Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Blind Bloodborne playthrough thread HYPE

Final Boss time i think! He's tough!!

Edit: (SPOILER) So I tried Gehrman like 10 times and cant get him below half health. Any tips?
    Last edited by Pete for President; 06-24-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Become a parry god

It's really more one of those things where you have to contain yourself in a frantic situation. Our instinct is to just mash dodge, but that only barely helps. You have to learn to control yourself and choose to dodge, once, in a direction, at a specific time

Probably a good time to point out again, that dodging backwards is probably a pretty bad idea

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, dodge to your left during his attacks and mainly counter him with Parry. He's a lot like Lord Gwyn where he's super aggressive with mad combos but becomes a bit of a cakewalk once you get the parry timing down.

Cool im gonna try again! Anyone willing to help for coop by any chance? I have to return the ps4 to my friend tomorrow so it's last chance :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish I could but I don't have a PSN+ account so I never was able to utilize the online features of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I wish I could but I don't have a PSN+ account so I never was able to utilize the online features of the game.
    Could've been fun! I haven't summoned any other players for bosses but I did make use of NPC summons. I co-oped a couple times to get certain boss fights down. It makes things so much easier I think.

Good news is that I just beat the guy solo! So tense. (SPOILER) So this thing came down and swallowed me and now I'm in Gehrman's wheelchair. I think this one's ending is kinda lame. Can't wait to discover the others and I wish I could do another playthrough, but I think I'll just read up on it and watch them on youtube. When I first finished Dark Souls the game didn't really start until after finishing Gwyn. That's when I went back for all the stuff and missed and discovered the most amazing world and characters. I'm kinda hoping Bloodborne does the same for me. I must've missed so many things! I also really want to get more involved in Arcane.

Final stats:
    Vit: 29
    End: 24
    Str: 32-ish
    Skill: 20
    BT: 6?
    Arcane: 16

Edit: as for my first playthrough with this game right meow I'd say it's phenomenal, damn near perfect and a really awesome experience. I'll probably write a full on verdict at some point.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 06-24-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Just a friendly FYI and I'm not sure if it's because I previously had plus or if it's just the way it is but for the months I didn't have plus I still played this and souls with my girlfriend. I don't think they need plus. I didn't anyway. But she did. And we have the same IP so it may have confused their network. But just saying. Might not need plus to enjoy online options

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Could've been fun! I haven't summoned any other players for bosses but I did make use of NPC summons. I co-oped a couple times to get certain boss fights down. It makes things so much easier I think.

Good news is that I just beat the guy solo! So tense. (SPOILER) So this thing came down and swallowed me and now I'm in Gehrman's wheelchair. I think this one's ending is kinda lame. Can't wait to discover the others and I wish I could do another playthrough, but I think I'll just read up on it and watch them on youtube. When I first finished Dark Souls the game didn't really start until after finishing Gwyn. That's when I went back for all the stuff and missed and discovered the most amazing world and characters. I'm kinda hoping Bloodborne does the same for me. I must've missed so many things! I also really want to get more involved in Arcane.

Final stats:

Edit: as for my first playthrough with this game right meow I'd say it's phenomenal, damn near perfect and a really awesome experience. I'll probably write a full on verdict at some point.
    Would have been super fun, some of my best memories with Dark Souls was helping players deal with the Capra Demon.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and wouldn't be surprised if you missed something here and there, the game has a lot of secrets and interesting quest-lines. You also purchase Gehrnam's Scythe weapon when you load your new data.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post

Final stats:

Would have been super fun, some of my best memories with Dark Souls was helping players deal with the Capra Demon.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and wouldn't be surprised if you missed something here and there, the game has a lot of secrets and interesting quest-lines. You also purchase Gehrnam's Scythe weapon when you load your new data.
    Been watching some Vaatividya about the story and characters. I totally missed the little girl's house even though I must've passed it countless times. I also totally forgot about the dude close to the lantern in central Yharnam. I did find it weird when the random beast showed up there. The church and it's hunter departments are really intriguing and I love the lore around them. Sad to admit I never found the original workshop

Can now safely tell you Eileen is my fave and gives access to awesome dex weapons

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vaatividya does some great videos about this game. I especially love his insight videos. To be fair, the path to the real workshop is actually a bit difficult to find, you would either need to know where to go or just be extremely lucky to stumble upon it. The best part of the place is you get one of the best hunter tools there, the Hunter's Bone, which allows you to flash step when you dodge, increasing your dodge window. Several of the nastiest hunter enemies in the game use this item, including the "Cainhurst Rogue Hunter" from Eileen's quest, Gerhnam, and Maria.

Just got the official artworks in the mail today. I had actually forgotten I'd pre-ordered it months ago. Pleasant surprise. And learned that the trench coat guys outside Cathedral Ward are not doctors like the community has called them. And finally learned the name of those crazy fly things in Bergynwerth

But really, the book exactly what I was hoping, and it's amazing to see how close the concept art was. The game designers did a phenomenal job capturing this stuff in game. There's barely any difference in most cases

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Just got the official artworks in the mail today. I had actually forgotten I'd pre-ordered it months ago. Pleasant surprise. And learned that the trench coat guys outside Cathedral Ward are not doctors like the community has called them. And finally learned the name of those crazy fly things in Bergynwerth

But really, the book exactly what I was hoping, and it's amazing to see how close the concept art was. The game designers did a phenomenal job capturing this stuff in game. There's barely any difference in most cases
    What are the Trenchcoat guys called? :o

I've given this game some more thought and came to the conclusion that it's my favourite game in years, probably since Dark Souls :P I love the heavy religious theme but also the psychedelicness of it all. The big eldritch creature things are imo a little bit strange designed and I dont like them, but the concept of the Great Ones having transcended into another plane by thought is really cool, especially with how Master Willem and Laurence tried to join them. Also I love how dark the church hunters actually are; they are not heroes, they are hitmen doing dirty work. So cool.

I've been thinking and I remember a lot of people saying Bloodborne is based on Victorian age London but I actually think there's just as many Belgian references.

For instance Belgium speaks both Flamish (a form of Dutch) and French. Willem (Master Willem) is a classic Dutch/Flamish name, while Gascoigne and Laurence are classic French names.

Also check out this architecture from the city of Leuven:

leuven-stadhuis-city-hall-and-buildings-on-grote-markt-leuven-flemish-HJP90J.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think most people just saw the hats and thought "England" but it's obvious the team used several inspirations across Europe.