote: Felix

Tigh who did you heal last night and why?