Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Caprica View Post
    I am going to scum hunt vote here to see where it leads.

##Vote: Gaius
    Kinda defeats the purpose of scumhunt voting if you explicitly state you're scumhunt voting doesn't it? ^^ Well sorry for being absent for so long, but it was for IRL reasons, nothing more. Good to see people still doing scumhunting though. For now however, there's this:

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roslin View Post
    The difference between yesterday and today is that I have concrete information that leads me to believe you're scum. That's why I'm saying "Dee is scum" as opposed to going off of Day 1 scumreads, like I did with Apollo and Athena.

It's called hinting. I'm not giving you any more information. You're not going to fish my role out of me. Stop trying.
    Telling us everything we need to know. It's an assertion not speculation, meaning Roslin has definitive information to say Dee is scum, either that or she's lying and trying to get Dee lynched which will be revealed at nightfall, so since we're still doing pretty well...

##Vote: Dee

Gaius post just answered what I needed to know.

##Unvote:

For those confused I know that both Dee and Adama are scum. Now they see two aggressive player they know are Town hunting for them so they go and put votes towards them and hope for an easy lynch so other not as active people are left and they can pick them off.

It is obvious to veteran players how they tend to work like it was first discussed. The only thing they may not know is how one of their own died in the night...

Both Roslin and Caprica are really throwing around "Oh, I KNOW X is mafia." Extremely fishy. What's more, neither of them seem to want to offer any kind of explanation as to what makes them think this. I'm with Dee, that smells like Cylon. Both Roslin and Caprica are now my number one suspects. But, I can only vote for one of them, so...

##VOTE: Caprica

If you refuse to explain yourselves, then I just can't trust you. Simple as that.

Feel free to vote for me this round. I will bow out, turn Town and Town will have a clear path.

I wonder if Mafia is ready for me to flip town... it will show my I told the truth and they will be exposed.

For those wondering Felix is the last mafia member. There are the 3 left.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Caprica View Post
    For those wondering Felix is the last mafia member. There are the 3 left.
    How very convenient. And you know this... how? More convinced than ever that you're mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Gaius View Post
    The difference between yesterday and today is that I have concrete information that leads me to believe you're scum. That's why I'm saying "Dee is scum" as opposed to going off of Day 1 scumreads, like I did with Apollo and Athena.

It's called hinting. I'm not giving you any more information. You're not going to fish my role out of me. Stop trying.
    Telling us everything we need to know. It's an assertion not speculation, meaning Roslin has definitive information to say Dee is scum, either that or she's lying and trying to get Dee lynched which will be revealed at nightfall, so since we're still doing pretty well...

I believe I'll have to agree with the good Doctor Baltar on this. Assuming the numbers work out (for recreational reasons I can't actually do the math just in case I am wrong), it's a bold play but one that could come with high reward if Dee is a toaster. And I despite Apollo Roslin did turn me onto the Athena route day one and I still don't know if I buy that they're anything more than scum hunting. Aggressively perhaps but still.

And I think we should hear more from D'Anna in addition to the others mentioned.

I also find Caprica's certainty strange. Maybe it's a false bravado that comes from that place of desperately trying not to get lynched, but we have 2-3 people who have been rather inactive or unhelpful who none of us can be at all sure about, and she's sure enough to name everyone but them as who they think is mafia? And saying it with a strange degree of certainty? I don't buy it. She may have outed Dee realizing Roslin could have something on her as one of them, but this feels like trying to spread some focus away. If Caprica flips mafia in the end I'd say at least one if not two of the quieter folks are mafia as well.

I'll hold off for a bit but I'm leaning voting for Dee but could almost as easily go Caprica. We'll see what happens.

I can't believe the nerve of this one! You come onto this ship and accuse three of its officers, including her Commanding Officer, of being Cylons? I can't stand by and watch that happen. I've never supported the civilian presence on this ship; not you, nor D'Anna, Aaron or even President Roslin.

So let's take you up on your offer. Town or toaster, it doesn't matter to me. But I will have order on this ship.

​##Vote: Caprica

I've given my reasoning for basically everything.

Please share your concrete information, because I don't believe you have any. It's easy to say "I know X is scum because reasons I won't out" because nobody can prove or disprove anything one way or the other. Whereas something like "I know X is scum because I have Y role and insert thing here happened" is more dangerous. You can be counter claimed. You can also have another player catch you in a lie. For example if you say "I am the tracker, I saw player X visit dead player Y last night, they were the only one to do so" then another player besides X could come in and say "I am the cop, I also visited player Y" and catch you in a lie. Your refusal to share isn't helping your case. Still, I find it unlikely you're scum at the moment because you'd have to know I'd flip town and you'd just get lynched. So either you're jester and want to be lynched, or you are executioner with me as your target (you shaded me on day 1, and are hard pushing me today).

Important question, Dee. Are you suggesting what I think you are with your post? Yes or no would suffice.
    I'm just going to throw your words back at you here since you don't seem to see what a hypocrite you're being.

I'm not giving you any more information. You're not going to fish my role out of me. Stop trying.
    If you're ready to share your "concrete information" then I'm probably going to be forced to role claim since I think I know what you're trying to do. But I doubt you will roleclaim yourself since you know there's a good chance it backfires, so for now I don't feel the need to.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    Please share your concrete information, because I don't believe you have any. It's easy to say "I know X is scum because reasons I won't out" because nobody can prove or disprove anything one way or the other. Whereas something like "I know X is scum because I have Y role and insert thing here happened" is more dangerous. You can be counter claimed. You can also have another player catch you in a lie. For example if you say "I am the tracker, I saw player X visit dead player Y last night, they were the only one to do so" then another player besides X could come in and say "I am the cop, I also visited player Y" and catch you in a lie. Your refusal to share isn't helping your case. Still, I find it unlikely you're scum at the moment because you'd have to know I'd flip town and you'd just get lynched. So either you're jester and want to be lynched, or you are executioner with me as your target (you shaded me on day 1, and are hard pushing me today).
    No thanks.

This is a closed setup, meaning there could be multiples of roles. I could hypothetically reveal myself as a tracker, and a counter claim wouldn't necessarily mean anything. It's entirely possible there are multiples of roles.

I'm just going to throw your words back at you here since you don't seem to see what a hypocrite you're being.
    Except I'm not.

You're asking me to reveal my role. I'm asking you to say yes or no, to an ambiguous question. But your refusal to answer is already telling as is.

If you're ready to share your "concrete information" then I'm probably going to be forced to role claim since I think I know what you're trying to do. But I doubt you will roleclaim yourself since you know there's a good chance it backfires, so for now I don't feel the need to.
    FWIW, the role you're claiming isn't necessarily town. There were two nightkills, meaning it's entirely possible your role isn't town-aligned.

Dee can't role claim due to it being countered or non existent. Also I will defend my "nerve". By my aggressive play I was able to read how people responded. I played people. Been doing this forever and has always been right when I have openly said it.

Since votes are going down and people want halftime to be the day. Looking at 3 of you.

Roslin with what you said it should be known that the scum killed was a doctor role.

FWIW, the role you're claiming isn't necessarily town. There were two nightkills, meaning it's entirely possible your role isn't town-aligned.
    Especially when you consider the dead Toaster was a Doctor. That's usually a town role, but it seems all bets are off here. This is an unprecedented situation; we are being hunted by machines who look like us, think like us and can even take the same roles as us. The tactics that have served us well in the past may not be so effective here.

You know what I say? Trust your gut. Don't share too much, and for the love of the gods don't give yourself away if you hold a useful role. We don't want good people painting targets on their own frakkin' backs.