Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXXII - BSG Mafia Game Thread - Day Four: Blood and Chrome (Town Victory)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

So uh...are we really at a stalemate because of 2 afks?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Gaius View Post
    I'm a little surprised at how many people are scumreading Caprica. I mean, sure, they're not exactly acting in the most productive manner, but as I said prior, I don't think it's a strong reason to suspect them in particular of being Mafia. If my read on them is right, everyone misreading them as scum was what lost Town a recent game. That was a little annoying, ngl.

...Almost forgot about Helo. Him, D'Anna, and Tigh too, have been really damn quiet lately.
    You're right. Despite their claims of being 100% right across three games, we know that's demonstrably false. (Assuming we're right about who's playing Caprica.) They've shown in the past to make bad calls early, and come up with weird/bad reasoning. That might be all it is.

That's why I explained that this time I'm also factoring in Roslin's behavior now, Roslin's usual behavior across other games, and the fact that in the past when she's actually had hard info, she'd make her vote and stay mostly quiet. Drawing this much attention to herself, if she's actually town, would lead mafia to think she's a power role and want to night kill her. That's how she explained why she stayed quiet in the past in similar situations. Since I don't think Roslin is town, I don't trust her hard evidence claim on Dee.

So with my reasoning that Roslin's a potential Lyncher/Jester, Caprica is either scum trying to save themselves or an easily misled townie.

I don't have a strong read on Dee on way or another, so I admit it's a risk. I simply have to follow my reasoning as I see it, and right now the two most suspicious and active people I have are Caprica and Roslin.

You're whole reasoning is that you trust Roslin, and will punish accordingly if she's lying. Fine. I'm reading her actions differently, and think you're playing right into her plans.

All we can do now is wait and see who's right. Worst case scenario, none of us are mafia, and they're all laying low watching us lynch each other. Always a strong possibility this early on.

I made one bad call. Besides that I was bang on. So please explain how I was wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aaron View Post
    Getting late in the day and no helo. Suspicious.

I might not be able to make it on again tonight but nothing I've seen has me changing my mind so may as well get my vote in.

##vote: Dee

Unless Dee flips town making Roslin an obvious lynch target I plan to be coming for you next Caprica. I imagine I won't be the only one. But voting for Dee has the potential to reveal more info than killing you right now.
    Seeing as you also suspect Caprica, would you be willing to vote them instead to break the tie? You still get a fair amount of info from her flip as all but 2 players have voted either me or her. If you don't want to switch and I do end up dying, please kill lynch Caprica before Roslin. If anyone wants to vig Roslin in order to take them both out, that's fine.

I would be happy to go. Dee will be next as I flip Vanilla Town like I do every game.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

| Day Two |
    Overtime - Thirteen Hours Remain

Today ends immediately when a simple majority is reached. Whoever possesses a majority of votes in a single point in time will be eliminated​.

If there is no majority, overtime will end with a randomised elimination between Caprica and Dee.

Oh my goodness, so much to read.

(I was not home all weekend. I made my first post for day 2 from my phone but haven't had much for cell service otherwise.)

Give me a little bit to read over everything but this pressure of being the final vote is a lot!

OKAY FIRST THING

My cylon god guys, formatting your posts would help reading all that. Huge blocks of text are a pain and so are huge amounts of quote blocking each line. Super annoying.

I really do not like that both Roslin and Caprica claim they KNOW so-and-so is mafia but wont explain. As if we're just supposed to trust you because you told us to? yeah OKAY.

I only have two choices here unfortunately because of the way it's in overtime. Either Dee or Caprica.

Dee seems to be providing much more analysis than Caprica. Caprica keeps just trying to reassure us that "i'm town, i'm town. I promise I'm town". that plus the weird thing how they KNOW who's who bothers me a lot. I'm still not sold on Roslin being anything productive for the town. But the way this day has gone I only have two choices here. Sorry I couldn't be more active to interact with all of it. Real life gets in the way sometimes.

I'm going to have to go with ##Vote: Caprica

Blog Entries

BEGIN/

DAY TWO HAS NOW ENDED. DAY TWO RESULTS FORTHCOMING.

​END/

Blog Entries

Default Day Two / Result & Night Two / Begin Phase

BEGIN/

COMPUTING FINAL DAY ONE RESULTS LIST:

[OVC]

| Day Two |

Caprica - 5 / 6 (Adama, Felix, Tigh, Dee, D'Anna/Overtime)

Dee - 4 / 6
    (Roslin, Gaius, Caprica, Aaron)

Gaius - 0 / 6
    (Caprica)

(Helo did not vote)

END/

CYLON OPERATIONAL REPORT - 23/06/17 EARTH STANDARD TIME - 16:10

BEGIN/

DAY TWO WAS LONGER THAN ANTICIPATED. THIS CYLON MODEL WAS UNABLE TO BEGIN ROUTINE NIGHT OBSERVATIONS. THE INTERVENTION OF THE 'D'ANNA' HUMAN ALLOWED THE DAY TO END.

TODAY'S ACTIVITY CENTRED AROUND THE IDENTITY OF THE 'CAPRICA' AND 'DEE' HUMAN. BATTLESTAR COMMAND STAFF RALLIED BEHIND TWO CAMPS OF THOUGHT.

ULTIMATELY, THE 'D'ANNA' HUMAN DECIDED THAT CAPRICA WAS A CYLON. THE 'CAPRICA' HUMAN WAS AIRLOCKED. IN THE COLD VASTNESS OF SPACE, THE TRUE NATURE OF HER IDENTITY WAS FINALLY KNOWN.

END/

[M] Caprica.png

CAPRICA WAS A VANILLA TOWNIE WHO WAS PLAYED BY FFNUT. HER LAST REGRET WAS THAT SHE DIDN'T BED GAIUS BALTAR.

| Night Two |

Today ends in Twenty-Four hours, or when all night actions have been submitted (unless it is stated in the PM that they wish to have more time).

The thread will re-open at 18:30 GMT to begin Day Three.

Nine Players Remain.

Blog Entries

Default Day Three / Begin Phase

BEGIN/

IDENTICAL TO THE PREVIOUS NIGHT, I HAVE BEEN COVERTLY MONITORING PARTICIPANT VITAL SIGNS DURING NON-WAKING HOURS.

DURING THE NIGHT, A PARTICIPANT IN THE OPERATION DIED THROUGH MULTIPLE GUNSHOTS TO THE UPPER TORSO. THIS CYLON MODEL CANNOT DETECT PAIN, BUT IT CAN BE PREDICTED THAT IT WAS MOST PAINFUL. I CAN REVEAL THE IDENTITY OF THE VICTIM AS:

[M] D'Anna.png

D'ANNA WAS A TWO-SHOT CYLON WATCHER WHO WAS PLAYED BY FREYA; HER WATCHFUL EYE NO MATCH FOR A STEALTHY KILLER.

| Day Three |

Today ends immediately when a majority is reached on either a player or the 'no lynch' option. If no majority is reached, the day will time out 48 hours from now (19:00 GMT, 15th).

The lynch cap for today is five.

Eight Players Remain.

END/

Blog Entries

BEGIN/

IN HONOUR OF D'ANNA'S HUMOROUS GIF CONTRIBUTIONS, HERE IS ONE LAST D'ANNA GIF, GETTING OFF THIS RIDE EARLY.

END/

Well, I'm on the short list to be air locked next and that's perfectly fair. I acknowledge that I look pretty scummy now.

With this turn of events, I'll give my thoughts for anyone interested. Good job to the Vigilante or whatever you are, and who ever you are. D'anna was becoming suspicious to me, but Athena wasn't really. That's two good kills, and if it weren't for you town would be pretty far behind.

Scenario A) Roslin has good information, and we should trust her urging to vote Dee out the air lock. I'm not sure how FFNut/Caprica was so certain Roslin is correct since a Vanilla Townie has no access to that information, and couldn't communicate with Roslin. Perhaps FFNut had a good read in some other way, but it largely seemed to be based off of Roslin's certainty.

Scenario B) Roslin is still either a Jester or Lyncher looking to get either get killed or get Dee killed. I said before I'm not certain, but Roslin being this loud about having information without being willing to go ahead and explain at least part of how they know it is strange. At the point where you're potentially drawing fire on yourself from mafia, you may as well at least try and explain your reasoning. You've already made yourself a big target.

So she's either still alive because she was night protected, or mafia knows she's not worth killing off.

Scenario A looks more likely to me. No one died, and I doubt the Cylons gave us a night off just out of the goodness of their warm hearts. No... they tried to take one of us out and failed. Roslin was a prime target; a high priority to be protected, especially after Caprica turned town. That means Roslin's assertion wasn't contradicted, and if Dee is a Cylon, those bucketheads would just be itching to take her out, however bad it looks.

Even if the toasters knew she wasn't a threat, a town protector wouldn't know that. Who else would the protector protect? Who else had a target on their backs? And what, the Cylons just so happened to attack them as well? That would be quite the lucky break.

I've been doing this too long to believe in lucky breaks.

Well that was unexpected. I was pretty sure Caprica was scummy but I guess that's how things roll sometimes. But given we're two mafia down we might be in a decent position numbers wise depending on what exactly is going on behind the scenes with that second night kill day one.

I'd very much like to hear some more about Roslin's information she had though, and what information she may have gained last night since she's all but outright said she has a role. Anything useful you've been able to glean as of last night?