Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Apollo View Post
    Well, okay. I don't usually like to do this, but if you insist.

##Vote: Roslin
    Do you have anything else to add other than an OMGUS vote?

So I have been watching and flipping my hair all day and the one person I get a scum read off of is Aaron. I understood Roslin's vote for me as she backed it up with some reason.

Aaron's looked like a tag along vote to try and get something moving. I could see if he had anything to back it up I could accept his vote, but he didn't. So that is why I will...

##​Vote: Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] D'Anna View Post
    Nah, that's a reach when Caprica was merely roleplaying. Caprica Six and Giaus in BSG are a "thing".

Day one first few posts in character are hardly grounds for suspicion.
    This makes sense, although the wording of her post was pretty suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    I believe everyone has reported in. I like Roslin a little less than I did before as she has continued to push Capricia excessively. While her observation that they are on the dark side together could be accurate, it could also be simply roleplay as others have stated, or possibly that they share a role as lovers or masons. Given the way they've been acting, lovers makes sense.
    You dislike someone because they were actively trying to scumhunt? K. Nice to know who isn't interested in being productive for town today.

More interested in someone else right now.

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Apollo
    What made you more interested in Apollo than in me? Granted I thought his response to this was below par, but he hadn't said anything suspicious beforehand to my knowledge.

I'm wondering about that too. I get the scumhunt thing and it's a good way to get discussion going so we can start to find some inconsistencies, but you claim Dee is suspicious and the vote Apollo without giving reason?

Would you like to share with the class?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    What made you more interested in Apollo than in me? Granted I thought his response to this was below par, but he hadn't said anything suspicious beforehand to my knowledge.
    Maybe you should read the thread instead of asking questions you can readily find the answers to.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Athena View Post
    I'm wondering about that too. I get the scumhunt thing and it's a good way to get discussion going so we can start to find some inconsistencies, but you claim Dee is suspicious and the vote Apollo without giving reason?

Would you like to share with the class?
    I never said Dee was suspicious. She said she found me suspect because I was scumhunting, which is kinda ridiculous. It's almost like she's discouraging active participation in this game.

Second, I love how you tunnel on me voting Apollo for "no reason" (which is false), but you also blatantly overlook Apollo's vote on me which also gave no reason. Funny how that works.

In fact, this kind of incriminates you a lot more. You attempt to condescend to me, you didn't even bother to read my posts or responses to Apollo, and you defend him for doing the exact thing you're attempting to paint me as guilty for.

New scumteam is Athena-Apollo.

What? You said you were looking at her but had your eye on someone else and then voted Apollo without stating why? And then he voted for you afterwards, maybe because of your vote, maybe another reason, but what stood out to me was how you specifically called out Dee for not being helpful to town and then went ahead and voted someone else without stating why. Maybe help us out by giving us your reasoning?

Looking back on the thread all I can see is him saying that your scumhunting is clumsy and suspicions are being thrown out at random but no one is really suspicious to him so far, until his vote on you. Unless you think that because he said that he's discouraging scum hunting?

See, I don't want to assume your line of thought because what may seem obvious to you isn't to everyone else so maybe, I dunno, share and work with us instead of just vote lynching everyone and assuming we all view things the same way you do

But you're right, I did overlook Apollo's vote, so perhaps he could also share his reasoning.

Also, Roslin, the opening post says that there are 4 scum, so why do you keep making up 2 scum teams? Do you know something we don't?

I was pushed to vote for Roslin mainly because she voted for me on a flimsy basis and it annoyed me, but I stand by what I said earlier. The scumhunting is baseless to an almost laughable degree, and you've so far done nothing but point fingers this way and that without giving much reasoning beyond "I don't like the way this was posted," while also getting haughty about people being unhelpful. I don't care for that.

It's the first day, and I'm forgiving of people who don't want to immediately try for a lynch without a speck of a clue to go on. We know nothing. Your votes, no matter what you justify them with, are exactly as valid as my vote for you, because it's all empty guesswork at this point. So I'm ready to retract my vote if you're willing to share anything beyond opaque judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Apollo View Post
    It's the first day, and I'm forgiving of people who don't want to immediately try for a lynch without a speck of a clue to go on. We know nothing. Your votes, no matter what you justify them with, are exactly as valid as my vote for you, because it's all empty guesswork at this point. So I'm ready to retract my vote if you're willing to share anything beyond opaque judgements.
    You're right. We start off knowing nothing. So of course the first point of order is getting something to go on. Oh wait, who is it that actually attempts to get an exchange going for some clues, and who is it that undermines those attempts, saying it's all useless anyways? Scumhunting is the main weapon we have, and we had damn well better make good use of it.

Narration tells us there are 4 Mafia, meaning there are 9 Townies. This gives us 4 mislynchs before we absolutely have to get it right or lose. If we No Lynch we are literally just giving up one of our precious mislynchs. In other words, we will almost certainly want to lynch someone today. And if we do it had better be the most informed decision it can be.

To your credit at least you're engaging in discussion and explaining your viewpoint. I still think D'Anna, and also Helo, have done hardly anything but sit back and watch so far, just announcing their presence and defending roleplay, which is plausible enough for anyone but also how I could most likely see scum acting at this point. (Although admittedly those GIFs made me laugh and I do appreciate people advocating roleplay, makes me feel bad for never having experienced any of BSG myself tho)

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Caprica View Post
    So I have been watching and flipping my hair all day and the one person I get a scum read off of is Aaron. I understood Roslin's vote for me as she backed it up with some reason.

Aaron's looked like a tag along vote to try and get something moving. I could see if he had anything to back it up I could accept his vote, but he didn't. So that is why I will...

##​Vote: Aaron
    Given it's day one and there's very little to go on besides Roslin's scatter shot accusations which aren't that insane on day one honestly, I stand by my reasoning for voting you. Not recognizing Roslin is gorgeous is as good as any other reason in this day of days.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post

New scumteam is Athena-Apollo.
    Also, Roslin, the opening post says that there are 4 scum, so why do you keep making up 2 scum teams? Do you know something we don't?
    WHOAA please let this be the thing. I was just saying last game that it would be cool if we had dueling mafias. I put it out into the universe so that would be soooo much fun.

This line of thinking is pretty interesting though. Roslin, Why say "scumteam"? Normally, you would just say scum. You wouldn't say scum team. You'd be assuming the information we have on day one from the Cylon Commander is that there are 4 total, not 2 and teams.

Besides Roslin doing Day 1 things and roleplaying there's no reason for me to not ##Vote: No Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Gaius View Post
    Narration tells us there are 4 Mafia, meaning there are 9 Townies. This gives us 4 mislynchs before we absolutely have to get it right or lose. If we No Lynch we are literally just giving up one of our precious mislynchs. In other words, we will almost certainly want to lynch someone today. And if we do it had better be the most informed decision it can be.
    I believe your math is a bit off. Assuming all 4 scum are on the same team, we are only allowed 4 mislynches if nobody ever gets nightkilled, which is highly unlikely. Assuming all nightkills go through, we'd be in lylo on day 3 after just 2 mislynches. If we have two separate scum teams then this changes things. But the idea of separate scum facitions hadn't been brought up when you posted this, and you didn't mention it as an option yourself either. But I see no other way you could have concluded 4 mislynches was feasible without already knowing this.

##Vote: Gaius

Okay wait, let's not jump to conclusions about there being separate scum before we've heard from Roslin. I am really wondering what she meant though because she said "Caprica and Gaius are scummates."

And then later on said "New scumteam is Athena-Apollo."

Like she didn't say Athena and Apollo also scum, since we know there are 4 scum. Sp that's a bit odd. And calling them a scumteam instead of just scummates like the first example is also weird. But putting these two statements together, she really seems to be stating that scum is in teams of two, which just seems odd because I don't see where it's said that anywhere, unless I and the few who have commented on it missed something in the post or whatever.

Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting what Roslin is saying, but I would really like some clarification because it seems she might have some information that would be valuable to us

Okay wait, let's not jump to conclusions about there being separate scum before we've heard from Roslin. I am really wondering what she meant though because she said "Caprica and Gaius are scummates."

And then later on said "New scumteam is Athena-Apollo."

Like she didn't say Athena and Apollo also scum, since we know there are 4 scum. Sp that's a bit odd. And calling them a scumteam instead of just scummates like the first example is also weird. But putting these two statements together, she really seems to be stating that scum is in teams of two, which just seems odd because I don't see where it's said that anywhere, unless I and the few who have commented on it missed something in the post or whatever.

Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting what Roslin is saying, but I would really like some clarification because it seems she might have some information that would be valuable to us
    I don't think the use of the term "team" is a slip. Sports teams have 5+ people, so a scum team can easily have 4 people on it. However the fact that they always list scum in pairs of two and only two is interesting. If we do have mutli mafia, I think we have some pretty good leads on where to start. If not, then I'm very confused by Gaius.