Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    I believe your math is a bit off. Assuming all 4 scum are on the same team, we are only allowed 4 mislynches if nobody ever gets nightkilled, which is highly unlikely. Assuming all nightkills go through, we'd be in lylo on day 3 after just 2 mislynches. If we have two separate scum teams then this changes things. But the idea of separate scum facitions hadn't been brought up when you posted this, and you didn't mention it as an option yourself either. But I see no other way you could have concluded 4 mislynches was feasible without already knowing this.

##Vote: Gaius
    Urgh yes you're right, I made a mistake. I thought 9 Townies, so Lynch -> Kill -> Lynch -> Kill -> Lynch -> Kill -> Lynch -> Kill -> Lynch before we're all dead, completely forgetting about the fact that Mafia only need to equalize the Town in number. Sorry.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Athena View Post
    What? You said you were looking at her but had your eye on someone else and then voted Apollo without stating why?
    I had already replied to Apollo, you should be able to draw conclusions about "why" from there. I'm not here to hold your hand and repeat myself multiple times just because you aren't interested in reading.

And then he voted for you afterwards, maybe because of your vote, maybe another reason, but what stood out to me was how you specifically called out Dee for not being helpful to town and then went ahead and voted someone else without stating why. Maybe help us out by giving us your reasoning?
    Yet again, I'm not here to hold your hand.

You're also using more hedging language to defend Apollo here. It's a pretty obvious OMGUS vote from him. Why are you trying to muddy the details of a seemingly transparent vote?

But you're right, I did overlook Apollo's vote, so perhaps he could also share his reasoning.
    How about asking him directly? Or are you not interested in that?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Athena View Post
    Also, Roslin, the opening post says that there are 4 scum, so why do you keep making up 2 scum teams? Do you know something we don't?
    Just because I've identified 2 members of a team doesn't mean I'm "making up 2 scum teams."

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Apollo View Post
    I was pushed to vote for Roslin mainly because she voted for me on a flimsy basis and it annoyed me, but I stand by what I said earlier. The scumhunting is baseless to an almost laughable degree, and you've so far done nothing but point fingers this way and that without giving much reasoning beyond "I don't like the way this was posted," while also getting haughty about people being unhelpful. I don't care for that.
    So it's an OMGUS vote after all. Thanks for clearing that one up.

What exactly is baseless or laughable about it? I asked you why you thought my scumhunting was "clumsy," and you dodged the question. Didn't bother elaborating whatsoever.

It's the first day, and I'm forgiving of people who don't want to immediately try for a lynch without a speck of a clue to go on. We know nothing. Your votes, no matter what you justify them with, are exactly as valid as my vote for you, because it's all empty guesswork at this point. So I'm ready to retract my vote if you're willing to share anything beyond opaque judgements.
    Are you suggesting we just do nothing today then? Just no-lynch and let the mafia pick one of us out? Guess you're afraid of getting your hands dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] D'Anna View Post
    This line of thinking is pretty interesting though. Roslin, Why say "scumteam"? Normally, you would just say scum. You wouldn't say scum team. You'd be assuming the information we have on day one from the Cylon Commander is that there are 4 total, not 2 and teams.
    Pretty interesting interaction between you and Athena here. Noted.

Also, I answered this. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    I don't think the use of the term "team" is a slip. Sports teams have 5+ people, so a scum team can easily have 4 people on it. However the fact that they always list scum in pairs of two and only two is interesting. If we do have mutli mafia, I think we have some pretty good leads on where to start. If not, then I'm very confused by Gaius.
    Pretty much this.

The whole "team" thing seems a bit suspicious, not really sure what to make of that. It might be nothing, it might be a slip. I'm keeping an eye on Roslin in particular, but so far they're not suspicious enough for me to vote for them.

At this point, I may just roll a dice or something. Day one lynch is usually a shot in the dark anyway, so might as well. Don't suppose anyone cares to make things easy by doing a spurious role claim, or something dumb and obviously scummy like that?

Yes, Noted on your behavior, Roslin. You highlight Dee's comment but apparently ignore the rest of it that is to why it's suspicious that you mention people in pairs and your word choice. You're more dismissive of it. I have a feeling you've slipped up and are trying to downplay your slip up. You haven't really addressed the issue too much besides bolding Dee's post, saying "noted" to mine and the brief "making up scum teams" defense. For all the effort you've put into arguing your scum hunting, you sure are downplaying other's attempt.

Just because I've identified 2 members of a team doesn't mean I'm "making up 2 scum teams."
    Isn't good enough for me. You didn't just do it one time, you did it a more than once.

Caprica and Gaius are scummates.
    New scumteam is Athena-Apollo.
    The way you phrased these in pairs, and "the new scum team" as if they are replacing the other. As if two are replacing two.

There wasn't really a reason to say there were two mafia or insinuate them in pairs like that. To me this gives me the feeling that you only know this because you're part of the opposing mafia team and slipped up.

##vote: Roslin

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Felix View Post
    The whole "team" thing seems a bit suspicious, not really sure what to make of that. It might be nothing, it might be a slip. I'm keeping an eye on Roslin in particular, but so far they're not suspicious enough for me to vote for them.
    I have nothing to slip about, so there is no "slip."

At this point, I may just roll a dice or something. Day one lynch is usually a shot in the dark anyway, so might as well. Don't suppose anyone cares to make things easy by doing a spurious role claim, or something dumb and obviously scummy like that?
    I also really dislike this approach. Doesn't really seem like you're willing to commit to scumhunting, which is painting you as scum.

Your method of scum hunting is scattershotting. It's not the most effective either my sweet roslin

Yes, Noted on your behavior, Roslin. You highlight Dee's comment but apparently ignore the rest of it that is to why it's suspicious that you mention people in pairs and your word choice. You're more dismissive of it. I have a feeling you've slipped up and are trying to downplay your slip up. You haven't really addressed the issue too much besides bolding Dee's post, saying "noted" to mine and the brief "making up scum teams" defense. For all the effort you've put into arguing your scum hunting, you sure are downplaying other's attempt.
    I never ignored the rest of it. What are you even talking about?

Your whole argument is "Roslin is grouping people into pairs, therefore there must be 2 pairs, and him knowing this must mean he's mafia!" Which is a pretty huge stretch. I could just as easily replace the term "scumteam" with "scummates" and I would be conveying the exact same message from my point of view.

What you're doing isn't scumhunting. You're trying to create a "slip" that doesn't exist.

The way you phrased these in pairs, and "the new scum team" as if they are replacing the other. As if two are replacing two.
    Uh, yeah. I fully explained why I thought Gaius/Caprica seemed suspect, and I also gave reasons as to why Athena-Apollo could also appear to be a part of a team.

I said "the new scum team" because they appear to be acting as a scum duo at this point in the game. Not that there's only 2 scum. This is a huge distinction that you're clearly not getting.

There wasn't really a reason to say there were two mafia or insinuate them in pairs like that. To me this gives me the feeling that you only know this because you're part of the opposing mafia team and slipped up.
    Yes there was. I gave valid explanations for both. Seems like you're consciously choosing to ignore that, though.

How come you seem so certain that there's 2 mafia teams? If anything, the fact that you're trying to twist my words and fabricate a "slip" is suggesting you're far more certain of 2 scum teams than I am.

Your method of scum hunting is scattershotting. It's not the most effective either my sweet roslin
    1. No, it isn't.
    2. How would you know it's not effective when we haven't even played out an entire day yet?
    3. As opposed to your scumhunting method, which is...what, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    I also really dislike this approach. Doesn't really seem like you're willing to commit to scumhunting, which is painting you as scum.
    You dislike the idea of picking someone at random, but you're also critcising me for not scumhunting, which in Day One amounts to picking someone at random?

Okay, now you're getting weird. You're right on the edge of me voting for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Felix View Post
    You dislike the idea of picking someone at random, but you're also critcising me for not scumhunting, which in Day One amounts to picking someone at random?

Okay, now you're getting weird. You're right on the edge of me voting for you.
    No, Day 1 scumhunting doesn't amount to random voting.

You're basically trying to give yourself an excuse to not scumhunt and sit on the sidelines today. "Oh it's only Day 1, it doesn't matter."

This is an anti-town attitude, regardless of your alignment.

To clarify, picking at random was just my starting point if no clear candidates presented themselves. You seem to be working very hard to make yourself that candidate. Got a whole "Vote for me!" campaign going on.

I said "the new scum team" because they appear to be acting as a scum duo at this point in the game. Not that there's only 2 scum. This is a huge distinction that you're clearly not getting.
    Why would there be scum duo's in a game that has four of them? They wouldn't be working as a duo, they'd be working as a team of 4.

So yes, I am clearly not getting that distinction why you'd bother saying they're working as a duo.

Please explain this for me as apparently I don't get it.

Why would there be scum duo's in a game that has four of them? They wouldn't be working as a duo, they'd be working as a team of 4.

So yes, I am clearly not getting that distinction why you'd bother saying they're working as a duo.

Please explain this for me as apparently I don't get it.
    Just because two people appear to be working together closely doesn't mean there aren't two people working with them. Because there would have to be with 4 mafia.

All I was suggesting is that I've identified 2/4 scum, not that there are 2 scum teams. I have no idea if there are and I'm operating under the assumption that there is only one team.

Got that cleared up? Good. Hopefully you can stop twisting my words now.

You DID use the word "scumteam", Roslin. Maybe it was nothing, I'm still not sure. Athena was the one to draw attention to it first, I think. But did they notice it first because they're observant or because they have access to more information about the mafia, either because of a role or because they ARE mafia?

Shrug.