Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

Sometimes duties to the fleet keep people away. Haven't had time to catch up completely yet but I haven't seen anything to really vote for one of the two or three frontrunners people seem to be after. If I'm not feeling strongly either way I may as well leave my vote as is. Not looking likely at the moment that Caprica will be lynched. Maybe the very close vote combined with the indeterminate time limit will provoke some more interesting discussion.

Looking back on the thread and catching up on all of the new stuff, I think I'm siding with Roslin about Athena at least and maybe Apollo. To me, reading Roslin's posts, I don't see how you get the implication of there being two scum things from the wording she used. It's pretty strange to me that Athena even came up with that. But then after tossing that out there to make it seem like Roslin might have more info about the scum make up they never follow through on it with a vote and kind of just back away from it. I mean it seems small enough that they can pass it off as nitpicking everything so it doesn't come back on them, but I thought Roslin's wording was really clear.

Now maybe I'm wrong, maybe Athena just made a reading error, but it seems like a strange allegation to me so all I can do is run with that feeling. And since I thought Roslin was pretty clear in her wording and I think her scum hunting is pretty normal looking day one behaviour (I'm not seeing anything suspicious in successfully getting a lot of people talking) I'm going to have to do this:

##unvote
    ##vote: Athena

Its past the voting time bro

And I didn't follow it up with a vote because I'm not sure. If I felt more certain I would have voted but to vote based off of an assumption I made when reading a post that could have been totally wrong? Not something I like to so especially when it risks losing a townie for no reason. I need to be more certain that they before I vote to off someone

* more certain than that

Too late for the end of the day, huh. Oh well, looks like my vote wouldn't have changed the outcome at least, though it is frustrating that I wasn't there for so much of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Adama View Post
    In my opinion, Roslin's behavior is simply standard operating procedure for the person who is most likely playing Roslin. Accusing everyone for everything is nothing new. Neither is their willingness to argue with everyone about every point. Even the part about trying to put suspected mafia into teams. Since they always play this way, it does make it difficult to tell when they're mafia and when they're not. I agree with that.

At this point, since I'm pretty sure I know who they are and am familiar with their playstyle, it's not enough to make me think they're scum yet.
    I agree. Though it's hard for me to get a read on the person in question (because I can totally buy that they play the same way if they're scum) I don't think it's any sort of indicator that they *are* scum.

All I have right now is the observation I made quite a while back that I find it interesting that Gaius would vote to lynch D'anna for bothering to defend the roleplaying behavior of himself and Caprica. It's odd. I'm not even sure if it would make them mafia. I don't know what to think of it, other than perhaps they're a lyncher?
    I guess I might as well explain my reasoning then: I don't trust people that stand up for me. Or anyone other than themselves, really. Putting someone on the spot is a good position to get some information, and deliberately diffusing it is something I can more easily attribute to someone who already knows the accused's alignment - i.e. scum - so they don't have a vested interest in gaining information, and might in fact take the opportunity to appear like the "wise" one whose judgment is accurate and can therefore be trusted.

Also, I used to trust people that stood up for me and they turned out to be scum more than once. Go figure.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BEGIN/

THE FIRST DAY IS OVER (for a long time, my apologies once more). COMPUTING RESULT.

END/

Blog Entries

Default Day One / Result & Night One / Begin Phase

BEGIN/

COMPUTING FINAL DAY ONE RESULTS LIST:

| Day One |

Apollo - 3 / 7
    (Roslin, Caprica, Starbuck)

Roslin - 2 / 7
    (Starbuck, Apollo, D'Anna)
    Gaius - 2 / 7 (Tigh, Dee)
    Caprica - 1 / 7 (Roslin, Aaron)
    D'Anna - 1 / 7 (Gaius)
    No Lynch - 1 / 7 (Helo)
    Dee - 1 / 7 (Felix)

Adama - 0 / 7
    (Roslin)
    Aaron - 0 / 7 (Caprica)

(Adama and Athena are yet to vote)

Note: Aaron unvoted Caprica and switched to voting Athena. However, this took place after the 00:00 GMT deadline, and is not counted in the official results

END/

CYLON OPERATIONAL REPORT - 09/06/17 EARTH STANDARD TIME - 17:44

BEGIN/

FOR THE PAST 48 HOURS I HAVE BEEN MONITORING THE SITUATION ON BOARD BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. THIS MODEL NOTES THE SUCCESSFUL ELIMINATION OF THE 'APOLLO' HUMAN. THIS MODEL ENJOY-[ERROR: UNKNOWN] THIS MODEL UNDERSTANDS THAT MISSION PARAMETERS ARE BEING MET WITH EFFICIENCY.

OBSERVING THE HUMANS INTERACT WAS OF INTEREST TO FUTURE ESPIONAGE EFFORTS. THE HUMANS SEEM QUICK TO SUSPECT FORTHRIGHT INDIVIDUALS. THE DATA COLLECTED TODAY ALSO DOES NOT CORRELATE WITH PREVIOUS MISSIONS, MOST OF INTEREST WAS THE LACK OF DISCUSSION OVER ABSTAINING FROM LYNCHING, WHICH WAS A FEATURE OF PREVIOUS MISSIONS.

THIS MODEL WILL CONTINUE TO OBSERVE WITH HEIGHTENED INTEREST.

END/

[M] 'Apollo'.png

APOLLO WAS A HUMAN INVENTOR WHO WAS PLAYED BY KLEINERKILLER, WHO UNFORTUNATELY DIDN'T GET TO DO ANY INVENTING.

| Night One |

Today ends in Twenty-Four hours, or when all night actions have been submitted (unless it is stated in the PM that they wish to have more time).

The thread will re-open at 18:00 GMT to begin Day Two.

Twelve Players Remain.

Blog Entries

Default Day Two / Begin Phase

BEGIN/

I HAVE BEEN MONITORING THE VITAL SIGNS OF ALL PEOPLE WITHIN THE C.I.C AND SURROUNDING SLEEPING QUARTERS WHILE THE OPERATION IS IN EFFECT.

DURING THE NIGHT, THE VITAL SIGNS OF TWO PEOPLE WERE GONE. I WILL NOW REPORT ON THE CASUALTIES:

[M] 'Starbuck'.png

STARBUCK WAS A VANILLA TOWNIE WHO WAS PLAYED BY WARZIDANE, TAKING PART IN HIS FIRST MAFIA. AS STARBUCK WOULD SAY: FRACK.

[M] 'Athena'.png

ATHENA WAS A ONE-SHOT CYLON DOCTOR WHO WAS PLAYED BY PUMPKIN, WHO CLEARLY DIDN'T TAKE 'PHYSICIAN, HEAL THYSELF' VERY SERIOUSLY.

| Day Two |

Today ends immediately when a majority is reached on either a player or the 'no lynch' option. If no majority is reached, the day will time out 48 hours from now (01:20 GMT, 12th).

The lynch cap for today is six.

Ten Players Remain.

END/
    Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 06-13-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Oh trout! There are two mafia teams! Or a serial killer. Or a vigilante or ahhh! How exciting! I knew one of my crazy mafia ideas would eventually hit with the hosts. I should just host one of these times.

Athena was the one who brought it up though. I think this vindicates roslin. Athena must have been hunting for another mafia and tried to hit early when she thought that's what was happening.

How exciting! This game is going to be a blast. Wonder why Starbucks was targeted. If Athena gave away the dueling mafias then I can see that as a target from mafia team b. But why was Starbucks seen as a threat? I'll have to go back through and look to see who Starbuck pointed the finger at.

Roslin is in about the same spot for me today as she was yesterday. Athena pushing her hard then flipping scum makes her look good for town, especially if there is only 1 mafia team. But given we had 2 NKs amd Roslin also suspected Apollo (town) Starbucks (town) and Felix (unknown) they could easily just be on a separate scumteam. But I don't know that I think scum is bold enough to try so hard for a lynch day 1.

I don't like how Caprica swung the vote off Roslin near end of day and on Apollo either. We ended up killing a valuable town, and Roslin had enough suspicion on her that there was a good chance they'd be lynched later anyway, especially if Apollo flipped town. I'd probably want to lynch Caprica before Roslin because of this reason.

Gaius is still scummy for the same reasons I brought up yesterday. Unless they're a new player, I don't see how you make a goof up that major. Looks more like a slip.

That's all I've got for the moment.

Funny Dee points a finger day 2 but was happy to go with the flow day one. Hmmm. I explained why I flipped and it was to save a member of town who I know as Town Roslin. Now pointing a finger to me another town would doom us all.

Also are there 2 scum teams? I see two dead, but if we don't know the abilities it could be a passive Town protection that killed her and saved one of us? Anyways there are 3 bad guys left and my money is Aaron is one of them. It looked obvious to me that he is scum. I explained why I voted the way I did last time and also why I flipped.

Personally I would look into a dice roll for scum too. Also a No Lynch who solo'd that thought also as scum.

Okay, Day Two. We've narrowed down the suspect pool now, so goodbye Lady Luck. No more letting the dice do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] D'Anna View Post
    Athena was the one who brought it up though. I think this vindicates roslin. Athena must have been hunting for another mafia and tried to hit early when she thought that's what was happening.
    For all we know, that WAS what was happening. Roslin could still be mafia. My gut says they're town, but she's not completely off my radar yet.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Dee View Post
    I don't like how Caprica swung the vote off Roslin near end of day and on Apollo either. We ended up killing a valuable town, and Roslin had enough suspicion on her that there was a good chance they'd be lynched later anyway, especially if Apollo flipped town. I'd probably want to lynch Caprica before Roslin because of this reason.
    I was REALLY surprised when the lynch swung to Apollo. It just seemed to come out of nowhere. And maybe I'm reading Caprca's vote post wrong, but it seems like she was basing it mostly on Roslin's say-so. Why trust Roslin so much on the first day?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Caprica View Post
    Also are there 2 scum teams? I see two dead, but if we don't know the abilities it could be a passive Town protection that killed her and saved one of us?
    Bringing up genuine possibilities, or trying to throw us off the scent? I'm watching you, Caprica.

Well Frack me, every day I wake up hoping to hear the news that Kara Thrace is sleeping with the fishes, and it's finally actually happened. And it's not even my birthday. Still, I think this warrants a drink.

Here's to you, Starbuck! You were a stubborn, obnoxious S.O.B 'till the very end. Don't you worry though, I'm sure we'll all be following you down to hell very soon.

Now, Athena being a toaster? That's a surprise. There was always something off about her, but she seemed loyal. Part of the cause. Not one of these slimy self-serving career officers like Felix. Athena felt like someone you could trust. Well, I guess that's how they get you. But if she was a toaster... who killed the toaster? I doubt we have two enemy factions here. More likely one of us has a power that can kill the enemy. Maybe they can set a trap, so when the toaster kills their targeted ally they get taken out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Caprica View Post
    Anyways there are 3 bad guys left and my money is Aaron is one of them. It looked obvious to me that he is scum. I explained why I voted the way I did last time and also why I flipped.
    Seems a bit strange to me to suspect the only person who realized the one confirmed mafia was full of trout.

And in regards to my late attempt at a vote change, I misunderstood our cylon overlord saying they'd end the day when they woke up as meaning the day was essentially extended until then. Honest mistake.

Even stranger Caprica is so suspicious of me when and claims to have explained their reasons when those reasons amounted to "he made a silly throwaway vote for me on day one and it looks like a tag along vote with Roslin so I think he's scum." Meanwhile Caprica ultimately makes an actual tag along vote with Roslin, says add much, and expects her reasoning on me to hold up to scrutiny? It's almost laughable to be honest