Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

There's also going to be no Aisha Tyler presenting Ubisoft's conference this year. Worst E3 ever: confirmed.

SE do, based off of their SE Presents schedule, have an unannounced title they'll be revealing. It could either be something new, or will just be another mobile game of some sort.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I forgot Atlus are doing a new fantasy RPG!

Okay my interest is rising again for this E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    There's also going to be no Aisha Tyler presenting Ubisoft's conference this year. Worst E3 ever: confirmed.

SE do, based off of their SE Presents schedule, have an unannounced title they'll be revealing. It could either be something new, or will just be another mobile game of some sort.
    Thank god for that. Aisha Tyler has been a pretty cringeworthy host for Ubisoft. Excited to see someone new.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I think people really have the wrong expectations for this event.

For Sony's conference, there's no way The Last of Us Part II comes out this year. It's a 2018 title.
    Mmmm. I don't expect LOU 2 to come out this year. I'm just excited to see more info about the game.

As for Pokemon, Game Freak could have easily put Ultra Sun and Moon or the rumored Stars on Switch. While yes Nintendo needs time to build up its catalog, it was disappointing that no main Poke title was put on the Switch, regardless of how you feel about it bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I think people really have the wrong expectations for this event.

For Sony's conference, there's no way The Last of Us Part II comes out this year. It's a 2018 title.
    Mmmm. I don't expect LOU 2 to come out this year. I'm just excited to see more info about the game.

As for Pokemon, Game Freak could have easily put Ultra Sun and Moon or the rumored Stars on Switch. While yes Nintendo needs time to build up its catalog, it was disappointing that no main Poke title was put on the Switch, regardless of how you feel about it bub.
    Yeah, I definitely think TLoU Part II will be Sony's big 2018 title. 2017 is the year for Horizon, Crash and God of War.

As for Nintendo...there's no way they could have been released on the Switch. Those games are made for the 3DS, not the Switch. If they could have put those games out this year they definitely would have.

I'm not really disappointed about it because I didn't expect new Pokemon games to come out for the Switch until late 2018 at the earliest. I think other expectations are a little bit unrealistic.

Relax, dude. They'll come out in due time. And when they come out I'm sure they'll be fantastic.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Half Life 3.

With all the crazy trout that was announced in 2015 I thought this legit had a chance.

Half-Life 3
    Mega Man Legends 3
    Banjo-Threeie

If you're gonna dream, dream big.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Microsoft:

- Most Powerful Console Evaaaaaar
    - Cars, Cars and Cars in Forza
    - Slew of generic zombie/pvp games
    - Oh a new Metro game
    - Assassin's Creed: (We'veRunOutofIdeassoWeJustTookGiantCreaturesandSlowMofromPrinceofPersiaandMixedinRPGElementsbutYou' llStillbeScalingUbisoftTowers) Origins
    - More zombies and PvP
    - Minecraft, is really going cross-platform this year, really, honest
    - Sea of Thieves, more like Sea of Feels because it looks so fun
    - Hey we haven't forgotten about Crackdown 3 but the destruction has been neutered
    - Tails Meets Super Mario
    - LIFE IS STRANGE PREQUEL HYPE
    - Backwards compatibility with original XBOX Games
    - Some other stuff
    - ANTHEM, AKA Mass Effect: Apology - we can still do facial animations! Okay BioWare, take my money.

Overall, not enough to make me want to drop $499 on an XBOX One X, and not much screamed out to me as must buys right now. Anthem and Sea of Thieves look sweet though!

I'll be watching ProJared's review of it eventually, but none of the games I'd be curious about are likely going to be exclusives, and I think I'll get along just fine with just a regular Xbox One whenever I get around to getting one. I was never really interested in Crackdown, so the slow development, and taking back of wild expectations doesn't bother me either

Hopefully they at least showed some sort of angle for Anthem, because the teaser they showed for EA didn't do anything for me

Edit: Just watched the "angle" trailer, with scripted RP voice-over, taking a page out of Ubisoft's playbook, and still barely explaining what the game is, other than BioWare's answer to Destiny I guess. Though I've always been interested in Destiny, so maybe BioWare can get me into that sort of game. My online friends are few, so those sort of things don't cater to me, but this looks like it might be okay to go solo as well

And just for laughs I watched the Assassin's Creed: Origins trailer, and while they obviously took mechanical inspiration from Horizon: Zero Dawn and Dark Souls, it piques my interest. I wouldn't mind going back to ancient Egypt. Not too many games are interested in going back quite that far in history for a setting, but it is rife with gaming and story possibilities

And, again, nothing I'm interested in is XBox exclusive, just XBox "enhanced"

Also... why the heck did Microsoft want to trademark "S" if they were just going to go with "X" instead.. (Edit2: Nevermind, I forgot they re-launched their console with the S moniker, for some reason I was thinking S was going to stand for Scorpio)

...Crackdown 3 had some crazy Saints Row vibes with the art style and presentation of just how crazy they're willing to go. Maybe it does pique my interest after all. If nothing else, props to the editor of the trailer. That was very enjoyable

Ah poop. Just found out they stole Ashen. That game was on my radar for a while now and there was never any mention of it being an XBO exclusive. That and a new Ori may finally justify a console purchase as I love me some Metroidvania and XBO having 2 of the newest most well crafted ones is hard to ignore
    Last edited by Vyk; 06-12-2017 at 02:29 AM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Digging through the remnants of trailers, reveals, announcements, etc. since I didn't watch the event, and a game called The Last Night seems to have sprung up and I think it deserves some presence. It looks awesome. Typical cyberpunk, neon, Blade Runner look, but in beautiful pixelart, and looks to be really well done. Can't wait to see more on that one

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is the first E3 I've pretty much ignored. I forgot it was even coming up. I don't know why I'm not too excited for it this year. Hopefully some cool stuff gets shown though. I'll probably check to see if there's any cool trailers on my next day off though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Microsoft's conference was better than I expected. That DBZ game looks lit, that new platformer looks great, a mostly good show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Digging through the remnants of trailers, reveals, announcements, etc. since I didn't watch the event, and a game called The Last Night seems to have sprung up and I think it deserves some presence. It looks awesome. Typical cyberpunk, neon, Blade Runner look, but in beautiful pixelart, and looks to be really well done. Can't wait to see more on that one
    Nah, the creator is full of some smurf trout.