Hi. It's called Death of a Fansite. Have a trailer.

Shout out to Fynn for the character artwork

Am I going to be in this game?! What will I be?!
I know that's the first question everyone will ask. Here's a little guarantee for you - if you make a post in this thread before I finalise the thing, you'll be in the game. As you may have seen from the trailer, there's EoFFers past and present in it so you may well be in it anyway.

What will it be like?
My favourite FF game at the moment is FF Record Keeper, and so I've heavily borrowed from its combat system. I began with the idea of just recreating its battle system so I could design my own battles for it (yes I'm a loser but hey everyone needs a hobby) and then it kind of spiraled from there.

When is it coming out?
It's like 95% done and I just want to run through it a couple of times to make sure there's no bugs. So, soon! But not like, within the next week soon. My play-as-you-build test run is clocked in at 3 hours playtime!

I need YOUR help!

ISSUE 1: What should the Final Boss battle music be?
I'm not going to tell you who the boss will be or anything about them - where's the fun in that? Imagine you've got to fight a showdown with the very existence of EoFF at stake. What do you want as your backing track? Would it be epic? Or would it just be some funny joke song? Surprise me. All I'll ask is that we stick to game (or maybe even movie and TV) soundtracks. YouTube link mandatory!

ISSUE 2: I want to add a bonus character - who should it be?
If you were watching the trailer, you can probably figure out who all ten of the current characters are. Why did I pick them and not you? I literally just picked the top 10 posters in 2017. That's all I did.

So the top 10 posters and my 10 characters are...
  1. Fynn 1819
  2. Formalhaut 1163
  3. Psychotic 1056
  4. Freya 777
  5. Pumpkin 748
  6. FFNut 663
  7. Shauna 577
  8. Scruffington 470
  9. Bubba 449
  10. Fox 381

Sorry, that's locked in now, so spamming up the forums now isn't going to help! Why are there so many of these people whose names begin with F, by the way? What's up with that?

However, I decided I'm going to add a bonus 11th character after you beat the final boss, as there's some post game content for you to clear. So, of all EoFF members, past and present: Who would you want in your party? Throw out some names and tell us why they'd be a cool party member! I know many people will answer themselves but it'd kind of be boring if the thread is just made up of people demanding they get picked. I mean if you want to put yourself forward and say why you'd be cool go hog wild, but it'd be more fun if you put up a couple of other interesting suggestions too.

How will you choose the winners?
Ideally I'd like a general consensus to be reached in the thread as we all say "Yes that's it, that's the one!" but I doubt that'll happen. Maybe I'll make a poll and add it to this thread, or maybe I'll just be a diva director and pick whichever ones I like the best.

PS: if you could tell me what you thought of the trailer and if you're interested in playing the thing I'd be grateful.