Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Blind Bloodborne playthrough thread HYPE

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Use Numbing Mists to stop her healing, other than that, just stick to her backside like a sticker and always dodge to the left. Just about everything in the game seems to be right handed, so learning to dodge and circle to the left will help you avoid most attacks. I didn't really have much issue with Amelia like some people do, but it may have to do with me starting the Chalice Dungeon by this point so I may have had a slight level advantage. It helps this was my third Souls-style game so I was way better with maximizing a build this time around. I shudder to imagine what it will be like to go back to NG+ on Demon's Souls with my Jack of All/Master of None character build.

Yeah, the Kirkhammer is a pretty awesome weapon, though I still prefer Ludwig's Blade, but that might be due to sporting a Black Knight Sword for 90% of Dark Souls and the two-handed mode works exactly the same. The Tontrius was a surprisingly good weapon as well despite my aversion to mace style weapons.

Have you met the Crow Hunter yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Use Numbing Mists to stop her healing, other than that, just stick to her backside like a sticker and always dodge to the left. Just about everything in the game seems to be right handed, so learning to dodge and circle to the left will help you avoid most attacks. I didn't really have much issue with Amelia like some people do, but it may have to do with me starting the Chalice Dungeon by this point so I may have had a slight level advantage. It helps this was my third Souls-style game so I was way better with maximizing a build this time around. I shudder to imagine what it will be like to go back to NG+ on Demon's Souls with my Jack of All/Master of None character build.

Yeah, the Kirkhammer is a pretty awesome weapon, though I still prefer Ludwig's Blade, but that might be due to sporting a Black Knight Sword for 90% of Dark Souls and the two-handed mode works exactly the same. The Tontrius was a surprisingly good weapon as well despite my aversion to mace style weapons.

I read a message saying "nothing but hunter of hunters here". Combined with the crow armor item description showing up during loading screens I have a feeling I will be meeting this thing very soon.

Also thanks for the tips! I think I'm not doing everything super efficiently despite this being my 4th Souls-like game. I am investing everything straight away into weapon upgrades, but they've been spread over 4 different weapons cause I like to experiment with them. Levelling seems a bit more powerful here than it was in Dark Souls, mainly because armor can't be upgraded (I think?) and it's the only way to improve survivability.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, armor doesn't upgrade, but there is enough variety that it does help to switch up what you got for the task at hand. I can't remember it's name exactly, but the burnt Hunter Set was probably my favorite set.

Oh yeah, experiment with weapons because that is half the fun in this game. I used several weapons throughout my playthrough, though I never experimented with guns as much as I should have. Probably due to Bloodtinge being my least used stat, though the Chikage made me sad I didn't ump more points into it.

You probably should have met the Cro by now, but frankly, she's easy to miss since her garb makes her blend in to the background pretty easily. Her questline leads into one of the nastiest optional fights in the game.

Yeah, armor doesn't upgrade, but there is enough variety that it does help to switch up what you got for the task at hand. I can't remember it's name exactly, but the burnt Hunter Set was probably my favorite set.

Oh yeah, experiment with weapons because that is half the fun in this game. I used several weapons throughout my playthrough, though I never experimented with guns as much as I should have. Probably due to Bloodtinge being my least used stat, though the Chikage made me sad I didn't ump more points into it.

You probably should have met the Cro by now, but frankly, she's easy to miss since her garb makes her blend in to the background pretty easily. Her questline leads into one of the nastiest optional fights in the game.
    If she can be talked to than I'm sure I missed her. So far only one resident came out of her home, everyone else is nasty to me

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most of them are nasty to you. Two of them specifically will be asses to you even when you "rescue them", though I should mention that there are no happy endings in Bloodborne. Have you tried going back to the clinic at the start of the game yet?

Most of them are nasty to you. Two of them specifically will be asses to you even when you "rescue them", though I should mention that there are no happy endings in Bloodborne. Have you tried going back to the clinic at the start of the game yet?
    Please keep it spoiler free, I couldve guesses the no happy endings part but still

Yea, I sent a lady there. SpoilerDoesn't seem to be fun in there!

Managed to beat spoiler Vicar Amelia and the Witch of something. Also found an old forest. I am more and more intrigued and baffled by the world design both in terms of layout and lore. Loving the fear the Night of the Hunt induces, the heavy church themes and corruption of basically everything.

Also had a glitch in spoiler the street where there are 4 people to talk to. First they responded normally but then I returned after dipping into the old forest and they all had the same talk prompted, same voice, same character, same conversation. Glitch!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Please keep it spoiler free, I couldve guesses the no happy endings part but still
    Sorry, but this is the team that does the Souls series, and it's not like that's a happy place either.

Managed to beat spoiler Vicar Amelia and the Witch of something. Also found an old forest. I am more and more intrigued and baffled by the world design both in terms of layout and lore. Loving the fear the Night of the Hunt induces, the heavy church themes and corruption of basically everything.
    Yeah, this game has my favorite lore that From Software has done.

Also had a glitch in spoiler the street where there are 4 people to talk to. First they responded normally but then I returned after dipping into the old forest and they all had the same talk prompted, same voice, same character, same conversation. Glitch!
    That's not a glitch...

Sorry, but this is the team that does the Souls series, and it's not like that's a happy place either.

Yeah, this game has my favorite lore that From Software has done.

That's not a glitch...
    I mean it was the same character behind all 4 doors/windows. Impossible I'd say ;p

Aw, you may have missed out on one of my favorite NPCs, but she's mostly someone you'd want to befriend as a Dex character, so as someone who prefers the hammer, all you're missing is flavor, nothing substantial. So maybe next playthrough

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's not a glitch...
    I mean it was the same character behind all 4 doors/windows. Impossible I'd say ;p
    It still wasn't a glitch.

How high is your insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Aw, you may have missed out on one of my favorite NPCs, but she's mostly someone you'd want to befriend as a Dex character, so as someone who prefers the hammer, all you're missing is flavor, nothing substantial. So maybe next playthrough
    After WK saying she's hard to spot I did a quick google and found her still.

That's not a glitch...

I think it's on 10 atm. Curious to see where this is going.

That's not a glitch...

I think I see what you mean now. I also talked to a chair. I have a feeling higher insight means you see things a little differently. /Spoiler Met Patches, or at least I think it's him. Did some exploring and ended up in all kinds of weird places. All 4 awaken stones are now lit up. I got lots of exploring to do. Enemies definitely stepped it up a notch.

Also glorious 2 handed Kirk Hammer forward+R2 attack, I wish I had used you sooner.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, insight is one of my favorite mechanics in the game, though it does raise lower your resistance to frenzy (crazy/madness in the original Japanese) so be careful. Frenzy is pretty much like blood loss in Souls.

Insight annoys me because it's such a wasted mechanic. It does virtually nothing in the entire game.

Yeah, insight is one of my favorite mechanics in the game, though it does raise lower your resistance to frenzy (crazy/madness in the original Japanese) so be careful. Frenzy is pretty much like blood loss in Souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Insight annoys me because it's such a wasted mechanic. It does virtually nothing in the entire game.
    Two very different opinions on this! Cant wait to find out more. I hope this game is like Dark Souls, it's like finishing it once only means the beginning of it all.